San Jose, CA

Posted August 18, 2014
i have now graduated from this school. Trust me, it was the best! If you're new to the school. Kids will quickly greet you, and want to know you. I've had the best 8 years of school ever. The teachers REAALLY help you when you need it. And also help you during hard times when you need the help. This school is a great school. - Student

Stonegate Elementary School 0

Posted September 07, 2009
My daughter graduated here. She's lucky to have hardworking, caring, dedicated, smart teachers. My son, now in 5th gr also had good teachers. Principals' always involved. Ms Akin, previous Principal, had always responded to my email & same w/my son's previous & 5th gr teacher. Although they don't have sch loop, my son's teacher, Ms. Castillo always sent to the parents via email the week's class sched, plans, projects, etc. This is the 1st time we had a teacher who made extra effort to do all these to keep us updated/informed. We really like Stonegate & hope they have 7th & 8th grades there too.

Posted March 05, 2009

Stonegate Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2006

Posted February 27, 2006

Stonegate Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2006
My son has attended Stonegate School since Kindergarten and he is now in the Fifth grade. He has enjoyed all of his teachers and the quality of teachers at this school is excellent in my opinion. They welcome parental involvement and are constantly encouraging it. I really like that they encourage you to attend your child's classroom. My husband has sat in many times in our son's classrooms throughout the years. Stonegate does have an Accelerated Reader type program (perhaps not in all grades)and is one of the top-rated schools in their district. One of the main things we would like to see implemented is an online tracking system that I have seen at other schools, where teachers can post assignments and entertain email communication.

Posted January 10, 2006
Stonegate Elementary school is a great School. The parents are really involved and I truly believe that that is a key to a successful school.

Stonegate Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2005
My son started stonegate in the 3rd grade after moving from campbell elementary school district where he was journal writting everyday, had learned cursive writting and all his multiplication by 2nd grade. He starts 3rd grade and there is no journal writting or writting at all because there are too many students to correct jounals for, they are starting cursive writting and learning multiplication facts. There's too many students to worry about the ones that are ahead. The year ends, a new one starts and I'm hoping he'll start writting a lot more in 4th grade. Well, there's no writting, but the teacher does expect a 10 page science report! My son's star tests dropped to basic after 4th grade was over. Now in 5th grade his having a bit of trouble because his not used to all the work.

Posted June 22, 2005
(I've posted previously) My children will be entering the 5th and 3rd grades, and have attended Stonegate their entire school 'careers.' As parents, we are truly impressed by the teachers at each grade level so far. We found that each teacher has seen the individual needs of our child. Most work very hard (above and beyond normal school hrs.), and wholeheartedly welcome parent involvement and observation in the classroom. The student body and families are from many diverse backgrounds but even if parents speak a language besides English, everyone (moms, dads, grandparents)are there to support school functions, getting involved. The office/admin staff is warm and approachable. A suggestion for improved communication between parents and teachers would be the use of email, which is pretty much non-existent at this time.

Stonegate Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2005
My daughter moved to this school in the 2004-2005 school year from a school in San Jose Unified. I myself attended Stonegate from K-6. Iwas very dissappointed in the overall system at Stonegate. There is no way to keep constant contact with the teachers. The teachers(not all) do not ensure contact with you. There is no consistant expectations. The thing that bothered me the most is that my daughter read better in first grade than she does now being in second grade. Her teacher had never even heard of a program called Accelerated Readers, which is excellent in helping children learn to read. The is no incentive for children to strive to achieve. There isn't even any mandatory levels that students must pass for each grade. Again I am very dissappointed.

Stonegate Elementary School
2605 Gassmann Drive, San Jose, CA  95121
Last modified Stonegate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stonegate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top