Posted December 04, 2014
I was very nervous about my son starting high school. I am so pleased with ST. My son has a 3.4 GPA and likes going to school. He played for the freshman football team and had a great season going 8-0. The coaches worked great with the team and parents. I love this school and their staff members. Everyone is very helpful and you can tell that they want their students to be successful! All in all a great experience!!!

Posted September 29, 2014
Santa Teresa. Wow. One of the greatest experience of my life. I am currently on my fourth and last year of this school. I wouldn't be who I am without the teachers I had. All of the staff are very hardworking and genuinely care about the school, the campus, and most of all, the students. Thank you Santa Teresa. Cheers to a happy 40th.

Santa Teresa High School 3

Posted February 11, 2014
It's an average school in an above average neighborhood. Suffers from being in the East Side district, which serves the worst hoods in the rest of San Jose. Moderate levels of AP classes and good music program but none of the academic departments stand out except maybe science. The top level of the student body is extremely bright (the school regularly does well in Academic Decathlon) but aren't pushed enough, so few get into Stanford or Ivies. It's fine if you want an average education for your kid, but if you can afford it, live in Almaden and send your kid to Leland.

Posted October 16, 2013
My son attended Santa Teresa High. He was accepted at UCLA, UCSB and SDSU. . If your child is someone who is assertive and independent, Santa Teresa should serve as a good foundation for a top university. My son also attended summer school at DeAnza College during his 4 years at Santa Teresa, which made a huge difference when came time to start university.

Posted June 15, 2013
I am definitely happy that I attended ST for my high school career. I am about to begin my senior year and I must say that the last 3 years have had its ups and downs but overall it's still a great school.

Posted May 24, 2013
Honestly, I've only been here for two years, but I actually really like the school. The teachers are all responsible and are professional in the subjects in which they teach. There are hardly any fights/drama/gossip at all! I'm personally in the AP classes, and everyone in those classes are mature and want to go to a good school like Yale or Stanford. I'm also in the multimedia program, and I am enjoying photography quite a bit. If it wasn't for Santa Teresa, I wouldn't grow to the person I am now. I REALLY love this school! Seriously, if you're a parent enroll your child here, and be sure to put them in the AP classes!

Posted November 10, 2012
This school has a huge safety issue. In the matter of three weeks my child was approached and threatened to be beat up three times and was not feeling safe. I brought this to the schools attention and all three times and was not given any support. The vice principal of safety is one of the rudest people I have meant in my life and with leadership like that no wonder the school has these issues.

Posted August 09, 2012
Heaven forbid you move during the summer when school's out. Even worse is if your kid is special education - because Santa Teresa's bureaucratic processes and lack of personnel redundancy will leave your poor child struggling and lost - if you're ven able to get them registered. I moved in July, and immediately started trying to register my daughter. The registrar was only there on spotty terms, and wasn't the warmest or most efficient of people. Worst of all, after I turned in all the paperwork I had to procure for these people, (5 attempts to register my child - why couldn't they just tell me everything up front?) I get a call JUST before the start of school saying she's NOT registered because I don't have a particular VERSION of some paper - and they REFUSE to register her until they get it. If you ever have to deal with these people, I feel sorry for you. Ask lots of questions to find out EVERYTHING you need and call them every day to follow up, or your kid will suffer.

Posted February 24, 2011
I went to S.T. for all four years and I graduated in 2008. At first I had a really negative attitude about learning and authority figures. Now that I am an adult I appreciate everything the staff at S.T. has done for me. If I could go back in time or if I got to choose which high school I went to. I would go to S.T. all over again.

Posted July 02, 2010
Horrbile school....too many kids on campus...teachers don't care about kids. attendance staff eat at their desk, and don't greet parents. Campus grounds needs help. Teachers only point out negativity in students, are not able to offer programs for students that "slip thru cracks". My teen will not go there next year. Very disappointed..

Santa Teresa High School
6150 Snell Road, San Jose, CA  95123
Last modified Santa Teresa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Teresa High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top