Posted September 13, 2013
It's the first year my daughter is attending to this school and she loves it. I really like the school loop where you can keep track of your kids grades and communicate with the teachers. So far she has only A's and she is doing cross country after school. The staff is super nice and helpful. The teachers seem to give a reasonable amount of homework to the students and my daughter says that they are very good. The most important for me is that my little girl looks forward to go to school every morning and to have good grades, so they must be doing things right.

Moreland Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
It's a great school .The office staff and the teachers are very caring and committed.They have many fun activities for the students throughout the year,also they have fun elective classes .

Posted October 12, 2012
CongratulationS for the 2012 API success! Principle, Great job! Teachers, Great Jobs! Students and parents, keep going! This great school made such great progress in last two or three years! We have checked the details of the school API report, we can see that among the groups score, the Asian is 983, White are 927, it so incredible! As we can see the other large group hispanic and Latin are 752. We are wondering if we can do something about this sub group of students? To ask their parents friends to help them to catch up with the the upper groups? It only took three year come today's 865 from 763 for the whole school. So, Hispanic and Latino students can also make this happen in the next two or three years. please, please just do it, students and parents, teachers and principle!

Posted December 04, 2011
Fantastic school. Great campus, friendly environment, INCREDIBLY dedicated teachers, plenty of extracurriculars and ways to succeed, great academic programs, and overall the best way to prepare for high school.

Posted November 22, 2011
My son graduated from MMS two years back and he had a good experience. The teachers are very dedicated and experienced. There is good discipline, and a strict dress code is enforced. The classes are challenging and there is a lot of homework. Students and parent can sign up for SchoolLoop to receive an email daily regarding weekly homework assignments, upcoming tests and current grades. This really helps students stay on top of assignments and tests, and parents can get a good idea of what their child is studying in class. There are wonderful electives for students to choose from, such as debate and dialogue, and theater arts.

Posted November 02, 2011
I currently have two children enrolled at MMS, in 6th and 8th grade. MMS makes every effort to give each student the opportunity to succeed. Each child is tracked, intervention occurs quickly to head off any problems, and if they show signs of readiness, are moved ahead as quickly as they can handle. This is one of the many reasons they MMS has been recognized nationally. I feel very confident my children will be prepared for whatever High School brings.

Moreland Middle School 1

Posted October 31, 2011
MMS is horrible for special ed students. My son is high-functioning autistic and did well at Payne and Country Lane Elementary. Since he started at MMS he has been ruthlessly bullied by a band of kids who are also in the special ed program. I believe they are there not for learning disabilities but behavioral issues. Despite emails, calls and meetings with school administration, the bulling has continued including verbal abuse, stealing his backpack, pulling his shorts down in PE class, and other incidents. The school seems unwilling to expel these kids. My son is in a math class at the end of the day with these kids where the teacher has no control over them. There is no learning that goes on in the hour and a half long class, since the teacher constantly has to discipline the disruptive students. He informed me that he has reported these kids to the office but the problem still occurs. I am taking my son and moving him to EDS. This school has no support for special ed kids, and in my opinion is a toxic environment for them to be in.

Posted September 17, 2011
Any school can have good kids and not that good kids. I think the API speaks a lot of a school 's overall performance. If you look at the school performance by supgroup statics from this site. You will get more idea of how majority students doing in this school . From the lastest API report , I saw one subgroup have average 960 score. Is it amazing ? Kids can be execellent in moreland middle. My kids told me they love the teachers in moreland. -- Parent

Moreland Middle School 1

Posted January 20, 2011
Clearly some kids can do well at any school, but this school had more negatives than positives for our family. We had to pull our child out half way through his 7th grade year due to teachers that were teaching classes they hadn't taught in 20 years, lack of classroom control and the inability to communicate the expectations for the class. My child always tests in the high 90 percentile after his excellent teaching at our local Country Lane Elementary School, but for some reason was getting Fs, Ds and C's from this school. We met with prinicipal, teachers and emailed back and forth about issues, but just never received any adequate help. We are sad that our tax dollars are no longer really going toward educating our kids. We have 4 kids and had to move each one of them out of the school district into Private school during the middle school years.

Posted January 12, 2011
This school has fantastic, caring teachers and a great campus; the after-school programs and classes are terrific. The atmosphere is friendly and the leadership great. I would recommend this school to everyone in the area.

Moreland Middle School
4600 Student Lane, San Jose, CA  95130
Last modified Moreland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moreland Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top