San Jose, CA

Posted May 13, 2014
This elementary school is real special in the way the adults treat all the students and interact in polite ways with parents. My son and I had the chance to take a robotics class after school and we were so impressed with the clean school, the emphasis on college bound concepts for children, and all the wonderful activities for parents going on there. The principal and vice principal are very dedicated. The weekly newsletter is outstanding. I venture to say that the entire school made up of all the teachers is a labor of love for all. I highly recommend this school to any parent who wishes to have their child attend at K.R. Smith. A great deal more positive things can be said about this school if you do a google search on all the events and wonderful efforts of community involvement. The school is an oasis of quality learning for all. By the way, the 6th grade teacher who teaches robotics is very professional and I looked up to him in the way he presented and spoke to all parents.

Posted February 28, 2011
I am very happy with the school. My son is in 4th grade and the teachers and the entire staff is great in helping my son make the most of his education. Also, they have a great after school program.

Posted January 10, 2010
Personally, I love this school. It goes from K-6 which I like and the Principal actually remembers you, not because your child is bad but because he genuinely wants to know the parents and children.

Posted July 11, 2007

Posted July 11, 2007
Both my kids go here. I have no conplaints about it, the principal and staff are great. The teachers do their best to help the child get ahead.

Posted October 30, 2006
Both of my children have been attending K.R. Smith School since kindergarten, my son is now a 5th grader and my daughter is now a 4th grader. I can honestly say when it comes to academic programs K.R. Smith is on top of it trying to help the students understand what is being taught and not allow them to fall behind. I am involve and an active member of The Home & School Club, I enjoy helping raising money supporting school functions and involving other parents and making them aware of what is going on their kids school to be more aware how they can help. Me as a parent it is important to me to be involve with my children school and teachers as much as possible!

Posted October 31, 2005

Posted August 13, 2004
- a former student

Katherine R. Smith Elementary School
2025 Clarice Drive, San Jose, CA  95122
Last modified Katherine R. Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Katherine R. Smith Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top