Bad
Good

Posted February 25, 2014
I have two children at Oak Ridge, a kindergartener and a 3rd grader, so far my children have had a great experience, the teachers are hard working, caring, and professional. One of the best things about this school is the parent involvement! Parents run an art program, the k-1 P.E. Program and are active as room parents and on fund raisers. I really think the parents and teachers working together helps to make Oak Ridge a great community to be a part of!

Posted January 27, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school for the last 1.5 yrs . She is in special ed there. The teacher is great and so is the aid. The principal Mrs. Singh is awesome . The school has lot of parent participation.

Posted August 31, 2010
Great teachers! The Home and School Club used to support music and science programs, unfortunately not anymore. Still a good school. Not sure why it does not score higher on the STAR test.

Posted May 19, 2010
My child has attended this school for the last 7 years - kindergarten through 6th grade. She has attended on an interdistrict transfer and I would have never sent her anywhere else. Any time I had issues of any kind, either the teacher or the principal addressed it quickly and efficiently. I have been thrilled with the Home and School Club's efforts and all of the extras the wonderful parents have provided - the Jump Rope club, the Art Vistas program, the great field trips. I would highly recommend this school without a second thought.

Oak Ridge Elementary School

Posted May 08, 2010
The teachers care about the students and their parent volunteers.

Posted April 12, 2010
This school operates with enthusiasm, compassion, and professionalism through faculty, students and parents alike. We work hard to meet the needs of our precious students!

Oak Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2010
My child started at this school 3 years ago and was extremely happy. Our child was coming home excited about what they were learning in class and being in an overall great environment. Teachers are great !!Then . we ended up with a new principal. A big surge in bulling started. My child(3rd grade girl) was punched in the stomach by a 1st grade girl (half her size) and winded pretty bad while the girl said this one s for you . My child did not know this girl before this incident. Girl was benched for one recess while my daughter had pain for a couple of days. The bullying continued. Many parents are complaining about different forms of bulling. OakRidge has become unsafe and it is hard for children to learn when they are afraid to run into a bully. Our smart Daughter is at a new school.

Oak Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2007
I have had children at this school for the last 13 years and for the first 11yrs i would give the school a 10+ but the last 2yrs have been quite disappointing regarding safety so it's down to a 3 out of 10 for me.

Oak Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted April 07, 2006
My son has been attending Oakridge for 2 years now. The staff is exceptional. The curriculum is challenging. The longer kindergarden hours helped my son adjust well to 1st grade. Not enough emphasis is put on physical education. But that's probably true for all elementary schools these days. Music is introduced for 6 weeks, computer learning and library is only 1x per week. The school's scores are really high. Parent volunteers and home and school club fundraisers give the children field trips and special events. Overall experience...I would give the school a 10. I plan on putting my daughter into Kindergarden next year. I am happy this is our neighborhood school, because I know a lot of parents who are trying to get their children into this school.

Oak Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2005
This is a wonderful school. Excellent teachers, great HSC enriching environment. Wouldn't change one thing....

Oak Ridge Elementary School
5920 Bufkin Drive, San Jose, CA  95123-4308
Last modified Oak Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top