Posted April 09, 2014
This was overall a great school. I'm a student and adored the school when I was a seventh grader, but this year, as an 8th grader, the science situation is disappointing. Halfway through the semester, they switched out a bunch of students to a new teacher who, to be fairly honest, wasn't very good at her job. The entire class is now very behind and just got another new teacher very near science state testing.

Posted March 27, 2013
Bernal Intermediate is a very good school with excellent teachers that really care about student success. The school offers a solid academic program as well as many extracurricular opportunities such as band, theater, and sports.

Bernal Intermediate School 4

Posted August 13, 2012
Bernal intermediate is a wonderful school...i am a student there and its awesome!! :) athough bernal has a lot of fights.. :( it's a shame to see other students fight... :'( but overall the teachers are great the staff is wonderful and everybody is freindly!! well sometimes lol

Posted June 05, 2011
While there are many positive things to say about this school, I have to say I am upset everytime I see the back field. All school year long I have seen an overwhelming amount of trash blowing about the field. Today i wanted to walk the track, and changed my mind as I surveyed the south end of the track covered in trash. Why doesn't the school maintain the cleanliness of the field? This is not a one time event, but a year long obsevation of a filthy condition. Boo! Zero rating on picking up litter.

Bernal Intermediate School 4

Posted May 20, 2011
I think Bernal has been a great school for my son. Like any school, a parent has be fully involved and visible, even though our budding teenage children don't think it's cool. Too Bad!! Bernal really prepares the kids for high school with its' challenging and rigorous focus on education, though this year the science class curriculum lost some rigor. There are some great and dedicated teachers at Bernal. There are plenty of opportunities for parents to be involved like the PFC(Parent Faculty Club); a great venue to know what's going on and to build a connection with the administration, sports support, District representation, and volunteering for dances/school events.

Bernal Intermediate School 2

Posted March 10, 2011
My Lil sister goes here, and she is constantly being harased by kids in her classes. they make fun of her weight , her appearance, her hair, pretty much anything and everything. My sister is a good kid, she's got a big heart. We have complained to the school numurous times, but nothings happening. she hates going to school because she doesn't want to hear what they got to say to her. she mostly ignores it, but its not like it doesn't hurt her inside. she's been through ALOT over these past few years and she still is able to fake a smile and make it through. it just makes me furious that they do that type of stuff. bullying isn't cool..it's verry immature to put some innocent person (or any at that)down to make ur self feel better.

Posted January 26, 2011
students need to focus on school, not relationships as much. be strict staff, about keeping them focused

Posted January 26, 2011
this school's teachers helped me go through 7th grade very nicely its safe and fun to go to

Bernal Intermediate School 2

Posted January 26, 2011
This school is ok. I am a student there & it has had quite a few expulsions & suspensions; many fights.

Posted January 26, 2011
This school is great:) I like the principle all my Teachers and friends. I like My Councilor to. She gives me lots of stuff and helps me when i need it or when anybody else needs it.:) Theres nothing i would say bad about this school.

Bernal Intermediate School
6610 San Ignacio Avenue, San Jose, CA  95119
Last modified Bernal Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bernal Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top