San Jose, CA

Cadwallader Elementary School 5

Posted September 24, 2013
(This is a corrected review from the previous one I made. I corrected the API score I mentioned previously.) Cadwallader Elementary School has enjoyed many great successes over the last few years. Thanks to the dedicated leadership of our principal Tina Choy and our excellent and valuable teachers, our students have accomplished great strides with their education at Cadwallader Elementary. The quality of education our students receive from Cadwallader is invaluable as the recent API scores have demonstrated. Our API score for the 2011-2012 school year is 895, which is a 18 point gain from the previous school year. While test achievement is important, we are also proud of our school activities held throughout the year such as Family Night, Multicultural Fashion Show, and many more. The school environment is a safe and nurturing environment for the students. As a PTA member and parent volunteer, I have met many wonderful teachers, students and parents and I am very pleased with our school's environment and culture. I am a happy parent who is proud to say that my children's school is Cadwallader Elementary School.

Cadwallader Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2010
I agree with most of the comments posted. There are a lot of things that need improvement, but it is not the schools fault. It is the lack of funds!! Our school needs increased funds for improvement. I have two children that attend this school and I have no problem with bullying, fights etc. I get along with all most all of the teachers. Do not be afraid to talk to the teachers. They will advise and recommend what is best for your child. I've done that for my eldest and it helped especially for the next school year. Our school can improve, but it's up to us and the fundings we receive.

Cadwallader Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2009

Cadwallader Elementary School 0

Posted December 04, 2008
I am a new parent to Cadwallader school. My child is in the Special Ed. Preschool. I do have to say that the involvement of the Preschool teachers and Speech Therapist is great. I have seen a dramatic improvement with my child and her teacher does a great job of notifying me and keeping me up to date with progress or concerns. The weekly newsletter are great but I think there should be more time on notification of upcoming events. A monthly calendar would help. There should also be a list of the extra services the school does offer and a description of where parent involvement is needed. An opportunity for future teachers working on credentials should be considered for volunteers.

Cadwallader Elementary School 0

Posted December 03, 2008
Yes I agree that this is an excellent school with lots of potential of becoming one of the top schools within our district. The only concern I have is that we have lost nearly all of our extra programs that we used to offer at this school. Our students do not have half of the opportunities of leadership, tutoring, and other fun learning lessons that they used to have with the previous principal. The afterschool homework program is on its way down and is not managed properly and my child has a very hard time getting anything done in there. When he does they give them the wrong answers. I think that we need some immediate action to get our school back up to the standard it was a couple of year ago. The school needs to be more organized and give the parents the right information.

Cadwallader Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2006
My largest complaint about Cadwallader would be the parking lot situation. They expect kids to cross in front of a bus depot or you have to park in an already crowded area in order to pick up your kids. Also there are very few extracurricular activities for the children to do.

Cadwallader Elementary School 5

Posted August 06, 2005
Outstanding School. I have had 2 children go through Cadwallader and at present have 1 child left. The teachers have been awesome in ensuring that my children achieve their targeted goals and achievement. The new Principal has made this a more of a home than a institute where students and parents all feel welcome and at home. Diversity has been taught to children that do not know what it means. Afterschool programs have been put into place by the Principal to ensure that all student receive the best of the best. Out test scores actually prove what a excellent job our Principal and teachers are doing with the students and their parents. The only downfall is that I personally do not see many parents at the workshops that are offered year round. So please look our for them and attend them for your childs benefit.

Cadwallader Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2004
My daughter graduated from this school this year. Both of us had a good experience with the school. I am very greatful and appreaciated that her 5th and 6th grade teachers were wonderful and very experienced. Especially her 6th grade teacher who took the class outside the classroom and envolve in the real life learing. Her class organized a book donation to Honduras. From that event my daughter learned how to appreaciate what she has. Also the new principal are a great leader and inspriration of the school.

Cadwallader Elementary School
3799 Cadwallader Avenue, San Jose, CA  95121
Last modified Cadwallader Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cadwallader Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top