San Jose, CA

Posted February 06, 2015
Our two children attend Glider. Prior to attending this school our boys were enrolled at Stratford School a very well known & respected private school. They started their third grade at Glider. We were so worried that their work at this new school would not be as challenging, but to our surprise its very much at the same level as that of the private school. The school is very well organized. The Principal is very knowledgeable and experienced. He is very easy going and always looking for ways to help the students & their parents. The students are held accountable for all of their actions & they're encouraged daily to make good choices. Overall we love Glider School. This school has great teachers, & a friendly office staff. And last, but not least it has a lot of dedicated parent volunteers who make up an awesome P.F.A. We highly recommend this school & neighborhood to anyone new to this area.

Posted August 22, 2013
I am new to this school and I have been very impressed so far with the communication from my child's teacher. I am also thrilled with the amount of involvement from the Parent/Faculty Association. There defintiely is high level of commitment from the principal, teachers and other staff to make sure that the students at this school thrive. I love the diversity at the school and the high level of expectations from the teachers. My only criticism would be the website not being updated and that the only photo of students on the website does not reflect the diversity found at Glider. (But kuddos to the school for having one as other schools do not have one. Theirs is run by parent volunteers.)

Posted August 01, 2013
The teachers are dedicated. PFA is rock solid. The principal is not so friendly or least to Asian parents. Don't know why and don't really care.

Posted July 05, 2013
My school is Glider Elementary. Both of my daughers have gone there and thrived. The teachers really care about the childrens education and it has always been a very positive environment.

Posted February 08, 2012
We love Glider! The teachers are wonderful and provide an excellent learning environment for all students. Glider has excellent parent participation.

Posted March 25, 2011
Glider School is part of the Oak School District which to date has dodged the worst of the budget cuts over the last few years. It has a strong and caring Principal Harris who has great ambitions for an already good school. The staff are committed and will often volunteer at school and non-school events even with this tough economy. The school is older but the equipment is good and they have a computer lab with brand new computers. All in all a great learning environment

Posted August 27, 2009
Omg This Is A Awesome School even thoughs there were mean people i still missed and cried for that school.

Posted January 27, 2009
I am really impressed with glider school. My daughter has attended glider since kindergarden. I feel really great knowing that my daughter has a good education there. The teachers are great there too.

Posted October 20, 2008
My son 23 year old & daughter 20 year old attended Glider Elementary since they were in Kindergarten and now my youngest daughter 8 year old been at Glider since kindergarten. Glider is a execellant school and the same teachers my older two children had some of them are still there.

Posted August 25, 2008
My daughter has been attending Glider for the 4th year and my wife and I are very pleased with her progress and teachers she has had. Parents are very involved and the staff is very happy to go the extra mile for the students. My daughter has excelled and loves her school. I'm also an alumni of this school and it has was great even then (20 years ago).

Glider Elementary School
511 Cozy Drive, San Jose, CA  95123
Last modified Glider Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glider Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top