Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 07, 2016
I appreciate School Loop has been an indispensable resource for me to keep track of where my child is with his school work and where he may need help. Communication is the key to success.

Posted February 07, 2016
This school is well run. Coming out of elementary school this has been a welcome change toward the next step in adolescence where there is an expectation for personal responsibility and accountability by the student. My child has been thriving here.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 14, 2015
Mrs Garcia-Serrato, and her fellow teachers, in developing a top notch STEM program. And also, to the district for being open minded on allowing this program to be developed. Due to its growth in such a short amount of time, I feel the AdVENTURE STEM program is quite a success!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 14, 2015
I definitely do agree on this topic. At least in the adventure stem program, students are held accountable for their work ethic, the collaboration with others, as well as their respect for materials, fellow students and teachers. Students are allowed to rectify any challenges, whether it be academic or social, via a firm but open path to solution.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 14, 2015
The only challenge I have personally experienced is during lunchtime activities. The people in charge of playground and lunchtime safety, have shown slight disregard to a bit of bullying I have heard of on the campus during the lunchtime break. I do feel, however, that the lunchtime safety staff is not in charge of raising these children. Many of these challenges are something that begin at home.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 14, 2015
When my child has had a conflict, whether it be with a teacher or a fellow student, it was brought to my attention. The administration took the time to work with my child, or with both the children, to arrive at some resolve. Once this occurred, the challenge never arose again. They were very adept at finding a way to resolve the issue and have everyone reach an agreement to keep it from happening again. They are very committed to the future well-being of all involved.

Posted September 14, 2015
My child attends the AdVENTURE program located on the Herman intermediate school campus. He has attended two out of the four years, and is now in his third year as a seventh grade student. The instructors and the program have been great! The only thing I feel this program is missing is the homework, which I I feel further embeds the lessons they learn. Nonetheless, I feel this program definitely deserves a five star rating

Posted March 24, 2015
Love, love, love Herman Intermediate and the AdVENTURE STEM program! My child has attended the AdVENTURE program all 4 years, and has truly enjoyed every minute of it. His teachers have all been wonderful, and he has thrived in this environment. I also love the culture at Herman in general. The principal is fantastic and her happy staff loves her. Herman and/or AdVENTURE are my recommendations in the Oak Grove School District.

Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
This school was awful. I have no idea why people are saying that the PE teachers are so great. They were rude, they had no idea what they were doing, and they were disrespectful. The teachers were awful. They either talked too much about their personal life or were extremely rude to all students. Some teachers strongly smelled of cigarettes. Great example for students. Yeah, Herman is sooo great. Sike.

Posted June 05, 2014
It was an honor to have been in this school. Many staff members there have made me felt respected and wanted, which helped improved my self image. I hatted every single moment in PE, but now i really regretted that i had to move because I haven't been to a school that has offered such an outstanding education for PE. This area was were i was able to set goals in my life. It has been nearly 2 yrs since I was a 7th grader in that school and i still wished that I was. This school offers many programs, clubs, and electives to help students to find their best area of expertise for future careers. I hoped that this review will help future students to pick the right school for them.

5955 Blossom Avenue, San Jose, CA  95123-4032
Last modified Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top