Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted September 28, 2015
This School keeps getting better every year. Excellent caring teachers. Amazing yard dutys who are actually nice and watch over the safety of our children. Mrs. Yvonne Campbell Home and School Club president is an Angel to this school. She is there everyday volunteering and making our school better. Over all its A Great School

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted September 28, 2015
Yvonne Campbell Home And School Club President. She is there every day helping everyone. Thank You for making our school Great !

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2015
Alex Anderson does have some great teachers that dedicate themselves to their students and I am grateful my children were giving some great teachers. Not the best setup of a school I've ever seen, but what can you do its older. Sadly I have had issues with what I think is a glorified babysitter of some students. I have never seen someone working at a school act so childish by pointing her finger and saying I am sure disrespectful things about me for no reason and the looks I got wow if looks could kill. Mind you I never even met her. In 2012 my child was verbally harassed by a child's grandparent and I didn't even hear about it till I picked my child up from school from him. Nor the teacher or anyone else informed me, I was livid. The principle did not call me or would even give me the time of day to let me know it was taken care of. Same son was signed up to talk to a therapist (I as a mom was worried about his attitude affecting his learning and distract other kids. Family changes can bother kids in a different way.) Come to find out she wasn't even a certified therapist, she ended up causing way more hard them good, it was terrible. When my husband called to talk to the principle she again was unable to and when she was able to talk to him she had no real idea about the therapies. Other then the few teachers I did happen to meet, I disliked this school so much from the very beginning. I am fighting tooth and nail to get them into a better school, so far at least they are transferred out of that awful place.

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2015
This school has very good teachers but very rude and creul students. My 11 year old goes here and she feels bullied. BARK had helped her but some students tell her she is a liar and fake. I would recommend this school to have better punishments.

Posted February 01, 2015
My kinder student went to Alex Anderson she repeated kindergarden there. Now she goes to George Miner for kinder again. She is doing much better here. She tells me that she feels better and comfortable with teacher and school environment. Now she loves to be at school. As a parent I feel comfortable and happy that my daughter likes to go to school and be there to learning well.

Posted September 25, 2013
They promote and reward students for positive behavior such as being safe, academic , respectful and kind, which they refer to as B.A.R.K. which ties into their school mantra. The principal is very interactive with the children and the staff is awesome

Posted September 25, 2013
Alex Anderson Elementary School is an awesome school. From the first day of school the staff, principal and Home and School Club are warm and welcoming. I love the fact that they focus on positive behavior while helping the kids show school pride with what they call B.A.R.K. (Be safe, Academic, Respectful and Kind ). The staff and faculty are constantly looking for this behavior and reinforcing it by handing out B.A.R.K. slips when they see it. The students then in turn in their BARK slips to their classroom dog houses. This is where the teachers then pull out 2 class winners weekly and/or daily classroom prize winners. It is refreshing to see the behavior on the positive versus focusing on the negative. The Home and School Club goes out of their way to make sure every parent and student feels welcomed and appreciated. If Anderson were to win this, I would love to see a big push on technology, we are in great need of a computer lab to help our kids keep up with the community in Silicon Valley.

Posted September 23, 2013
Anderson has a Great Home & School Club that continues to support teachers and students making sure they have school supplies of all kind, bringing updated books and encyclopedias to the library, sports equipment, field trip funds, and technology along with new copiers for staff. We are hoping to increase technology for all kids. Our teachers and staff are just awesome. We need parents involved in their kids lives to increase their ability.

Posted September 23, 2013
I am giving Alex Anderson Elementary School a four start rating. This isn't because their test scores are exemplary, but because the faculty and staff and it's supporters are. They are located in a tough community. There is very little parental commitment and support. This is not due to lack of want, but social and economic challenges. The Alex Anderson staff does dynamic things and accomplishes a great deal with what little they receive. The Home and School Connection (their PTA) work endless hours to improve the life of these children and support the faculty and administration. I am no longer at Anderson, but I feel this school and it's supporters deserve a huge shot in the arm and a little recognition. That is why I am choosing to nominate Alex Anderson Elementary School and ring a loud bell in their honor, instead of my child's current school. Thank you for the opportunity to speak out on their behalf!

Posted August 24, 2013
Anderson is a hidden Jem. The staff is amazing . The teachers are caring and didicated . I am so blessed to have such a great school in my neighborhood.

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School
5800 Calpine Drive, San Jose, CA  95123-3705
Last modified Anderson (Alex) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.