Silver Creek High School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
I went here from 09-12, this school is decent, but way too many thugs and drugs. And the clothing rules are insane

Posted April 28, 2014
I am a student of class'13. I only attended Silver Creek High School for only 2 years it means since I was a junior. Teachers are very nice and helpful, they always help student when they need. You will have so much fun if you choose this school. Sometimes I wish I had a chance to change the time, I would have gone to Silver Creek earlier, as a freshmen to enjoy my high school. Good luck to all of you who are planning to be a Raiders. :)

Posted August 07, 2012
I just registered my son as a freshman, and I couldn't be more excited. My daughter graduated in June '12 after 4 years there, and had her pick of several universities, including almost every UC, University of Colorado at Boulder, U of Oregon, U of the Pacific, SFU, and NYU; nearly everywhere she applied. (This after admitting that she 'dogged' sophomore year.) This school helped her get a well-rounded education in a safe environment. Did she love every teacher? No, but show me a high school for which that's not the case, public or private. She never had any problem getting into AP classes (as opposed to EV), and did very well on the AP exams. She took 7 classes for which she received college credit. Today, at registration, I ran into teachers who remembered my daughter and asked about her. I was greeted cheerfully by administration and staff. Students were volunteering, and were poised and helpful. When I had to make a schedule change, it was handled cheerfully and professionally. Even better, lately the parent community has been more involved, and as a result the whole campus seems even more welcoming. Save your money for college tuition. This is a great school.

Posted March 29, 2012
I'm a freshman here at Silver Creek right now. I really have to say that this is an AMAZING school. The campus may not be as great as EV's, but it certainly doesn't matter. The teachers here are caring, and stay after school for tutoring! Also, the Leadership/ASB class holds many fun events that gets everyone's school spirit to show. FANTASTICS and Homecoming were VERY fun, and the best out of other schools that I have been to in the district. There are also a wide variety of AP classes here, I'm taking AP Chemistry next year. And, there is really no "gang problem" here. I have never seen a single fight here before. All in all, this school is amazing, and if you don't do anything in high school. then yes. It'll be really boring. Any incoming freshmen should come here to Silver Creek. They may not like it at first, but the school will grow on to them. They will love it here, I guarantee it. Go Raiders! :D

Silver Creek High School 2

Posted March 27, 2012
This school os horrible. I am a sophmore an the people below saying there is no gangs and fist fights has obviously never seen the handball courts or the corner by the N building. Fights occur at least once or twice a week but nothing seems to happen. The staff doesn't seem to care and most teachers are horrible! I was unlucky to get some of these teachers. I really don't recommend this school unles the student stays away from all drama.

Posted January 17, 2012
Very excellent , has amazing teachers and staff . Plus has the MOST AP class in the whole district. Students are very decicated and involved with school activities. No gang problems here.

Silver Creek High School 1

Posted June 24, 2011
Bad excuse for a school. I see an extensive amount of unprepared students and everything goes too slow. They never get things done.

Posted June 24, 2011
What makes Silver Creek is the time and dedication that the teachers and administration to give to their students. On top of their regular teaching day, teachers/principals are there every day and night of the week - sometimes 'till 9 or 10 - every school day for student activities and tutoring. This allows for any student to succeed if they want to...including in AP classes. SCHS doesn't have a lottery for their AP classes...If a student wants to challenge themselves, all are welcomed to. But the best thing about the school is how the student leaders typically run the school activities. It isn't teacher driven; it's student driven. All of this is what gives Silver Creek that family quality that the students talk about.

Posted March 13, 2011
This school is great. Most people think it's filled with fights and gangs prowling around looking for people to hurt, but that's far from reality. Silver Creek is very safe. Whoever wrote the review below about there being fights everyday, obviously doesn't attend the school because that's not true. I'm only a freshman but during this entire year, I haven't seen a single fight on campus. Also, everybody that I have met is nice and doesn't mean any harm. I feel like I'm on a great path going to Silver Creek.

Silver Creek High School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
I guess as a parent, our main concern is the safety and discipline in the entire school and the performance of the school as a whole. Now that the year is almost over, I can honestly say that I am very satisfied with everything. I feel that my daughter who is a freshman, is safe for the fact that the principal is very visible. And the teachers are very helpful. All school has its ups and downs but I believe with everyone's help, teachers, parents and the student's themselves, most of it can be eliminated. As a parent, we need to instill in our kid's mind the importance of education and make sure that we communicate with the teachers. My daughter is doing well in this school and I appreciate also the teachers help and concerns.

Silver Creek High School
3434 Silver Creek Road, San Jose, CA  95121
Last modified Silver Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silver Creek High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top