Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted May 18, 2014
My son has been attending Ida Jew Academies for the last 2 years (6th and 7th grade) and it has been a wonderful experience for him thus far. His teachers have been EXCELLENT and absolutely the best that anyone could ask for. He is very excited to attend school everyday and looks forward to being part of the Music program. He has also participated in the STEM program & the Tech Challenge which have allowed him to gain an incredible amount of knowledge in the area of Engineering at a very young age. Overall, I am proud that my son was given the opportunity to attend Ida Jew, and I hope that this school continues to strive for excellence both in its students and in the teachers that it chooses to employ.

Posted April 16, 2014
I could not be happier with my decision to send my son to this school. What immediately attracted me to the school was the friendliness of the staff. On a curriculum level I love that he is exposed to all different paths of learning: science, math, Spanish, and their music program. We have attended 2 of his musical and dance performances and both were highly entertaining. I am so excited to be a part of this journey at such a great school.

Ida Jew Academies 4

Posted April 08, 2014
My son attends Ida Jew and I could not ask for a better school. I am amazed with how much he has learned in the past two years. He is in the STEM program and I love that he is getting familiar with technology early. The school works very hard to get the parents involved which is very helpful.

Ida Jew Academies 3

Posted April 07, 2014
Ida jew has a new principle. I love how more active she is with everyone from students to the staff..they have this new thing in the office where they practice positive thinking. .. (I saw those little buckets ) recently received a email remind parents not to let their child bring hot chetoos and takis..I been against it all along and get disappointed when I see kids eating a party size. Fundraisers are awesome and different than a typical school with the prize being super awesome. . It brings me joy to listen to my son come home from school with notes from administers giving praises for seeing being good.. (puma points ) I think what that it..I have some sad experiences about my son's teacher but there's always room for improvement. .I think she's burned out. Which can get in the way of appropriately disciplining some kids. But yet again it's difficult to offer suggestions when the school is limited as in space..fingers cross they get a chance to expand..

Ida Jew Academies 4

Posted April 07, 2014
This school is great and has so many extras you don't find in many public schools these days, plus a dual immersion program. The teachers and staff are very receptive to children's needs and listen to parents' input.

Posted April 02, 2014
We have a new Principal that really wants feedback and for us parents to be involved with school decisions. She speaks Spanish fluently and previously our technology teacher so I believe she as a Principal will be a great our Academies of ALAS (dual immersion) and our STEM academy. I have hopes that together, parents and staff our children will get a great education and a big bright future.

Posted October 11, 2013
I feel our school needs this grant to put a flag pole with a flag in front our school.. I also think this grant would be good to help fund the bus for our school filed trips... I also think it would be great to help buy school supplies and help fix our lamenting machine that cost over 2k to fix

Posted October 09, 2013
As the Principal of Ida Jew Academies I could not agree more with the parents. The heart of IJA is the teachers, they are what make the school so successful. We are also fortunate to have such active parents. As the site administrator I try to be objective and not have favorites with teachers, students or parents. As a part time Principal sometimes I may be abrupt, but I do not mean to be rude. When I am as a PeaceBuilder I do right my wrong. I also agree that we need a bigger parking lot--hopefully we will get on this year. Sharing a space makes it challenging--but again it is the teachers, parents and of course the students that make IJA such a fantastic school! Enrollment for the 2014-15 school year will begin on February 3rd.

Posted August 28, 2013
My school is Ida Jew Academies. I love my childrens Elementary School! The teachers and staff are 100% commited to their children!

Posted August 28, 2013
The teachers and administration are great. My kids are in a bilingual program and they are doing well. I am able to communicate with the teachers with questions or concerns. Overall I am happy that they are in this school. The only thing I wish is that the parking lot was larger.

Ida Jew Academies
1966 Flint Avenue, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified Ida Jew Academies is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ida Jew Academies Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top