Easterbrook Discovery 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My school provides great education. The teachers are fully skilled and are nice to students. The students are nice and great during class and recess.

Posted March 19, 2014
Easterbrook Discovery School has a great learning Environment. Teachers support you and makes you feel like you fit in. I don't see any bullying, but this is from my small perspective. The middle school students can also interact with the younger students by doing reading buddies. The teachers support you so so much. It's such a great school!

Posted January 18, 2013
I have 3 children at this school, and EDS is a school we elected through intra-district transfer. I am so glad we did! We have attended this school for 6 years and counting. One of my kids has an autism spectrum disorder and ADHD, and is very intelligent. The teachers here have done an excellent job of both differentiating curriculum to keep this bright child challenged, and supporting weaknesses through various accommodations. The multi-age classroom format (each child has the same teacher for two years) has allowed the teachers to really understand the kids and figure out what is needed for growth -- and then do it, instead of needing to hand it off to the next grade teacher. The principal is excellent, and all the staff is genuinely caring and committed to helping every child be successful. I can't rave enough about EDS!

Posted December 06, 2012
My kids love EDS and most importantly, they have developed a love a learning while at this school. I have a 1st grader and a 4th grader. My 1st grader enthusiastically goes to school every day, always coming home saying that her day was "fabulous." They work on large themes, such as the ocean or the rain forest, and she has been able to tell me all sorts of interesting facts about the animals and the ecosystems. My son also loves school. He was able to start playing cello, and receives weekly lessons free of charge at school. The program is dynamic and interesting for the kids, while it teaches higher level thinking, writing and communication skills. While the kids do take tests, it's not oriented to the test, which I think is very important and why I wouldn't want my kids to go to Cupertino, no matter how high their API's are compared to EDS's. One other thing that is unique about EDS is that the teachers work extremely well together, collaborating and helping each other. This is readily apparent. The principal is extremely well-loved and respected by parents, teachers, and staff alike. It definitely shows!

Posted November 17, 2012
My children are very happy at EDS. The environment is friendly and caring. Children enjoy learning.

Easterbrook Discovery 4

Posted September 12, 2011
EDS is a great school with an excellent principal and assistant principal, dedicated teachers, and a philosophy of education that is hard to find these days. The school teaches to the whole child and values art, music, PE, and field trips. The school works hard to build a sense of community and hosts many educational and fun family events throughout the year. The thing that I most like about the program is the parent participation in the classroom. Many studies have found that this allows for better differential learning and alleviates pressures that our schools are faced with in the light of budget cuts and increased class sizes. In addition, I get to see how my child is performing in school and address things before they become a problem. I also get to know the other kids and teachers in the school in a way that would be impossible if I weren't involved in that way. My only complaint would be that more parents aren't involved because participation isn't mandatory.

Posted September 08, 2011
Please send your student to this school if you are looking for an elementary school or a middle school for your child. I'm an 8th grader and I have been going to this school for 8 years. I started going here from kindergarten and progressed up onto the 7th grade, by the way, this is a joint middle and elementary school. in 8th grade, i moved to fremont not by choice, but well, my family couldnt afford a cheap place here. Fremont schools are horrible. I have attended Thornton Junior High for 2 weeks now and I hate it. It lacks teacher support, and all the staff are there for the job, not to help the students. Easterbrook Discovery School is the right school for your child. I repeat, it is the right school for your child. Do not even think about sending your middle school child to Thornton. Don't move there. Easterbrook Discovery School has the support, caring teachers and staff, that Thornton does not. I love everyone there. The kids and staff were all friendly to me while i was there for my 8 years. it would have been 9 if i hadn't moved. i still hope i can move back before i move on to high school. Easterbrook Discovery For Life! BELIEVE IT! I loved it here, I'm sure you will.

Posted April 16, 2011
My daughter is in the 4th grade and absolutely loves this school. I couldn't ask for any better! She is thriving and happy and the variety they offer the kids is unsurpassed. Great School!

Posted March 22, 2011
Great program! Excellent caring teachers. Pricncipal is very involved, alot of parent participation opportunites. K-8 program, stability for the children, many school activities and group gatherings like School Sing! Best school around!!!!!!

Posted March 22, 2011
Great school all around. Very involved teachers, staff, students and parents. The fact that is a K through 8 is great too - it all works seemlessly.

Easterbrook Discovery
4835 Doyle Road, San Jose, CA  95129
Last modified Easterbrook Discovery is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Easterbrook Discovery Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top