San Jose, CA

Posted September 29, 2012
Valle Vista is great school. I'm glad i enrolled my daughter here. It's really quality education. She was molded right from the start. Thanks to her wonderful Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Cohen. Everyday my daughter is excited to go to school and doesn't want to miss it. That's why she got the Perfect Attendance award in all 3 semesters plus the All Year Perfect Attendance Award. Now that she's in grade 1, she's aiming to have them again. Also get more academic awards like what she got in kinder. The best about this school also is that kids level of learning are based on their abilities. So they are not in the same level. Like my daughter whose in advance stage of learning. They don't get tied up and get bored in what they are doing. It's a great challenge and opportunity for them to learn things in advance based on their capabilities. PTA is also great and doing their best to make this school a better place for all the students with the great support of the principal and the teachers as well. Keep it up Valle Vista!

Posted September 03, 2012
I am very happy with this school. My children look forward to coming to school everyday. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The school offers extended kindergarten and an after-school program for working parents. The school also has a P.E. teacher for all grade levels, and music on Wednesdays after school for grades 1-6, taught by Maestro Darrell. The PTA is great and hosts DEAR nights, spaghetti dinners, movie nights, Zumba classes, clean-up days, etc. The school also has a nice computer lab and an organized library where students can easily find books in their reading levels. The campus is beautiful, with 2 playgrounds, 2 blacktops, and 2 baseball fields. It truly is a great school!

Posted April 17, 2011
My children have been going to this school since kinder. I have one that this is his last year which makes me sad because I hope that i cont.. to have the great communication with teachers that I have at this school. The good thing is that they aren't getting rid of us just yet as I have another one going into 3rd and another to 1st. Not to forget to mention that they have great PTA!!!

Valle Vista Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2010
I have a son in the 4th grade and, overall, I feel that the school is wonderful. I see that there are many good teachers and parents who care about their children's education. However, there are also a handful of children (as in any school) who don't pay attention and tend to be bullies. The principal does a great job of dealing with these types of issues if she is notified, but she cannot address what she does not know. No matter what school your children attend, it is important to talk to them daily and find out what is going on at school when you are not there. This is the only way you will know about what things to address as a parent. Otherwise, the school is better than most in the district, which can be seen in its strong API score.

Posted May 21, 2009
If this is such a great school, why are there only 3 reviews? As schools go on the east side, I guess it's one of the best. But that's not saying much. As a volunteer, I'm saddened by how much the teachers try, and the parents barely care. The principal this year is also lukewarm in her attention. K-1 are great here, but as my son is going into 3rd grade, there are too many kids around him that get no attention at home. So, they fight, they talk about R-rated movies, and being cool is already equal to being surly.

Posted May 21, 2009
Valle Vista Rocks, just down the street the school is not as GREAT.. It really takes everyone to make a successful school and I am not impressed by the principal.. Lukewarm is putting it nicely. The PTA seems great and there is so much involement from the teachers, its amazing!!!

Posted October 02, 2008
This is a great school, people always think the eastside is bad..But take a look at our kids!! Great job Vikings

Valle Vista Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2007
Valle Vista is an awesome School. Our school district may be small but a great number of parents take the time to volunteer,and most of all participate with all of the activities and programs the school has to offer. Our own school superintendent has commented what a tight knit group we are here at Valle Vista. The PTA and parents are organized,committed,and extremely effective. Our school Principal knows all the kids by name. The staff is very helpful. Valle Vista is a well rounded learning institution.

Posted June 22, 2005
Valle Vista is a great school. They offer a lot of extracuricular activities such as music, karate, and mad science to name a few. My daughter has had art the 4 years she has been at Valle Vista and in California it's unheard in some districts. After sitting on the side line for 2 years I got involved with PTA and help raise money for the school. This year I saw an increase in parent participation which is always a good sign. PTA sponsors 3 fund raisers a year and through those sales PTA has been able to buy computer programs/licesens, and needed classroom furniture. PTA also helps sponsor D.E.A.R. nights (drop everything and read nights) where the kids come to school in their pj's and get read to and they get free books. I am really glad my daughter has a great experience at Valley Vista Magnet School.

2400 Flint Avenue, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified Valle Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valle Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top