Mount Pleasant High School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
Some teachers have a closed door policy. Only two counselors for the school & never available. I feel really bad for students needing assistance & who R caught in the web of the system u r on your own.

Mount Pleasant High School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
I Love Mt Pleasant. My daughter has been going there since she was a freshman. She is a Juniour now. Its a great school with really supportive staff.

Posted August 06, 2013
this school is actually not what its said to be. its a really good school. the teachers are really devoted to their jobs. and sure it may have its pros and cons. but no one really does anything to you unless you do something to them. it depends on who you hang out with. if you hang out with the right people your school year will be amazing.

Posted July 03, 2013
Last year was my first year in the US, I'll be a junior next year. Gangs and pregnancy do happen. But overall it depends on who you or your kid hang with. Even though 70-75% (I think) of the student are Latino but there are absolutely no racism (As far as I know). The staffs are ABSOLUTELY 100% the best that you can ask for. My teachers come really early in the morning and stay late after school just to help us. The AP classes have the best of best teachers. Some of our AP teachers even got on TV because of the records of passing AP students that they teach. The principal, vice principle, everybody in the office are just super friendly and helpful. Love this school so far :)

Posted August 30, 2012
Mt. Pleasant High School is a great school regardless of what others say. If you think it isn't a good school...you or your son/daughter probably don't follow the rules or don't go to school for the purposes schools are. Thanks to this school and the great help I received, I got accepted to 9 out of the 10 universities I applied to including USC, SCU, UCLA, UCB, UCI, SJSU, SFSU, Sac State, SDSU. Go Cardinals!!!!!

Mount Pleasant High School 3

Posted December 14, 2011
I have a concern about gangs in Mt. Pleasant. Every morning, when I drop off my son, I've been seeing kids dressed in gang-related shirts and at the same time smoking in the corner of the back gate. Will it be possible if someone can do something about it? If you don't fix this, it will be a bad reputation for the school and more students will get inlvoled. Thanks.

Mount Pleasant High School 4

Posted January 20, 2011
My son is a student at MP and is happy here. He has some terrific teachers who push him to reach his full potential. The staff is serious about cracking down on rule breakers and the enviroment is a friendly and safe one. We have attended many sports events at the school and are always impressed to see that it is a family enviorment. The rumors of gangs, fights and pregnant girls are just silly.

Mount Pleasant High School 1

Posted May 21, 2010
Mt. Pleasant's API score is 693. That is incredibly low. The student pregnancy rate is higher than the API scores! That's why everyone calls it Mt. PREGNANT!!!!!!

Posted March 06, 2010
This school is really nice! Everyone is friendly to each other. I just love this school, some people just slack off work that's why the test scores are so poor.

Posted December 02, 2008
I have one daughter who recently graduated and one whose a senior and about to. They both have benefitted from attending MP. My older daughter is attending UC berkeley and younger on her way to UC Davis. As you can see, this school more than prepared my girls and I fully recommend this school. The environment is diverse and prepares the student for the world around them. Yes, there is bad and good, but so is live. Direction and support from the family is what makes the difference. If you are taking time to research this, then you know what I'm talking about. Good luck!

Mount Pleasant High School
1750 South White Road, San Jose, CA  95127
Last modified Mount Pleasant High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Pleasant High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.