San Jose, CA

Posted September 13, 2014
August Boeger Middle School has new leadership, Principal Mia Cruz and Student Advisor Andrew Donati are new administrators at AB. The staff at ABMS are working with national known consultant Edwin Javius to improve equity for students and their educational focus. AB offers AVID, Leadership, Art, Band, Honors Classes, Sports, and Clubs. AB works with the Silcon Valley Education Foundation supports AB as they implement Common Core Math, accelerated Math and Elevate. The school has a computer lab, think client carts, chromebook cart, laptop cart and i-pad carts. Please give a call and come to visit AB!

Posted March 12, 2014
I was nervous about coming here in 6th grade because i had heard many bad things about boeger but im now in 8th grade and i have made so many great friends. The teachers are awesome and they help us when we need it. Most of the time they stay in the classrooms during brunch so that if we need help, we can go ask them for it. Its true that there are a handful of students that refuse to pay attention and cause trouble but every school has that. I honestly think its a good school but thats just my opinion. Parents please don't judge the school unless you actually know what happens on campus. The events held there are all formed by the leadership class that is in fact run by students and they always meet their deadlines without flaws. The school isn't as bad as people make it out to be. We have yard duties always around the campus checking on the students and keeping us out of trouble. Sincerely, a current august boeger 8th grade student

Posted June 09, 2013
You may hear many bad rumors and such about this school, such as high gang activity, sex, drugs, bullying. Hardly any of this is true. Almost everyone at this school is very nice. I was very nervous on my first day of 6th grade, and now I'm in 8th grade and I absolutely do not want to leave. Of course there will be the students that get involved with the wrong type of thing. but what kind of public school doesn't have that? That is a choice made on the students' part, no teachers are encouraging any students to do this. Overall, I like Boeger more than I expected to. All the teachers I've had are great, and they have helped prepare me for high school. Sincerely, a student.

August Boeger Middle School 1

Posted April 12, 2013
The principal is not connected. Each time I have seen her she seems disappointed she has to be there. The VP is awesome!!! Students are not disciplined and it is the norm to hear students cussing and yelling out inappropriate comments across campus. The teachers are awesome. I am not sure why the stay. No consequences for inappropriate behavior.

Posted July 04, 2012
Many of the things the people may say seems true, but it is not. Would you like to know why? Well my experience at August Boeger was not as terrible as most people would think. Students were really nice if you got to know them, staff was hard at work outside the classroom and of course inside as well. The leadership class there works hard because they make the dances, do anti-bully weeks, do the lunch time activities, and put on a carnival at the end of the year! That class is run by the students and they get things done on time and without a flaw. The teachers make sure the students are disciplined and ready to learn. The school always has yard duties to patrol the school to make sure the students are following directions, and if not they either get detention or get sent to the office. Some of the academic programs we have are rocket club, science bowl, and some others, in which the school takes pride in for doing so well in it. We have many after school sports programs like cross country, volleyball, basketball, track and field etc. August Boeger always get really far in these sports, this year cross country got second, boys basketball made it to the playoffs.This isagreatschool.

August Boeger Middle School 1

Posted March 09, 2012
This school, sadly, needs an entire administrative overhaul. It appears that the staff has their head in the sand to the realities of the school- gangs, drugs, sex, violence, etc. For a school on the East Side of San Jose, the discipline is sad and negligible to say the least. Many of the students are apathetic to learning and just do as they feel on campus knowing the lack of consequences and follow through. Teachers are burnt out trying to manage problem behaviors with minimal support, thus the instruction is suffering. If you have a student who truly wants to learn, you should consider an alternative placement. I fear for my son's well-being at school and lack of knowledge and competence of staff to handle it. The state should really take a good hard look at this school.

August Boeger Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2012
Maybe you should hear this from an actual student, not just a parent, since we're the people that spend all day on the campus. I picked three stars, because they focus on stopping bullying, which I think is good for alot of kids, unlike LeyVa, with a bunch of people snapping at you., but at the same time, I think teachers should take out their time and help other kids after school and give the kids who misbehave more than just warnings. But, overall, I love it. :)

August Boeger Middle School 2

Posted April 17, 2011
This school is definitely below average and needs to be re-organized. There are too many students (almost 1,000 total in 6th, 7th and 8th grade). The school should be broken up into two schools....one with the students that want to learn and one with the students that don't care who need to be motivated. It is not fair that the students that want to learn have to suffer and be bullied by the ones who don't care to be in school. This school is barely tolerable, but has some very good and caring teachers who can only do so much under the circumstances.

August Boeger Middle School 0

Posted October 14, 2010
August Boeger Middle School, is a better school than my son's last middle school. The teachers actually care for the students and stay after school and in on recess to help the children out. Their education system is right target!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 14, 2010
Reading the March 24th 2010 posting that refers to some of the teachers at August Boeger as not qualified "Dog Catchers" makes me feel nothing but disgust for the venom that is being spewed by that parent. A parent that says any positive reviews regarding this school must be "bogus" yet asks us to believe their obviously biased point of view. - Does the school need to improve? Yes of course, as all schools do. Does this school deserve this mean spirited review? No, I see so much effort being put forth by many parents and staff with hope in their hearts not hate.

August Boeger Middle School
1944 Flint Avenue, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified August Boeger Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
August Boeger Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top