Bad
Good

Posted October 23, 2014
This is a great school. Our daughter has a number of challenges in learning and the staff/team who work with her are amazing. She's doing really well and we couldn't be happier. Every day is still a challenge for her but she's feeling very successful and happy so we're thrilled.

Gussie M. Baker Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2014
This school needs a whole new front office staff. The two secretaries need to be replaced or trained. They are there to serve the public school parents paying their wages. They need an honest to goodness how to talk with parents and kids. Any accidents the kids have at school interfere with these secretaries and principles down time to twiddle their thumbs. Honestly very sorry human beings spchildren have to think twice about before reporting an injury.

Posted May 30, 2014
Best school ever! Our first kid stayed here for 2 years. We like this school a lot! the teachers are great, students are polite, parents are school nice, even neighbors are friendly!

Posted April 28, 2014
This school has great teachers and good learning environment. My daughter has been attending this school for the past 2 years and is very happy with the teachers. The homework assignments are correct for the age and interesting for the child.

Posted October 25, 2013
My son just started Kindergarten, and he enjoys being a Bobcat! The school is well run, and teachers very attentive. My son was having some trouble staying focused and completing his work, so the teacher took the initiative to inform us and work out some strategies together. I'm pleased about the early intervention, and hoping he lives up to the excellent standards of this school. I also like how involved the families are with fundraising and outside activities. A lot of care all around.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is our first year at Baker and my daughter is in Kindergarten. We are very pleased with Mrs. Smith and find her to be kind but also not put up with my daughter's nonsense, which we appreciate and support. Wonderful to see so much parent support and awesome fundraising. We are looking forward to more years as a Bobcat!

Posted October 24, 2013
This is our first year at Baker Elementary. My daughter's teacher, Mrs. Smith is amazing with the children. So far any concerns I have had have been addressed immediately. My only complaint is the class sizes for Kindergarten are 24/1 which seems a bit much but I am glad I can volunteer and help out were I can.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have 2 boys, one is in the 4th grade who has been going to Baker since kindergarten & my other boy is in kindergarten now. All I can say is that the teachers at Baker have been very supportive & have gone out of there way to help my oldest son when he would have trouble with a subject & take the time afterschool to help. The amount of parents that help out at school just should show there appreciation & importance of what Baker School means to them & there children. Thank you Baker for teaching my boys on what they know now & what they will learn later! MF

Posted May 09, 2013
I really like the mix of kids and how nice the kids are. Mrs. D and Mrs.G. Miss Iwamoto is especially nice. And all the other teachers, too! My kid just joined in Miss Iwamoto's class and she dreads the weekend!

Posted October 12, 2012
I have recently transferred my children from a very good private school. I have to say that I was very nervous about the transition. I now believe that I could not have made a better decision. I love Baker and more importantly my children love Baker. The staff has always been so friendly, and the principal is very approachable and always seen around the campus interacting with the kids and smiling. Go Bobcats!!

Gussie M. Baker Elementary School
4845 Bucknall Road, San Jose, CA  95130-2021
Last modified Gussie M. Baker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.