Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted April 05, 2016
The school is great and although the students may not have realized it then, but the school helps a lot especially if you struggle with something, and are in need for help. Most of the students are nice but there's always a few students every year who like to cause drama. However, what school doesn't have them am I right ?? If your school "doesn't have them", then it's probably you lol. I'm an eighth grader now and went to Parkview since even (kinda) preschool (in CDC). My best teachers are Mr. Del Real (he was my teacher for 3rd and 4th grade) and Mrs. Prado (5th grade, even though she's a TK teacher now). One of the only cons about this school is that it has a tight budget. They couldn't afford to take us to science camp when we were in 5th grade because the school didn't have enough money. In 2nd or 3rd grade they even had to fire Mr. Hess (our old music teacher) which was such a kind and wonderful teacher. He taught us ALOT of things that actually benefit us and was by far my favorite teacher when he was there. Overall, I recommend this school not only because of its education, but because of how welcoming it is towards everyone.

Parkview Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2015
We moved from LA to San Jose and my girls were in this school. They had a hard time with the teacher bulling the kids. The kids there used bad language the principal never helped. It got so bad I sent my kids back home to LA were they did much better and are in gate. This isn't a good school at all. At church when asked what school my girls were at I said park view and all the members of the church were telling me to get my kids out of that school that there kids were going through a lot of bad things there. I don't recommend this school to my worst enemy.

Parkview Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2012
great school and has nice teachers too.principal is nice and students can get lots of help the need

Parkview Elementary School 3

Posted March 09, 2012
My kids have been going to Parkview for 6 years now and it started out fine with good teachers and fun activities but i find that the past two years it is going downhill. I know there are a lot of budget problems so it has been difficult for teachers but unfortunately our students have been affected by a decrease in field trips and we even lost our music teacher (the kids loved Mr. Hess). My 1st grader has never even been on a field trip, not even to the pumpkin patch in kindergarten! And I know there are other schools in the Oak Grove School District who's kindergarteners and 1st graders still get to go on field trips. Also, there are some teachers who yell too much and also the teachers who feel the need to label their class groups as group 1 (the smart group) and group 2. Ok, teachers - how do you think it makes group 2 feel? They feel like they are in the "dumb" group! So, wrong! But of course there are also many wonderful teachers; unfortunately i am dealing with two of the not so sensitive teachers this year. It's enough to make me want to find another school for my children.

Posted September 23, 2011
I am very pleased with Parkview and Mrs. Bouye, last year my child was in her class, she is an excelent teacher, he learned a lot in Kinder that now first grade is so easy for him, I wish to be there so he can be in her class for first grade, but we moved to Indiana state, Thank you so much Mrs. Bouye for all your dedication and excelent job. Good Luck in first grade!

Posted August 29, 2011
I'm very pleased with Parkview. Lots of parents are involve in the school activities. Teachers updated students progress with parents. They also have a great after school program for busy parents. My children enjoyed attending there.

Parkview Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2010
I am very pleased with Parkview. My children have been attending for 6 years and we have been through a lot of changes. However, through it all, the staff and parents have worked together to keep the academics high and the morale up. I do feel the current principal could be more strict on the school rules and on enforcing district consequences but in all it is a very good diversified school.

Posted April 28, 2010
Very friendly environment/closed relationship with teachers. Teachers updated students progress with parents. Lots of parents volunteer. Just that the school does not have enough budgets. They already out of papers and toners for the copy machines. They needs more help with school supplies. Even though i have to go out to buy papers to help out

Posted August 13, 2009
This school is by fa,r hands down a wonderful school. I take comfort in the fact that when my daughter leaves home to go to class she enters into another home away from home. The entire staff knows each and every child by name even if they are not their teacher. The staff has great communcation with the parents both for negative and or positive reasons. The lunch staff is terriffic with the children and the parents as well as they encourage the children to eat well while away from home. And the receptionist is by far a great part of the staff. She treats all off the students as if they were own. Thank you Parkview for making your school the best that it is.

Parkview Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2008
It looks like I'm the first person in 3 yrs that is rating this school,and I must say I had to rate this school as average.My son came to this school right after 2nd grade,because we had moved from the Evergreen District.I want to say that I liked the other district better,as far as the school and how it's operated.This school is not as updated,technology wise and also the school itself,I don't know why it's not well-kept compared to other schools. That doesn't really matter,but the other school offered convenient ways like online lunch payment to look at account balances and not have to worry about calling to check. They have other online programs as well. I also notice that this school has too many fund raisers and I think it's unnecessary.Over all,the school is over-crowded,ok staff and did I mention there's a new principal again this year?

330 Bluefield Drive, San Jose, CA  95136-2100
Last modified Parkview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.