San Jose, CA

Posted May 27, 2014
What I liked about this school is that it provided TK. But I have not been impressed by the way the school is ran nor the attendance of the TK teacher. For any prospective TK students and parents for next school year 2014/2015, I urge you that if you can avoid this school then do. My child is still yet to know his ABCs and his 123s. He has picked up on undesirable behaviors learned on the playground. I am extremely disappointed with this school and regret exposing my child to the Edenvale environment.

Posted August 12, 2010
My daughter has been going to Edenvale Elementary School for 2 yrs. and I'm very pleased to say that she has learned a lot the teachers are great and they care about their students. I really look forward to meeting her 2nd grade teacher and very excited to see what new things she will learn this year.

Posted May 10, 2010
I am also a parent of 3 children attending edenvale elementary , but not as happy as could be. There are just some teachers who seem not to care about a childs education. they know there's a problem with a child and as a parent you ask for help and all they could say is; ' Your the parent' , 'I dont what to say'

Posted November 04, 2009
My daughter is in Mrs. Roberts' Jr. Kindergarden class. I am very impressed. I don't know if it is school or teacher funded or both but her classroom is chock full with every kind of teaching tool imaginable. Mrs. Roberts really challenges the kids academically and really reaches out to the kids. Parent participation is encouraged at a classroom and school-wide level. The principal, Mrs. Maldonado-Castro, seems to know all the kids, is always visable on campus, and communicates weekly by newsletter. The school is not much to look at from the outside (hence 4 stars) but it is clean, in good repair, and is oozing with family friendly atmosphere. Already this year they have had a book fair, movie night, pumkin festival, fall festival, wild animal assembly. All the kids pledge to go to college. What more can a parent ask for (other than a nice new building maybe).

Edenvale Elementary School 0

Posted June 18, 2009
Mr Alves is one of the best teachers. He was my nephews 6th grade teacher & he made a huge positive impact on his academic journey.

Posted November 08, 2007
I'm very happy whith the work the teacher's are doing, my daugther is improving every day, and the principal and all the staff is the best.

Posted March 01, 2007

Edenvale Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2005

Edenvale Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2005

Edenvale Elementary School 3

Posted January 21, 2005
This school has some great teachers. The prinipal on the other hand doesn't seem to know what's going on with the students.

Edenvale Elementary School
285 Azucar Avenue, San Jose, CA  95111
Last modified Edenvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edenvale Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top