San Jose, CA

Posted March 27, 2015
Del Roble is a wonderful School. The principal is kind and responsive to parents. Our kids love her. The school has a yearly Science Fair, Harvest Festival, and other community events. They have a great after school YMCA program that offers a summer program. My kids had free swimming lessons over the summer.

Del Roble Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2014
This is a horrible school The principal is so rude and disrespectful and I don't NOT like my child being blamed for something she honestly didn't and the school does nothing about bullying my daughter got punched in he face and she got blamed for it and that too they posted the video online and e students who did this to her were okay they weren't even called into the office horrible school that I do not recommend I especially don't like the teachers

Del Roble Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2014
The principle is definitely putting every ounce of energy into helping this school succeed. She is very attentive to parents and knows all the children attending the school. I agree with other parents that she is amazing. BUT it is a small school that is overwhelmed with students and underfunded. I know they are trying they're hardest but as a parent that has nephews and nieces going to schools with better facilities and a little better funding there is a significant difference. I especially see a difference in how the class size affects the learning environment. It is worrying when the teachers themselves admit to you that they are a bit overwhelmed by the class size and can't attend to the needs of the kids like they would like. Really wish they could catch a break and get more funding to match the dedication of its principle and staff. Unfortunately, we are looking at other options because the class size is definitely making us feel like its holding our child back.

Posted April 02, 2014
Del Roble is a great school. I love the fact that the principle knows each of the students by first name and is always involved in all the activities. The front office always has a welcoming demeaner and you don't feel as if you're being a bother. I have five children attending and each of their teachers are great. I am able to contact each of them directly without a problem. Being a working mom, it helps a lot.

Del Roble Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My grandchildren attend Del Roble Elementary School. They are both in third grade this year and so far love their teacher. This to me has started their school year off great. I plan on coming to San Jose in September and look forward to visiting the school and classroom. This is their second year in this school and so far their parents are happy with the staff.

Posted June 15, 2013
I had an amazing experience attending this school. I am about to enter my senior year and I still have a close relationship with the principal and secretary of the school.

Del Roble Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2012
I have been trying to call the school to see what kind of after school programs they have for Kinder it states on the answering machine school will open on 8/6/2012 but I get no answer can anyone help? Thanks

Posted April 28, 2012
I am so impressed with the principal of Del Roble. She works so hard to support this community. She doesn't wait for parents to come to her. She goes to the parents - even visiting homes. You will always find a few elitist parents who base everything on test scores and how many carnivals are held each year. But, our principal works to bring parents into the school. She has improved technology and brought an English Language class for our many bi-lingual students. She respects the different cultures at our school and doesn't cater to any particular group. We are not a rich community and our families have many needs. You won't find too many principals and staff that give parents a ride to school and give school supplies to students who are needy. I can't wait until my next child enters kindergarten at Del Roble next year.

Posted April 25, 2012
I cannot believe that someone wrote that horrible school. I have two sons who are attending in this school . I know all the teacher here, they are very knowledgeable. The principal is very friendly and helpful. I love this school, and I wish my third one can still join in Kindergarten of this school

Del Roble Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2012
This used to be a great school but, despite concerned and caring teachers, but the principal has allowed this school to consistently fail its students. Parents are isolated from the school and all of the fun events which used to take place there have been disposed of. The school consistently fails to reach its API or provide even a proficient level of education.

Del Roble Elementary School
5345 Avenida Almendros, San Jose, CA  95123
Last modified Del Roble Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Roble Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top