Bad
Good

Posted November 14, 2012
The teachers specially are amazing and they all are committed. my child love the school because her teacher motivate her and build her confidence.

Posted May 11, 2012
This is an amazing school with a great staff and a strong and committed principal. I would like to give the SDC and RSP classrooms 10/10. The teachers there are caring and understanding with so much compassion. Visit these classes when you have the chance. My child was in the SDC program and now he is a very independent child who maintains a B average and his social skills have improved. Thank you Dahl! Keep up the terrific work!

Posted April 15, 2011
Everything about this school is amazing i give it 5 stars! Since I was a kid I've loved everything the recess, lunch, and amazing teachers!

Posted January 14, 2010
Very Good School. My 3 boys go here and they love it!

Posted July 21, 2009
This school is going threw a major remodel !! Its about time. The children/staff deserve to have a new facility/ equipments etc. I have also heard that there will be a new principal for the new school year. Hopefully there will be good changes for the new school year.

Captain Jason M. Dahl Elementary School 4

Posted March 21, 2009
I must agree with the last parent. Yes, things have changed. It is not the same as when we went to school. I am glad the principal wants a focus on learning and keeping kids safe. Some parents want to be able to have rules changed just for them. They don't want to sign in or obey traffic laws. I am glad the new leadership is helping our students learn and keeping them safe.

Posted March 21, 2009
Great school. Too bad there are a few bad parents. At a recent PTA meeting one stood up and was mad that Spanish was being used in the meeting even though translators were there for Spanish, English and Vietnamese. How sad...These parents need to realize this is a world where we must all work together.

Captain Jason M. Dahl Elementary School 3

Posted March 19, 2009
As a parent of elementary age children who have attended Dahl the last three years, I have seen the leadership change to a new principal. As far as the principal s attitude goes I have had nothing but positive interactions with her. It seems interesting to me that the other parent reviews are so focused on the parties their kids are not having at school as opposed to the learning they are doing. I figure that I send my children to school in order to LEARN not have a party. I am exceedingly happy with all of the teachers my children have had and really appreciate the hard work they do. I agree with the last post many parents do not recognize the different world students are facing today, a world where they are expected to know more at a younger age.

Posted February 02, 2009
I've read the various parents and need to add my own opinions. First, the school does have field trips and celebrations. My child recently took a wonderful trip to the San Jose Tech museum. As I understand, field trips are organized by teachers. Second, PTA continues to do wonderful things. They had a 'Cafecito with Santa' and it was great. They hold monthly assemblies to recognize students for achievement, leadership and citizenship. As far as Hallowen, I understand the need to focus on academics and help the students learn. I heard the principal offered to let the parents hold Halloween events after school hours, but none of the parents wanted to take the time. I think it is a matter of parents not understanding the different world that students are in today. It is important that the students succeed academically. Parties should be part of the home.

Posted December 11, 2008
Yes I agree this school has been going down hill ever since Ms. Bacoccina the Principal came to Dahl School. Parents/Students dont feel welcome. She is VERY Rude. Ms. Bacoccina took away halloween parade, holiday parties, students cant even bring in a healthy snack to class to share w/ their classmates on their birthday. I am not sure if the principle has Religious beliefs about certin holidays but that should be kept at home. The teachers are great and care alot about the students and most of the teachers agree as well to bring back the holiday parties etc. There is also no field trips for students. Last yr the PTA did a great job organizing alot of functions movie night, panckes w/ santa , etc. they never had that before this year there is a new PTA members and its the middle of Dec and they have not done anything.

3200 Water Street, San Jose, CA  95111-3236
Last modified Captain Jason M. Dahl Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.