Bad
Good

My son is in kindergarten at Cadwallader elementary. He is an English Learner and I was very worried after reviewing the first trimester report. He was behind in several areas and these assessments were accurate. Now, my son is one week from finishing his kindergarten and he is up to date in all the areas. More importantly, he loves his class and his teacher. He made many friends and he is looking forward to be in first grade. Through his classmates and school activities, I met and interacted with other parents who are equally dedicated their children's welfare as well. The current leadership and teachers are impressive. They are resourceful and they have high expectation for the kids. They do not compromise when it comes to helping kids meetin their educational goals. My son and I have attended many events and none had failed our expectation. I am proud that my son is a student at this school. I am hopeful that it will get better with time.

This is a great school. The scores are improving a lot. Parents are involved and teachers are paying attention to the students.

(This is a corrected review from the previous one I made. I corrected the API score I mentioned previously.) Cadwallader Elementary School has enjoyed many great successes over the last few years. Thanks to the dedicated leadership of our principal Tina Choy and our excellent and valuable teachers, our students have accomplished great strides with their education at Cadwallader Elementary. The quality of education our students receive from Cadwallader is invaluable as the recent API scores have demonstrated. Our API score for the 2011-2012 school year is 895, which is a 18 point gain from the previous school year. While test achievement is important, we are also proud of our school activities held throughout the year such as Family Night, Multicultural Fashion Show, and many more. The school environment is a safe and nurturing environment for the students. As a PTA member and parent volunteer, I have met many wonderful teachers, students and parents and I am very pleased with our school's environment and culture. I am a happy parent who is proud to say that my children's school is Cadwallader Elementary School.

I agree with most of the comments posted. There are a lot of things that need improvement, but it is not the schools fault. It is the lack of funds!! Our school needs increased funds for improvement. I have two children that attend this school and I have no problem with bullying, fights etc. I get along with all most all of the teachers. Do not be afraid to talk to the teachers. They will advise and recommend what is best for your child. I've done that for my eldest and it helped especially for the next school year. Our school can improve, but it's up to us and the fundings we receive.

I am a new parent to Cadwallader school. My child is in the Special Ed. Preschool. I do have to say that the involvement of the Preschool teachers and Speech Therapist is great. I have seen a dramatic improvement with my child and her teacher does a great job of notifying me and keeping me up to date with progress or concerns. The weekly newsletter are great but I think there should be more time on notification of upcoming events. A monthly calendar would help. There should also be a list of the extra services the school does offer and a description of where parent involvement is needed. An opportunity for future teachers working on credentials should be considered for volunteers.

Yes I agree that this is an excellent school with lots of potential of becoming one of the top schools within our district. The only concern I have is that we have lost nearly all of our extra programs that we used to offer at this school. Our students do not have half of the opportunities of leadership, tutoring, and other fun learning lessons that they used to have with the previous principal. The afterschool homework program is on its way down and is not managed properly and my child has a very hard time getting anything done in there. When he does they give them the wrong answers. I think that we need some immediate action to get our school back up to the standard it was a couple of year ago. The school needs to be more organized and give the parents the right information.

Last modified Cadwallader Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.