San Jose, CA

Posted June 12, 2015
A hidden jem Excellent Hard working teachers and staff. My children are happy and have learned so much.

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2015
This school has very good teachers but very rude and creul students. My 11 year old goes here and she feels bullied. BARK had helped her but some students tell her she is a liar and fake. I would recommend this school to have better punishments.

Posted February 01, 2015
My kinder student went to Alex Anderson she repeated kindergarden there. Now she goes to George Miner for kinder again. She is doing much better here. She tells me that she feels better and comfortable with teacher and school environment. Now she loves to be at school. As a parent I feel comfortable and happy that my daughter likes to go to school and be there to learning well.

Posted September 25, 2013
They promote and reward students for positive behavior such as being safe, academic , respectful and kind, which they refer to as B.A.R.K. which ties into their school mantra. The principal is very interactive with the children and the staff is awesome

Posted September 25, 2013
Alex Anderson Elementary School is an awesome school. From the first day of school the staff, principal and Home and School Club are warm and welcoming. I love the fact that they focus on positive behavior while helping the kids show school pride with what they call B.A.R.K. (Be safe, Academic, Respectful and Kind ). The staff and faculty are constantly looking for this behavior and reinforcing it by handing out B.A.R.K. slips when they see it. The students then in turn in their BARK slips to their classroom dog houses. This is where the teachers then pull out 2 class winners weekly and/or daily classroom prize winners. It is refreshing to see the behavior on the positive versus focusing on the negative. The Home and School Club goes out of their way to make sure every parent and student feels welcomed and appreciated. If Anderson were to win this, I would love to see a big push on technology, we are in great need of a computer lab to help our kids keep up with the community in Silicon Valley.

Posted September 23, 2013
Anderson has a Great Home & School Club that continues to support teachers and students making sure they have school supplies of all kind, bringing updated books and encyclopedias to the library, sports equipment, field trip funds, and technology along with new copiers for staff. We are hoping to increase technology for all kids. Our teachers and staff are just awesome. We need parents involved in their kids lives to increase their ability.

Posted September 23, 2013
I am giving Alex Anderson Elementary School a four start rating. This isn't because their test scores are exemplary, but because the faculty and staff and it's supporters are. They are located in a tough community. There is very little parental commitment and support. This is not due to lack of want, but social and economic challenges. The Alex Anderson staff does dynamic things and accomplishes a great deal with what little they receive. The Home and School Connection (their PTA) work endless hours to improve the life of these children and support the faculty and administration. I am no longer at Anderson, but I feel this school and it's supporters deserve a huge shot in the arm and a little recognition. That is why I am choosing to nominate Alex Anderson Elementary School and ring a loud bell in their honor, instead of my child's current school. Thank you for the opportunity to speak out on their behalf!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 24, 2013
Anderson is a hidden Jem. The staff is amazing . The teachers are caring and didicated . I am so blessed to have such a great school in my neighborhood.

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2013
My family has gone to alex anderson school since 1978, I have never seen such bullying in my life. Where are teachers aides at lunch my grandson got held by a 2nd grader while other kids kicked and slugged him,, I find this inexplicable..How dare this school disregard my grandson's safety ..All they care about is if hes there or not but when hes there they don't even know where he is at. Not to mention my grandson was playing and stepped on a hyperdermic needle....did they care,,,NO! If you ask me this school is not a good school any longer....If you think I'm wrong let the shoe be on the other foot then come back to me,,because soon it well be at the rate its going...Its all down hill

Posted September 20, 2010
Anderson is a very nurturing school, The entire staff have one thing in common, the children are their first priority. The principal is by far the best principal I have come in contact with. Overall GREAT SCHOOL!!

Anderson (Alex) Elementary School
5800 Calpine Drive, San Jose, CA  95123
Last modified Anderson (Alex) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anderson (Alex) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top