Bad
Good

This school is well run. Coming out of elementary school this has been a welcome change toward the next step in adolescence where there is an expectation for personal responsibility and accountability by the student. My child has been thriving here.

Develops character: Strongly agree

When my child has had a conflict, whether it be with a teacher or a fellow student, it was brought to my attention. The administration took the time to work with my child, or with both the children, to arrive at some resolve. Once this occurred, the challenge never arose again. They were very adept at finding a way to resolve the issue and have everyone reach an agreement to keep it from happening again. They are very committed to the future well-being of all involved.

My child attends the AdVENTURE program located on the Herman intermediate school campus. He has attended two out of the four years, and is now in his third year as a seventh grade student. The instructors and the program have been great! The only thing I feel this program is missing is the homework, which I I feel further embeds the lessons they learn. Nonetheless, I feel this program definitely deserves a five star rating

Love, love, love Herman Intermediate and the AdVENTURE STEM program! My child has attended the AdVENTURE program all 4 years, and has truly enjoyed every minute of it. His teachers have all been wonderful, and he has thrived in this environment. I also love the culture at Herman in general. The principal is fantastic and her happy staff loves her. Herman and/or AdVENTURE are my recommendations in the Oak Grove School District.

This school was awful. I have no idea why people are saying that the PE teachers are so great. They were rude, they had no idea what they were doing, and they were disrespectful. The teachers were awful. They either talked too much about their personal life or were extremely rude to all students. Some teachers strongly smelled of cigarettes. Great example for students. Yeah, Herman is sooo great. Sike.

It was an honor to have been in this school. Many staff members there have made me felt respected and wanted, which helped improved my self image. I hatted every single moment in PE, but now i really regretted that i had to move because I haven't been to a school that has offered such an outstanding education for PE. This area was were i was able to set goals in my life. It has been nearly 2 yrs since I was a 7th grader in that school and i still wished that I was. This school offers many programs, clubs, and electives to help students to find their best area of expertise for future careers. I hoped that this review will help future students to pick the right school for them.

We've had kids in other junior highs. This is the best! Teachers top notch. My daughter is thriving socially and academically. Great variety of special programs. Staff will meet with you...this is no small thing.

This school is the perfect example of what is wrong,my kids came in to this school ahead of the game,they lost two years,they didn't learn a thing.The teachers are collecting a paycheck,The good kids get kick to the curb,minorities waste our money.

The teachers are great at this school and the PE standards are one of the best in this area. Herman Intermediate is the best middle school in tue district!!!. Band is also an excellent one.

I am very pleased with the AdVENTURE program offered at Herman Intermediate. The quality of the teachers is outstanding. You culd not get more caring, well-prepared teachers, who go out of their way to make sure that my children succeed academically and socially. The students are challenged with projects that stimuate their minds. No more kids bored with school!

Last modified Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.