Posted June 07, 2012
I can honestly say that this school has changed my life. Like all schools, Overfelt has it's low points and high points, however, I truly believe it has the potencial to be on of the best high schools in all of San Jose, and to me, it already is. The staff are dedicated to their students and to the development of the school. They motivate students to not only finish high school, but also to go on to college. It was a great experience and the school and it's staff and teachers have helped me become the person I am today.

William C. Overfelt High School 2

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted December 30, 2008

Posted December 29, 2008
Working at Overfelt, I've noticed that the administration and staff have a genuine commitment to their students. I know that students and parents experience this in different ways, and of course, students sometimes fall between the cracks despite even the best efforts of parents and teachers. That said, I grew up going to a 'good' public high school in this area that didn't do nearly as good job of addressing the needs of kids who are English language learners, kids who don't already have a ton of money and resources, and kids who just need a lot of extra support and guidance. Unlike some schools, our administration and staff actually leave our classrooms to try and understand where our students are coming from and help them in whatever way we can, not just classwork.

Posted November 12, 2008

Posted October 04, 2008
im a student here and i got to say i love this school!

Posted September 17, 2008
Overfelt is a great school. It has been growing in many ways over the years; it really doesn't look like a prison, haha. It's api scores haven't dropped since the 90's it's been getting better and better scores. It really is shaping up. The whole school is just one big family when you think about it...

Posted August 16, 2008
this school is not that bad over the last years the school keeps getting better and better and i love this school and i would never transfer to a different school.

William C. Overfelt High School 4

Posted July 24, 2008
I think this school has its rough edges. I mean some kids are pretty rude and disrespectful towards the teachers. But if you think about it--its reality. The real world is not no walk in the park, so Overfelt would open thier eyes. I transferred to Overfelt from a private high school, and I have never regretted it. At Overfelt there are really good teachers. They are willing to help you with personal and academic problems. All the teachers are great--and they really care about the students. So you know what I wouldnt base what school you plan to attend based on the API scores--because teachers have done all they can--its all in the students hands. And there are some students who dont realize that without an education you are nothing. My point is that you can take the horse to the water but you cant make it drink.

William C. Overfelt High School 1

Posted June 04, 2008
This school is all bad. people here have no respect and they think there all that. only some of the teachers are ok and some dont really care. not only that voilence and crime has gone up this year. Also this school is not very diverse and people will pick on you sometimes if your not one of them. overall im planning to switch high schools as soon as i can.

William C. Overfelt High School
1835 Cunningham Avenue, San Jose, CA  95122
Last modified William C. Overfelt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William C. Overfelt High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top