Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
This school was awful. I have no idea why people are saying that the PE teachers are so great. They were rude, they had no idea what they were doing, and they were disrespectful. The teachers were awful. They either talked too much about their personal life or were extremely rude to all students. Some teachers strongly smelled of cigarettes. Great example for students. Yeah, Herman is sooo great. Sike.

Posted June 05, 2014
It was an honor to have been in this school. Many staff members there have made me felt respected and wanted, which helped improved my self image. I hatted every single moment in PE, but now i really regretted that i had to move because I haven't been to a school that has offered such an outstanding education for PE. This area was were i was able to set goals in my life. It has been nearly 2 yrs since I was a 7th grader in that school and i still wished that I was. This school offers many programs, clubs, and electives to help students to find their best area of expertise for future careers. I hoped that this review will help future students to pick the right school for them.

Posted April 30, 2014
We've had kids in other junior highs. This is the best! Teachers top notch. My daughter is thriving socially and academically. Great variety of special programs. Staff will meet with you...this is no small thing.

Posted May 13, 2012
The teachers are great at this school and the PE standards are one of the best in this area. Herman Intermediate is the best middle school in tue district!!!. Band is also an excellent one.

Posted January 02, 2012
I am very pleased with the AdVENTURE program offered at Herman Intermediate. The quality of the teachers is outstanding. You culd not get more caring, well-prepared teachers, who go out of their way to make sure that my children succeed academically and socially. The students are challenged with projects that stimuate their minds. No more kids bored with school!

Posted December 06, 2011
the failure of the students is the parents fault no one elses dont blame the teachers do your job as a parent

Posted June 16, 2011
I have spent the two best years in this school,thank you very much to this school because it has excellent teachers.The counselers were always worried about finding the right path for every student.Thank you very much for everything.

Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School 3

Posted March 15, 2011
Very disappointed that the STEM children's backpacks aren't allowed to be inside the classrooms during break or lunch leaving them subject to anyone and everyone going through them and stealing stuff out of them.

Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School 3

Posted February 02, 2011
The STEM program, part of the Oakgrove school district & taught at Herman is a sure way to dissuade any high achiever from doing better. With lofty ambitions; the system has lost sight of teaching the basic facts and skills to the kids. The students spend a lot of time doing projects that lead to nothing tangible - while lacking basic skills. Math is one skill that is gone to the wind. Ms. Egan has no control over her class and lacks the basic class management skills. This leads to absolutely nothing taught in the class.

Posted January 24, 2011
Please DO NOT leave the responsibilities of raising and educating our children solely on the teachers. We as parents need to know our children's progress at school and should be proactive on encouraging them to do well. Educators are NOT babysitters, they work with us in partnerships to help us bring up a well adjusted and academically well rounded child. It's not the school's fault that we don't have time to teach our kids manners, to help our kids with homework after school, or to keep track of what they do after classes. Those are the responsibilities as parents.

Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School
5955 Blossom Avenue, San Jose, CA  95123
Last modified Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Herman (Leonard) Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top