San Jose, CA

Dove Hill Elementary School 4

Posted December 25, 2014
I went to this school for three years and found they have okay teachers. The teaching was above standard. Although some of the older kids used to bully me and the yard duty did nothing. No matter how many times I reported them. I was also bullied by three girls for two years. My parents told the teachers but they did nothing. If you send your kid be prepared for some tears. I suggest to go to Castlemont Elementary School in Campbell.

Posted December 10, 2014
These is the worst school in the whole world. The teachers don't know how to teach.The dean of discipline never warns the students that they have detention and because they didn't come they have suspension.My son told me this school was better during the 6th grade. I even liked the school at that time. But then in seventh grade the teachers turned out to be bad.They would never teach. The dean of discipline is Ceran who came to the school in 7th grade and thought that she was the boss of the school. Everyone hates her. She is worst dean of discipline I have ever seen in any school.The other dean of discipline was way better. She goes around the school telling other teachers how to do their job. So in total I think this school sucks! I don't recommend it to anyone.

Posted June 09, 2013
My 5th grader son goes to this school, and one day he came home crying saying that someone hit him and stole his money. I was furious and wanted to go with him the next day. The boy looked like he was 2x bigger and really mean, but he did apologize. The school is old looking, and the neighborhood around seems a bit scary.

Posted May 03, 2012
Terrific school. The school has helped her in English as she came to this school.

Posted January 26, 2011
Exceptional school.Our daughter transferred from Cupertino school district for second grade. First we did not expect much with lower API. However this school seems to be better than our previous school. More home work for kids, stricter and more attentive teachers. School has not area for playing etc compared to our previous one. School bus is free of charge! Our daughter likes school so much. Teachers, principle care for kids very much. I cant think of one negative item to write

Posted October 23, 2010
Dove Hill is a great school. My son came in as a second grader. He was having some problems with his reading , his writing, and spelling. His teacher stepped up and gave him the extra help he needed. He's now in 3rd grade, his penmanship has greatly improved and comes home with 100% spelling tests and loves to read.

Dove Hill Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2010
My son attended Dove Hill during first grade in 2008. He did ok but in general did not feel capable / confident. We moved him to Rocketship Si Se Puede Charter in it's first year of operation in 2009. He had a hard time at first adjusting to the increased work load ( I could go into detail here but trust me, on several levels, there is just no comparison / it's no surprise Charter schools far outperform comparable regular public schools ) but quickly cought the bug and excelled. He will not miss a day of homework and does it all on his own. He now knows HE CAN DO IT.

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted March 02, 2009

Dove Hill Elementary School
1460 Colt Way, San Jose, CA  95121
Last modified Dove Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dove Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top