Bad
Good

School year 2015-2016 is just the beginning to good things to come. It started with our wonderful teachers and added a new principal named Dr. Nguyen. She has turn the school from a 3 star to a 4/5 star. You can find her on the playground & at the lunch tables, participating in our Walk & Roll program, directing morning and afternoon traffic in our bus loop & in our classrooms. She started a program called habits of the mind. It's a social and emotional lesson the students learn. Such as persisting, and managing impulses. I've seen her with both parents and kids & it's clear to me they mean a lot to her. She supports the teachers and staff and they all work together to make a safe, and good school.

The school was visited by a woman's group that misguided children into speaking about their personal relationships with their parents and siblings at home. These groups try and build trust by telling silly stories, amusing the children. Then they ask personal family questions trying to coheres a response. The most important lesson my child learned was to not trust adults outside of his family, but that is the world we live in. They did send home an extremely vague permission letter misleading parents to believe no such actions would be taking place and it was purely educational.

This school may not have good lunch but the friends you make there are very nice and supportive. I am currently attending this school and next school year will miss it. I don't want to move on because I will be missing my friends. I've been at this school since Kindergarten and every year I love meeting new people. All kids at this school have different taste. In Laurelwood it's such a diverse community. We have been nomimated for the California Distinguished Schools reward. This is a very big honor and we always try our best to get our grades up. The class size may be too large but the teachers handle it very well. Every student is always there to support one another.

I really admire the teachers at this school. They work hard even though the class sizes are large, and the academic curriculum is fast-paced. The only complaint I have is the bullying (both from boys and girls) at the school.

My child used to go to private school and once I realized the level of education at Laurelwood was much higher than the private school that my child was attending, I immeditely set to find out more. The teachers at the school are exceptionally great, friendly, dedicated, and take serious concern over their students well-being on an acedemic level as well as on a personal level. I see how much my child now enjoys school and how much the child enjoys doing homework or playing school. Also, every single day, I see how much new materials my child has learned. I am really happy with Laurelwood and wished that my child had been attending this school since Kindergargen instead. Thank you Laurelwood, keep up the great work! Also, the school managed to improve their API score tremendously working towards excellence! Thank you to all the school teachers and staffs and parents!

This school is great. The teachers are fantastic. My kids are challenged but still love going to school. It is too bad the district swapped out the principal. The new one just doesn't seem to care very much about the school. It appears that they put her in so that they can quietly set the school up to be closed down to save some money. She won't put up much of a fight.

The new principal does not interact with the kids, nor does she attend all of the wonderful family activities that the school puts on. It is very uncommon to spot the principal walking around campus or getting involved in any way. Other than that, the school is very good.

This is the best elementary school Ive ever seen my daughter just finished kinder. And is now going to first and I have nothing bad to say.

This school offers a secure and safe place for my children to learn and grow. I have been extremely pleased with the staff and her accomplishments !!

The new principal is bad with the kids. She holes up in her ivory tower and doles out discipline. I will be moving my child to Cadwallader next year.

Last modified Laurelwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.