Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 18, 2016
Each teacher is very involved and very close community. My son is in kinder attending Mrs Commons class and she is an AMAZING teacher. The Principal, she is also a blessing to the school and children. Always walking around greeting everyone and so gentle with every child there. I truly adore this school!. Can't day enough...

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 18, 2016
I want to say THANK YOU to Mrs commons. She is an amazing and very compassionate caring individual. You can see it inside and out. We consider ourselves lucky to have had her as our son's kinder teacher.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 18, 2016
My son again, is in kinder and comes home with 2-3 pages of homework only. In which he completes in 20min. We had to purchase a few work books for him to keep his mind going through the remainder of the week. I understand they are just minders however, no is the time to start challenging and prepping them.

Los Paseos Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2015
I really like this school! The kids are mostly nice and they don't bother you like some other schools do. The kids are not racist are mean towards religion. Tons of activities like GATE and after school help with homework. You get to play on websites with the new chromebooks they just got. They also have new emails for sending assignments directly to the teacher. Lots of fun events, and I think if you join this school you would have fun!

Posted January 14, 2014
Amazing school. Good teachers and excellent facilities. My kid really loves this school here. It has a YMCA child care on site too.

Posted October 20, 2013
This is a good school. Nice mix of extracurricular activities. Very good parent involvement with the Home and school club. I wouldn't hesitate donating my money to this school because I see where it goes. Good teachers and the kids love being here. Keep up the good work.

Posted September 30, 2013
Los Paseos is a great school. The parents are very involved and kids are very well-behaved. The teachers really care and are available at any time. The Home and School Club is very active and always comes up with fun and meaningful activities. My son (First Grader) loves everything about this school and has always been super-excited to go. I think that's the best indicator of how great this school is :)

Posted June 20, 2011
I love our little school! Before deciding to send my daughter here, I cried. She was coming from Stratford private school and I didn't think she was going to thrive in public school. Well, she is now entering the 2nd grade and she has learned so much and continues to thrive. The teachers she has had are so good with children and passionate about their jobs. The other wonderful thing about our little school is the parents. There is so much parent involvement and it really makes a huge difference in the environment. There is a lot of fund raising but it is all worth it! Without the fundraisers, we wouldn't have the wonderful music program or the great field trips. Great school, great community, great teachers, great parents, great kids. What more can a parent ask for?

Los Paseos Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2011
We have been at Los Paseos for 3 years now and we have been very impressed and pleased with the school environment, staff and philosophy. Our 2nd grader is in the special ed program and is pulled out daily for RSP. The RSP treacher is fabulous and he feels "lucky" to get to go to her class daily. He also receives OT and ST at the school and has progressed very much. Our youngest is in Kinder and the kinder team is great. She is in a K-1 combo and has never felt left out of any kinder activities and as well had the opportunity to join some of the 1st grade activities. There are a lot of opportunities to help out for a variety of fundraisers and special events. My kids attend the on-site YMCA daycare center and have enjoyed going there. The staff are WONDERFUL and give the children love and support. They help with homework, do fun art and science projects and play games and sports with them. Our experience with Los Paseos has been great and we look forward to our future years there!

Posted May 23, 2011
I have two children that have been attending Los Paseos since Kindergarten, they are now in 6th & 4th grade. My experience has been outstanding. The principal is a strong leader that explifies excellence in education while maintaining a very personal relationship with each of my kids. The teachers have all showed great interest in helping my kids; from adjusting to a new grade to communicating with me about issues as they have come up. They have a wonderful open door policy and I have never had an issue with being heard or understood by any of the staff. The Home & School Club offers many volunteering opportunities and funds most of the great field trips. They also have a GATE program that does many interesting and fun classes. It will be sad when my kids outgrow this school and move on!

121 Avenida Grande, San Jose, CA  95139-1107
Last modified Los Paseos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.