Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My kids goes to the norwood creek and I moved from cupertino and was really reluctant to send them to public school but after couple of years I am satisfied with the progress of my kids and school staff/principal is taking all necessary measure to make it one of the best school in the district.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As mentioned, Project Cornerstone teaches these things and teachers model them in class. Weekly all-school assemblies promote this as well.

I don't like my teacher nor my principal. She has ruined Norwood Creek for me. We don't have many field trips. Last yea r we only had one real field trip for my grade. It is sad really. My princinpal has really ruined lunch for me. She took 10 minutes away from our lunch since she came here. She does not give us the optiton of either sitting in the cafeteria or outside resulting to my class usually going out almost last. I hate this school I just want to hurry up and leave. Plus she let my last year teacher get to choose her students and one was me now she has ruined sixth grade for me. I truly am sad. Also we have this day called field day. That is when we have field games on hot days so you would think we would have water games but the principal banded the water games because the little kids were too cold. Truly they can take it I could take it when I was little. And I loved the water games not until that principal banded it! I am furious!

I have a son and daughter returning as 4th and 5th graders who absolutely love this school. Starting with the Principal who always takes the time to interact with the children, and parents alike. The teachers are wonderful, and very caring. Although, I noticed unfavorable review's regarding the office staff, I thought the reader's might like to know there have been 'changes' made to the office staff at Norwood Creek. This truly is a great school.

Me and my kids are very happy with the school progress. It keeps getting better and better!

My child went here from K - 6 and the teachers are great! However, the office staff is horrble. They are rude and inconsiderate. My child forgot her lunch at home once and I took it to the front office for her only to find out later that they never gave it to her. The next day I went in to ask them why she never got her lunch and they blamed my child! They said she never came up to get it, but they never called her classroom either! i asked to speak to the principal and was told she was busy. My husband and I were able to speak to the principal the day after and she completely defended the front staff. Saying my child is old enough to know to check the front office on her own if she forgot her lunch. My other children are not going to this school!

It's a start of a new year and I'm very happy that things are off to a new start. My children have been going to this school since they are in kindergarden (they are now 4th and 5th grade) and I have been very happy with the way this school is running. First, I really commend the principal and her interaction with parents, students, and teachers. She is always visible on campus and she visits each classroom during the day to see how things are. She is also very approachable with problems or concerns and she follows through. The teachers are excellent. They are all hard workers and really shows concern for their students. I enjoy being a parent volunteer at this school.

My child is in the 1st grade and 1st grade was a bigger transition for us thank Kindergarten. There wasn't a ton of communication at the start of the year, to let us know the flow of pick up, drop off, for example. But things got better. So far, the teachers my child has had have been good. The kindergarten teacher was amazing: she was very active with them and kept learning for them fun and interesting with lots of movement, song and traditional methods. 1st grade has been a little less creative and much more academic. Keeping with standards is important, but so are creative outlets. I wish the kids were able to move around the class more, rather than wait for recess. I realize I'm probably in the minority when it comes to this. Finally, the new facilities are wonderful! Very lucky to have a new admin. bldg, but the office staff leaves much to be desired in terms of people skills. They are often cold and downright grouchy, to parents and children alike. It doesn't make for a pleasant experience.

This is great school with good teachers.My kid really loves going to the school.

Last modified Norwood Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.