Bad
Good

As a parent of an ST student, I could not be more impressed with the school's teachers, course offerings, and plethora of extracurriculars including the award-winning musical programs. My student has been a member of the school's guitar program which I cannot speak highly enough about. Likewise, students in the marching band as well as various ensemble groups have access to some of the best music programs- instructions, staff, concerts, instruments- in the Bay Area. Our student is also an avid athlete and competes in two varsity sports. Our experience with his coaches as well as STHS's Booster Club has been nothing but positive- they've fostered a real community of students, parents, teachers and community members.

As a student coming from the UK the experience I've had has been the worst I've ever had. Students are nice and friendly here but the councilors are completely useless, they can't read transcripts so have managed to miss place me countless times, make me retake classes for no reason and provide little to no help to adjust to school here. I would of thought because that's there job they'd have more information and guidance but I was wrong. I find out after a whole year from a councilor outside of the school that I should have gotten a personal tutor of some kind to help with the adjustments but I never got any help what so ever. They simply place me in classes like US History with students that have been study for years and expect me to preform? In my opinion I would of got a better education from Google and Wikipedia.

I was very nervous about my son starting high school. I am so pleased with ST. My son has a 3.4 GPA and likes going to school. He played for the freshman football team and had a great season going 8-0. The coaches worked great with the team and parents. I love this school and their staff members. Everyone is very helpful and you can tell that they want their students to be successful! All in all a great experience!!!

Santa Teresa. Wow. One of the greatest experience of my life. I am currently on my fourth and last year of this school. I wouldn't be who I am without the teachers I had. All of the staff are very hardworking and genuinely care about the school, the campus, and most of all, the students. Thank you Santa Teresa. Cheers to a happy 40th.

It's an average school in an above average neighborhood. Suffers from being in the East Side district, which serves the worst hoods in the rest of San Jose. Moderate levels of AP classes and good music program but none of the academic departments stand out except maybe science. The top level of the student body is extremely bright (the school regularly does well in Academic Decathlon) but aren't pushed enough, so few get into Stanford or Ivies. It's fine if you want an average education for your kid, but if you can afford it, live in Almaden and send your kid to Leland.

My son attended Santa Teresa High. He was accepted at UCLA, UCSB and SDSU. . If your child is someone who is assertive and independent, Santa Teresa should serve as a good foundation for a top university. My son also attended summer school at DeAnza College during his 4 years at Santa Teresa, which made a huge difference when came time to start university.

I am definitely happy that I attended ST for my high school career. I am about to begin my senior year and I must say that the last 3 years have had its ups and downs but overall it's still a great school.

Honestly, I've only been here for two years, but I actually really like the school. The teachers are all responsible and are professional in the subjects in which they teach. There are hardly any fights/drama/gossip at all! I'm personally in the AP classes, and everyone in those classes are mature and want to go to a good school like Yale or Stanford. I'm also in the multimedia program, and I am enjoying photography quite a bit. If it wasn't for Santa Teresa, I wouldn't grow to the person I am now. I REALLY love this school! Seriously, if you're a parent enroll your child here, and be sure to put them in the AP classes!

This school has a huge safety issue. In the matter of three weeks my child was approached and threatened to be beat up three times and was not feeling safe. I brought this to the schools attention and all three times and was not given any support. The vice principal of safety is one of the rudest people I have meant in my life and with leadership like that no wonder the school has these issues.

Heaven forbid you move during the summer when school's out. Even worse is if your kid is special education - because Santa Teresa's bureaucratic processes and lack of personnel redundancy will leave your poor child struggling and lost - if you're ven able to get them registered. I moved in July, and immediately started trying to register my daughter. The registrar was only there on spotty terms, and wasn't the warmest or most efficient of people. Worst of all, after I turned in all the paperwork I had to procure for these people, (5 attempts to register my child - why couldn't they just tell me everything up front?) I get a call JUST before the start of school saying she's NOT registered because I don't have a particular VERSION of some paper - and they REFUSE to register her until they get it. If you ever have to deal with these people, I feel sorry for you. Ask lots of questions to find out EVERYTHING you need and call them every day to follow up, or your kid will suffer.

Last modified Santa Teresa High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.