Bad
Good

Mount Pleasant Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2012
My daughter is going on her second year at this school and in my opinion i feel she is being thrown aside cause she is an english only student and this particular school prides itself on helping english learning students. This school has poor morale and in my opinion a huge problem with lice. The principal will listen to what you have to say but his answer to everyone's problems and concerns or suggestions on how to bring this school back are those of a person referred to as a yes man that does nothing about it. The staff here are just glad to have a job and could care less about everything else or how well the kids are doing eventhough they say they dont. A couple of staff members i would like to say thanks to for going above and beyond in making my daughter feel welcome and making sure she is thriving but more needs to be done.

Mount Pleasant Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
I have a big problem with this schools health screening program. The attitude of every member within the office is that we cant expect every parent to follow the same proceedures. What are they teaching the kids here, to be sub standard. My children have gotten sick, and have been mistreated so many times here, I fear for their health and development. We will not be attending this school for very much longer. Besides from the overall management of the school, most teachers I have encountered go above and beyond their expectations and I thank you. Sure funding has its impact and sure the government is spending in the wrong places but it comes down to each individual member to do their part

Posted April 26, 2012
We have been here for three years, each year overall school test scores have increased. My children are advancing and making great strides. The principal, Mr. Gonzalez, works hard to keep students motivated, parents involved and engaged and most importantly shows the students they are on the path to university!

Mount Pleasant Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2011
My son, that is in the 3rd grade, has been making great improovements with his teacher . He is great in reading and math thanks to the big support from his teacher . My son has become a leader in his class. We need teachers like him; strict but nice.

Posted May 15, 2009
My son just told me that Mr. Shiba is retiring. Very sad. He's a good one. Hw, Mrs. Cruz, and Mr. Lam have helped my son for three years, and he raves about them. He enjoys reading now. The reading program helped me and him stay organized. We actually visit the library for fun now. Thx.

Posted October 07, 2006
My daughter is an intro-district student.I am so happy she attends this school the teachers are great, thank you mrs silva, ms huntzinger, mrs cruz your great!the reading program is excellent!(mrs.Moorhead thank you.)Mr sheba your the best .

Posted March 18, 2004
A big thank you to the Principal and to Mrs. Cruz, my son is doing great and progressing day by day. He's reading, doing math, progressing in everything and in every way, doing science projects. This school also has a wonderful after school program that makes my son happy, because he gets to play and learn on hands projects with all the children. The helpers there are wonderful. Mr. Lam is doing a great job.

Mount Pleasant Elementary School
14275 Candler Drive, San Jose, CA  95127-4157
Last modified Mount Pleasant Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mount Pleasant Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top