Posted June 04, 2014
I am a parent from another nearby school. I visited Millbrook because it has a very nice after school program run by the City of San Jose. The program is run well in my opinion. I was very impressed as an outsider in the way Millbrook was very inviting as I walked over to the school office. There were posters proudly displayed showing parent names participating in the P.T.A. Other posters showed valuable things that the school was doing. In the main office the secretaries were very kind and the atmosphere was that of great warmth and spoke loudly about the wonderful things the students are doing at the school (student work displayed etc.). About a month later I had the chance opportunity to meet the principal in an outside community situation and also noticed that she attends school district functions too. I found the principal to be very professional and she showed great warmth and kindness in speaking to myself and others. I believe she has strong experience in her years of educational work and although my child does not attend this school, I wanted to voice the good experiences I have had in visiting it.

Millbrook Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
My daughter is almost graduating this school and I was shocked to hear that she wasn't going to have a graduation. She was very upset about this and so was I. I don't think I ever want to recommend this school to anyone I know who has children about the same age. There seems to be many fights breaking out at this school and my kid doesn't feel safe here. I wish I would have known about this earlier so I could have transferred her to a different school, but now it is too late because she is almost graduating. The teachers seem very kind and respectful, but I certainly do not like the principal. My child says that she has heard Mrs. Welch, the principal, say many rude things to confused parents. She refused to sell school teachers and yells a parents.The ladies who work in the office are not as nice either. I always try to avoid having to go in there. My kid dreads seeing the principal every single day. So do I.

Millbrook Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
We have had both of our kids attend Millbrook and I just have to say that the teachers are some of the best. They care about the students and truly care about teaching. I truly feel that my kids enjoy learning because the teachers do such a good job. My son, who is now in high school, is still remembered by name by most of his previous teachers and it is so heartwarming to get that sense of community from them. We used to have more community building activities in previous years and I really miss that. Areas where the school could improve is the food that is provided. I don't feel that it is nutritious. To respond to other posts the kids do have access to art classes as part of their curriculum though only one day a week. Also 5 and 6th graders have access to a music program.

Millbrook Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2014
Worst School Ever! My main complaint is the principal. The principal is mean, because she doesn't let kids play baseball, soccer, football, etc. There is one yard duty that plays all those games and the principal is fine with that, but the problem is that he rarely comes. She never listens to anybody's idea, and she never lets anyone talk when its not even their fault for something they were accused of. My son's best friend almost got expelled because of the principal. She never listened to what he had to say. I just hope that the principal resigns from this school.

Millbrook Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2014
If you got here thru home search the information shown there is not updated. ratio is about 24 to 1 on lower grades and about 33-36 to 1 for 4th grade and up. There are several combo classes. Zillow's extra curricular activities listed are NOT correct. There is NO mandarin or spanish. There is no yoga, softball, soccer, football, bicycling, tennis (unless you consider a few teams who use the park for practice after school- but that has NO relationship with the school). There is NO computer arts, drawing-painting is a after school program offered some times(available at extra cost ), there is no film production or theatre drama. Principal's orders students are NOT ALLOWED to play soccer, football or basketball during recess so the boys are bored.The principal also does not believe in the 6th grade kids being promoted to middle school so all they do is a "clap off" which mean the kids walk around the school while the other kids clap for them- it lasts about 3-4 minutes. Parents have asked many times but that is denied by the principal and the district says they have no control on what the principal decides. This school could improve if leadership cared about what the parents think.

Posted November 10, 2013
This is a wonderful school! My older son used to go to this school, aand my younger one goes to this school currently. All the teachers are helpful, and especially the principal, Ms. Welch. My child was in a mess regarding his grades, and his teachers helped him out. I am really thankful to all of the teachers. Here is something you should know: In sixth grade, there is a program in Millbrook called Leaders for Success. It helps you be more organized and prepares you for college! But here is one thing I don't like about Millbrook: the noon duties. They are mean and always ask people why they eat this food, it is not good for them, and they always barge into people's business. But, overall, this is a wonderful school.

Posted August 26, 2013
My school has good PTA activities. The principal is really good and encourages good behavior and discipline.

Posted October 22, 2012
The school is improving every year.Teachers are great and motivating. My both kids are going there.

Posted August 13, 2012
I have two boys both attended Millbrook school my elder one has already graduated from this school and younger one is attending fifth grade they both love this school and so I do. Staff is great, teachers are amazing, Principal (miss Welch) is the most awesome lady I ever met. She is always there to help children and parents. Overall it is an awesome school. I am a proud parent of two Millbrook students.

Posted February 15, 2012
My son is in sixth grade and other son is in third grade. They help my sons alot in this school. Its excellent that the teacher are so concern about what happens to the student. They help my son so much that its help me

Millbrook Elementary School
3200 Millbrook Drive, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified Millbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millbrook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top