557 students|Luther Burbank

Bad
Good

Luther Burbank Elementary School 4

Posted March 13, 2015
I love love this school, the teacher's are one of the best. From regular school to the after school program, the help the students improve in all areas. The principle is always visible at all hours and has a open door policy. I would love to see more hand washing soap, seat covers, and toilet paper in the bathrooms.

Posted July 26, 2014
I love the staff my son started this school last year he came from trace and was bullyed there and didnt feel safe etc he started here at burbank and had issues he was so behind in all work but towards the middle the school with all the hard work and time the staff member helped me with him he goes to school with no problem now i transfered my other kids here

Posted April 01, 2013
This school is horrible. I bet all of the positive reviews are from the faculty. I was a student and I feel like my experience at the school has ruined my life. I was one out of eight non-Hispanic children in the entire school so of course I'd get bullied by the children, but the ridiculous thing is that even the staff would treat me poorly. The principal though it was a huge joke too. They do not treat racism as a problem, but if I started picking on the other children I'd be burnt at the stake. The staff, generally speaking, is more immature than the kids. The one good teacher at this school is Mr. Segura. I'm not sure if he still teaches there, but I hope he doesn't. He's leagues over that joke they call a school.

Posted October 03, 2012
I love Luther Burbank. I've been there since preschool. When you're there it feels like your second family because you get treated like one.Once your child is there they get very smart. I always love going there. It's an amazing school. The teachers are very great and helpful. Don't think about it . Your child will LOVE it there. :D

Posted June 12, 2012
We live around the corner, and our family is a bilingual, multi-ethnic household, but we decided to send our child elsewhere. There is little diversity and the test scores are poor. We called the school to donate items and the person answering phones did not understand English. This is public school, it is inexcusable for the front desk not to be English proficient.

Posted December 09, 2011
My child went to this school. I do not recommend it. The new principal and superintendent are not honest and do not have integrity. There are bulling problems at this school and they are not addressed and resolved appropriately.

Luther Burbank Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2009
The school has been changing a lot from when my high school kids went there. Now my younger child is going to Burbank. I think my child is getting a good education. My child was reading at kinder, and so are a lot of young kids. I like the new field and playground. It is nice. They just hired a new principal and superintendent too. I hope it keeps getting better...

Luther Burbank Elementary School

Posted September 26, 2009
Luther Burbank School has a terrific staff. The teachers are awesome and the support staff is invaluable. The administrators however....But we're working on that. Go Burbank!

Posted September 25, 2009
Luher Burbank is the best school because is beauriful, cares about people's needs. cares about the future of the children. Praise every gain and gives hope to everyone.

Posted September 06, 2008
As a parent I am very happy to have my child in this school. It is a great school for parent participation and for children to learn in. The focus on academic achievement is greatly appreciated. The uniform policy is good for kids and good for parents. We never have to worry about what our child will wear to school. The dedication of the entire staff from administration to the teachers to the classified employees is superb! Thank you.

Luther Burbank Elementary School
4 Wabash Avenue, San Jose, CA  95128-1931
Last modified Luther Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.