Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

As the parent are the first teachers in ur child's life, we are a team! Dont think you can send u kid to school and they are only taught by the teacher. We as parents need to be involved and help reinforced the curriculum. Yes very effective with parental involvement, time and patients!

Great teachers pool the kids together and tutor during the school day. They help get them to where they need to be. Even the the secretary helps tutor, its truly a family! You can see the principal all around campus helping where its needed. They push you and your kid to do more and I appreciate that! This is my second review, dnt know whats with to my first review but they definitely have it together as a whole! I currently have 1 in TK and the other is a 1st grader. This is my second round of schools here in San Jose. I have a 24 year old who was raised in Willow Glen area. Great school too but they cant compare to the attention and care they give the kids and parents. I failed to call in one day and Ms. Allen called me to make sure the kids were not coming to school that day. This school cares and u cant buy that nowhere! Oh and if ur kid is here after school, in the office they go! They make sure ur kid is safe.

I have a 11 years old son that attended Evergreen since 5th grade . He loves the school. I volunteers for activities. Evergreen and PTA are amazing. They put together many activities throughout the year that bring the community together. The teachers are all great, honest and supportive . I am happy that we have a great public school in our area.

The school is great now. We have seen it improve over last 6 to 7 years. Our both daughters have gone here. The higher grade especially 6th grade teachers needs to be improved as the level of teaching material is high enough and class teaches cannot cover all math to language and social studies with sesame level of depth.

My child attended preschool at Stratford and then went to another private school for Kindergarten and the first couple of months of 1st grade before I moved him to Evergreen Elementary. He is now finishing up second grade. My only regret is that I didn't move him here sooner. I didn't realize that I had a treasure right here in my backyard. The teachers here are extremely caring and dedicated and go way above the call of duty for the children. The Principal (who used to be the vice Principal over at Matsumoto) is hardworking and committed and the Front office staff are absolutely wonderful. There are well thought out Field trips, Science Fairs, a superb Project Cornerstone program to teach the kids valuable life skills, and multiple after school activities to choose from- YMCA, Math Olympiad, After School Drama Club, Chess, Hindi, Abacus Math, Art- to name just a few. There are also plenty of opportunities for parents to volunteer if they choose to. I'm not sure if what I have heard about the cutthroat competition and overbearing pressure at Matsumoto is true, but I am happy to have my child in a healthy atmosphere where his talents and skills are recognized and nurtured.

My daughter has been here since kindergarten and my son was recently transferred from another school in 4th grade. The new principal is a very nice man and has helped the transition of the students from the other school that were rezoned to Evergreen. The school has finished major additions to the campus and and overall look that makes the school look new again. They have a state of the art multipurpose room and 9 green classrooms, new field, new landscaping, and parking spaces. There is a main gate that remains closed while school is in session for security. So far, the teachers that my kids have been very good and accomodating.

The staff is good , Overall school is Ok , The only thing I don't like is that many teachers don't support extra curricular activities , PTA isn't very strong . The school really needs more PTA support

I agreed with you. I asked my child that have her teacher reviewed what she did wrong on her test or homework. My child said 'no'. this is my child first year attending to this school as a second grade.I don't see student -teacher involvement. Students have no challenging in this school. My child attended at other school at first grade, the teacher challenged her do 2nd grader math and she was able to write a composition with 3-4 paragraphs. I looked at the API score of this school, it was good , 'just the number' but what about quality of care and involvement with kids and family. My child never said something about her new teacher. When she was at other school, her K and 1st grade teachers were a part of our family story. I see also not that much parents and teachers activities in this school.

Great school with very experienced teachers. My Daughter goes to this school from last 4 yrs, and she just loves it. Homeworks are punctual, after school activities with many choices, plenty of playgrounds. Overall we like the school very much.

This school has Excellent teachers ,caring staff and a Good principal . My Daughter in Second Grade enjoys a lot and also is loved so much by other grade teachers.

Last modified Evergreen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.