Posted May 10, 2014
The school is great now. We have seen it improve over last 6 to 7 years. Our both daughters have gone here. The higher grade especially 6th grade teachers needs to be improved as the level of teaching material is high enough and class teaches cannot cover all math to language and social studies with sesame level of depth.

Posted April 05, 2012
My child attended preschool at Stratford and then went to another private school for Kindergarten and the first couple of months of 1st grade before I moved him to Evergreen Elementary. He is now finishing up second grade. My only regret is that I didn't move him here sooner. I didn't realize that I had a treasure right here in my backyard. The teachers here are extremely caring and dedicated and go way above the call of duty for the children. The Principal (who used to be the vice Principal over at Matsumoto) is hardworking and committed and the Front office staff are absolutely wonderful. There are well thought out Field trips, Science Fairs, a superb Project Cornerstone program to teach the kids valuable life skills, and multiple after school activities to choose from- YMCA, Math Olympiad, After School Drama Club, Chess, Hindi, Abacus Math, Art- to name just a few. There are also plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer if they choose to. I'm not sure if what I have heard about the cutthroat competition and overbearing pressure at Matsumoto is true, but I am happy to have my child in a healthy atmosphere where his talents and skills are recognized and nurtured.

Posted March 02, 2011
My daughter has been here since kindergarten and my son was recently transferred from another school in 4th grade. The new principal is a very nice man and has helped the transition of the students from the other school that were rezoned to Evergreen. The school has finished major additions to the campus and and overall look that makes the school look new again. They have a state of the art multipurpose room and 9 green classrooms, new field, new landscaping, and parking spaces. There is a main gate that remains closed while school is in session for security. So far, the teachers that my kids have been very good and accomodating.

Posted December 31, 2009
The staff is good , Overall school is Ok , The only thing I don't like is that many teachers don't support extra curricular activities , PTA isn't very strong . The school really needs more PTA support

Evergreen Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
I agreed with you. I asked my child that have her teacher reviewed what she did wrong on her test or homework. My child said 'no'. this is my child first year attending to this school as a second grade.I don't see student -teacher involvement. Students have no challenging in this school. My child attended at other school at first grade, the teacher challenged her do 2nd grader math and she was able to write a composition with 3-4 paragraphs. I looked at the API score of this school, it was good , 'just the number' but what about quality of care and involvement with kids and family. My child never said something about her new teacher. When she was at other school, her K and 1st grade teachers were a part of our family story. I see also not that much parents and teachers activities in this school.

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted September 15, 2009
Great school with very experienced teachers. My Daughter goes to this school from last 4 yrs, and she just loves it. Homeworks are punctual, after school activities with many choices, plenty of playgrounds. Overall we like the school very much.

Evergreen Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted March 31, 2009
This school has Excellent teachers ,caring staff and a Good principal . My Daughter in Second Grade enjoys a lot and also is loved so much by other grade teachers.

Posted October 08, 2008

Evergreen Elementary School
3010 Fowler Road, San Jose, CA  95135
Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top