Posted January 14, 2014
Amazing school. Good teachers and excellent facilities. My kid really loves this school here. It has a YMCA child care on site too.

Posted October 20, 2013
This is a good school. Nice mix of extracurricular activities. Very good parent involvement with the Home and school club. I wouldn't hesitate donating my money to this school because I see where it goes. Good teachers and the kids love being here. Keep up the good work.

Posted September 30, 2013
Los Paseos is a great school. The parents are very involved and kids are very well-behaved. The teachers really care and are available at any time. The Home and School Club is very active and always comes up with fun and meaningful activities. My son (First Grader) loves everything about this school and has always been super-excited to go. I think that's the best indicator of how great this school is :)

Posted June 20, 2011
I love our little school! Before deciding to send my daughter here, I cried. She was coming from Stratford private school and I didn't think she was going to thrive in public school. Well, she is now entering the 2nd grade and she has learned so much and continues to thrive. The teachers she has had are so good with children and passionate about their jobs. The other wonderful thing about our little school is the parents. There is so much parent involvement and it really makes a huge difference in the environment. There is a lot of fund raising but it is all worth it! Without the fundraisers, we wouldn't have the wonderful music program or the great field trips. Great school, great community, great teachers, great parents, great kids. What more can a parent ask for?

Posted May 23, 2011
We have been at Los Paseos for 3 years now and we have been very impressed and pleased with the school environment, staff and philosophy. Our 2nd grader is in the special ed program and is pulled out daily for RSP. The RSP treacher is fabulous and he feels "lucky" to get to go to her class daily. He also receives OT and ST at the school and has progressed very much. Our youngest is in Kinder and the kinder team is great. She is in a K-1 combo and has never felt left out of any kinder activities and as well had the opportunity to join some of the 1st grade activities. There are a lot of opportunities to help out for a variety of fundraisers and special events. My kids attend the on-site YMCA daycare center and have enjoyed going there. The staff are WONDERFUL and give the children love and support. They help with homework, do fun art and science projects and play games and sports with them. Our experience with Los Paseos has been great and we look forward to our future years there!

Posted May 23, 2011
I have two children that have been attending Los Paseos since Kindergarten, they are now in 6th & 4th grade. My experience has been outstanding. The principal is a strong leader that explifies excellence in education while maintaining a very personal relationship with each of my kids. The teachers have all showed great interest in helping my kids; from adjusting to a new grade to communicating with me about issues as they have come up. They have a wonderful open door policy and I have never had an issue with being heard or understood by any of the staff. The Home & School Club offers many volunteering opportunities and funds most of the great field trips. They also have a GATE program that does many interesting and fun classes. It will be sad when my kids outgrow this school and move on!

Posted January 20, 2011
My son started Kinder in September 2010 and I find that Los Paseos rivals that of private schools, down to the day to day curriculum. I good friend of mine sent their daughters to a private catholic school in Campbell, and as we started to compare classworks/homework for our children, I then realized that Los Paseos has identical school works and activities for their Kinder students....and they are all FREE!!! How great is that!?!?!? My son's Kinder Teacher is wonderful and has such a air of patience about her, my son adores her (That's very rare!!). Our second son is turning 5 soon and we are hoping he will be in her class next year!!! The parents are also very involved in day to day class as well as fundraising, and I love the fact that my son gets snacks daily at school between his breakfast and lunch!!! Los Paseos is great!! Lets continue to increase that API !!!

Posted December 11, 2010
My son started kindergarten this past fall, and I am amazed at the progress he has made in just the last 4 months. He did have to change teachers a little into the school year because they dropped one KG class, but he transitioned fine because all the KG kids had experience with all the KG teachers beforehand. His teacher is amazing and always able to answer any questions/concerns I might have. I wanted to help out with his class, but I have two younger children to take care of, so his teacher gives me work every now and then that I can do at home (cutting, folding, stapling). I am glad the HSC was able to raise enough funds for the Music program because he enjoys that very much. I do feel that there is a lot of fundraising, but I do what I can. The principal is a very nice gentleman and the office staff is friendly. Haven't quite figured out the "crowd" yet; some parents are friendly and talkative, others keep to themselves.

Posted August 11, 2010
My daughter goes to this school and the teachers are great and they have allot of really great kids with extremely active parents... I Love this school!!!

Los Paseos Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Awesome teachers & a great community makes for the most awesome students

Los Paseos Elementary School
121 Avenida Grande, San Jose, CA  95139
Last modified Los Paseos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Paseos Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top