San Jose, CA

Parkview Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2012
My kids have been going to Parkview for 6 years now and it started out fine with good teachers and fun activities but i find that the past two years it is going downhill. I know there are a lot of budget problems so it has been difficult for teachers but unfortunately our students have been affected by a decrease in field trips and we even lost our music teacher (the kids loved Mr. Hess). My 1st grader has never even been on a field trip, not even to the pumpkin patch in kindergarten! And I know there are other schools in the Oak Grove School District who's kindergarteners and 1st graders still get to go on field trips. Also, there are some teachers who yell too much and also the teachers who feel the need to label their class groups as group 1 (the smart group) and group 2. Ok, teachers - how do you think it makes group 2 feel? They feel like they are in the "dumb" group! So, wrong! But of course there are also many wonderful teachers; unfortunately i am dealing with two of the not so sensitive teachers this year. It's enough to make me want to find another school for my children.

Posted September 23, 2011
I am very pleased with Parkview and Mrs. Bouye, last year my child was in her class, she is an excelent teacher, he learned a lot in Kinder that now first grade is so easy for him, I wish to be there so he can be in her class for first grade, but we moved to Indiana state, Thank you so much Mrs. Bouye for all your dedication and excelent job. Good Luck in first grade!

Posted August 29, 2011
I'm very pleased with Parkview. Lots of parents are involve in the school activities. Teachers updated students progress with parents. They also have a great after school program for busy parents. My children enjoyed attending there.

Parkview Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2010
I am very pleased with Parkview. My children have been attending for 6 years and we have been through a lot of changes. However, through it all, the staff and parents have worked together to keep the academics high and the morale up. I do feel the current principal could be more strict on the school rules and on enforcing district consequences but in all it is a very good diversified school.

Parkview Elementary School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
Very friendly environment/closed relationship with teachers. Teachers updated students progress with parents. Lots of parents volunteer. Just that the school does not have enough budgets. They already out of papers and toners for the copy machines. They needs more help with school supplies. Even though i have to go out to buy papers to help out

Parkview Elementary School 1

Posted December 07, 2009

Parkview Elementary School 0

Posted August 13, 2009
This school is by fa,r hands down a wonderful school. I take comfort in the fact that when my daughter leaves home to go to class she enters into another home away from home. The entire staff knows each and every child by name even if they are not their teacher. The staff has great communcation with the parents both for negative and or positive reasons. The lunch staff is terriffic with the children and the parents as well as they encourage the children to eat well while away from home. And the receptionist is by far a great part of the staff. She treats all off the students as if they were own. Thank you Parkview for making your school the best that it is.

Posted January 01, 2009

Parkview Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2008
It looks like I'm the first person in 3 yrs that is rating this school,and I must say I had to rate this school as average.My son came to this school right after 2nd grade,because we had moved from the Evergreen District.I want to say that I liked the other district better,as far as the school and how it's operated.This school is not as updated,technology wise and also the school itself,I don't know why it's not well-kept compared to other schools. That doesn't really matter,but the other school offered convenient ways like online lunch payment to look at account balances and not have to worry about calling to check. They have other online programs as well. I also notice that this school has too many fund raisers and I think it's unnecessary.Over all,the school is over-crowded,ok staff and did I mention there's a new principal again this year?

Posted October 12, 2008

Parkview Elementary School
330 Bluefield Drive, San Jose, CA  95136
Last modified Parkview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top