San Jose, CA

Posted April 24, 2015
As a parent at Santa Teresa for the last 8 years, I have found the Staff and parents to be warm and welcoming. Lots of involved parents creating a real sense of community. The Principal Mr. Lepori has been amazing and is always willing to listen. He really cares about his students and in my opinion it shows. The teachers at the school are for the most part great and volunteer thier personal time and resources to go the extra mile for the kids. I read a review above calling the Home and school association " The desparate housewives of santa Teresa" The only thing I've seen them desperate for is to raise funds and drum up volunteers. As Volunteers themselves they take time out of their own busy lives and jobs and work hard to support the staff and students. They have always been warm and welcoming to me and are always eager to meet new people and potential volunteers. I for one appreciate all they do. As a family of five we feel so fortunate to be part of our Santa Teresa Community!

Santa Teresa Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2015
This not a great school. With principle Lepori it's a school of bullies. Bullies run the school. They do not get in trouble. They laugh at the teachers and every week there are new incidents of bullying. You would think of all the complaints parents make that something would done to correct this problem. The main bully has been expelled numerous times from other schools but he has made it here for the last two years because Mr. Lepori doesn't know how to deal with him. The bully now has 4 or 5 kids that follow him around and are learning how to bully. It's been a terrible two years with this principle. I'm transferring my child to a different school next year. He can't take it anymore. Recess is suppose to be fun unless the bully gang finds you. You would think the principle would listen to the teacher and yard duty complaints of this but he does nothing. OGSD is useless also. I know of 5 complaints sent to the district about this bully and the parents don't get a response and nothing is done. It's like all the incidents are being swept under the carpet. This is wrong. My child is there to learn not to be bullied.

Posted September 22, 2014
Was a good school but with the arrival of the new principal, Mr Lepori, it is now a great school. He is amazing how he brings parents, teachers and students together. A much needed improvement over the previous, self serving principal who was more concerned about her career path than the welfare of the children. Politics, favoritism, allying with neighbors across street...no more thank goodness. The teachers have all been great so far. My only complaint would the the Home/School Association is full of politics and parents more concerned about their social life than the education of their kids. They are affectionately referred to as the Desperate Housewives of Santa Teresa School.
6 people found this helpful

Santa Teresa Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2014
My daughter recently started attending this school for Kindergarten. I absolutely love her teacher and the other parents involvement in the class is wonderful too!
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2013
Ok...after moving into area unsure and nervous. Wow!! After first day, my kids came home so excited. Parents are friendly around campus. Front office is super helpful as there are always lots going on. The best Principal and actually listens to parents and our ideas. . Thank you Santa Teresa. Getting ready for 6 th grade and very happy.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 28, 2011
This is a great school. There are a lot of fun activities and parent support. Students' are challenged and learn about a variety of subjects: Language Arts, Math, Music, Art, etc. The teachers, staff and principal are amazing! I could not have asked for a better elementary school experience for my child.

Santa Teresa Elementary School 4

Posted March 29, 2011
I love this school so much. I think this is the best school ever attended by my kids because they have learned a lot academically. We came here almost 3 years ago and I can say that their english has been improving a lot. The teachers are so friendly and ask your questions regarding your child's progress. They also have this conferences which I love the most because we don't only talk about my kids' grades and how they are doing in class but also give us helpful tips on how to enrich what they have learned and improve their weak points. It's actually a cooperation between a parent and a teacher. Most of all, the students are friendly and very respectful, no bullies around..Thank you Santa Teresa!!!

Posted February 25, 2009
i have one child there in fith. who has been there since first. she has done the best ever since she started going there

Posted July 22, 2008

Santa Teresa Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2008

Santa Teresa Elementary School
6200 Encinal Drive, San Jose, CA  95119
Last modified Santa Teresa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Teresa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top