Bad
Good

I have a college age kid who went to this school and I currently have another kid there who is an 11th grader there. My college kid was not much into extracurricular activities and he flourished there. Most of the kids who he went to school with there, we are still in contact with. My 11th grader is into sports and is flourishing there as well making friends as well. I have spent a lot of time with all these kids over the years and they're all GOOD kids. My husband and I have volunteered a lot over the years and we have also attended almost every parent event. Myself and all the other parents I know love this school.

I'm disappointed with this school. This school was once a great school. However, it is going downhill. it seems like more and more this school is getting filled with kids in gangs, kids doing drugs and on top of that the school doesn't seem to care. my son is currently being bullied by a gang member at this school and no matter how many times we go and talk to the office they never do anything about it. just recently my son got his life threatened and all the principle said was that she was going to talk to the kid. principle does not care for students. and staff favorite students all the time. if you are planning on sending your kid to Piedmont hills please reconsider, it is not as good of a school the play out to be

I am stunned. It has been an enlightening experience at Piedmont Hills. The administration is so focused on fund raising that they've forgotten about educating our children. There are of course a few good teachers and support staff here but the principal and administration as well as some of the teachers are a real piece of work. Since when do teachers not teach? There's no sense of responsibility to the student's education here, it's definitely left up to the student...sink or swim. But I guess that's what public high school has come to. Maybe Piedmont Hills is just the best of the worst. And then again there are the test scores, but let's look at that a little closer. Do you really think test scores are reflective of the education available at high performing schools? Or is it simply demographics? I'm betting on demographics everytime. There's little to no parent involvement either. If public schools were run like any other business they would in fact fail due to non performance and customer satisfaction issues as well as mismanaging funds. If I had to make the decision over again I would have considered enrolling my kids elsewhere. Something to think about.

It's a shame, I always heard this was a great school but the administartion is poor and the focus is on money. Money for the teachers and administration, no priority on student education and safety. Some teachers are good but like in a barrel of apples it only takes one to spoil the whole barrel. Perhaps it is the result of the new principal's leadership. Extremely disappointed with the integrity of the administration.

This school isn't as good as students or parents might say if you aren't a straight A student. Students always talk about how they got a 99/100 on a test and say they did bad which is absurd. If your not an A student that also gets invovled with activities, good like making friends at this school.

It has so many extracurricular activities that are so important.

PHHS is the ideal highschool. You'll always find someone that has some of the same interests as you. Our API score increased (we're very smart.)

I love Piedmont Hills High because it's a nice and good school. I have a lot of good friends there. And i love my teachers.

I love piedmont!!! all my friends are there, there are lots of extracurricular activities, the teachers are good, and most of the students have discipline so i can learn well in class.

For the most part it has always been a very good school. The one thing that has changed through the years is it was a lot more diverse previously. My son attends this school but as a half Latin half African American male this school does not offer the chance to interact with a variety of cultures. Therefore I am moving my child from this school because while academics are very important, you learn about the Real world by learning not only academics but interacting with a variety of cultures.

Last modified Piedmont Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.