Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

The teachers do care for the students, so they make sure they develop some good cognitive skills

The teachers are the only reason this school isn't getting one star is because the teachers were good. BUT the way they treat the kids at the school is a complete joke! They used to treat us like 1st graders! They had to assign kids to sit at a certain table at lunch time because we were "too loud". To top it off the students I went with used to smoke vapor pens in class! The kids always used to talk about smoking weed and being in gangs. All of this happened in my 2013-2014 school year so things better change soon.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I work at Ida Jew academies an although things are not perfect, I am hopeful we can have changes that will support our teachers. This is a great school. teachers are a dedicated bunch that truly have the best interest of not only the students but also the community. We always work hard & collaborate to give give each child a great learning experience. I love the students at Ida Jew Academies as well as the families. This coming year I am so optimistic that we will have an even more positive growth & establish a great school culture where everyone is eager to be at. You will not be disappointed with the learning environment!! (:

My son has been attending Ida Jew Academies for the last 2 years (6th and 7th grade) and it has been a wonderful experience for him thus far. His teachers have been EXCELLENT and absolutely the best that anyone could ask for. He is very excited to attend school everyday and looks forward to being part of the Music program. He has also participated in the STEM program & the Tech Challenge which have allowed him to gain an incredible amount of knowledge in the area of Engineering at a very young age. Overall, I am proud that my son was given the opportunity to attend Ida Jew, and I hope that this school continues to strive for excellence both in its students and in the teachers that it chooses to employ.

I could not be happier with my decision to send my son to this school. What immediately attracted me to the school was the friendliness of the staff. On a curriculum level I love that he is exposed to all different paths of learning: science, math, Spanish, and their music program. We have attended 2 of his musical and dance performances and both were highly entertaining. I am so excited to be a part of this journey at such a great school.

My son attends Ida Jew and I could not ask for a better school. I am amazed with how much he has learned in the past two years. He is in the STEM program and I love that he is getting familiar with technology early. The school works very hard to get the parents involved which is very helpful.

Ida jew has a new principle. I love how more active she is with everyone from students to the staff..they have this new thing in the office where they practice positive thinking. .. (I saw those little buckets ) recently received a email remind parents not to let their child bring hot chetoos and takis..I been against it all along and get disappointed when I see kids eating a party size. Fundraisers are awesome and different than a typical school with the prize being super awesome. . It brings me joy to listen to my son come home from school with notes from administers giving praises for seeing being good.. (puma points ) I think what that it..I have some sad experiences about my son's teacher but there's always room for improvement. .I think she's burned out. Which can get in the way of appropriately disciplining some kids. But yet again it's difficult to offer suggestions when the school is limited as in space..fingers cross they get a chance to expand..

This school is great and has so many extras you don't find in many public schools these days, plus a dual immersion program. The teachers and staff are very receptive to children's needs and listen to parents' input.

We have a new Principal that really wants feedback and for us parents to be involved with school decisions. She speaks Spanish fluently and previously our technology teacher so I believe she as a Principal will be a great our Academies of ALAS (dual immersion) and our STEM academy. I have hopes that together, parents and staff our children will get a great education and a big bright future.

I feel our school needs this grant to put a flag pole with a flag in front our school.. I also think this grant would be good to help fund the bus for our school filed trips... I also think it would be great to help buy school supplies and help fix our lamenting machine that cost over 2k to fix

Last modified Ida Jew Academies is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.