San Jose, CA

Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
With the new principal at the school this year, I saw a lot of new progress. She's very engaged and involved in everything that goes on at the school. Lots of passionate, hard working and well-liked teacher at the school too. They strive to keep communications open with the parents. New PE and musical program just started this year which is a big plus. Also, there is an on-site Boys and Girls club that provide many different activities and to ensure all students to get help and to complete their homework before going home by 6pm. The parking still needs a lot of adjustment for safety reasons. Also, I would add brand new gates/fence around the campus. Other than that, there are really no other complaints.

Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
My oldest was a student at Stipe and enjoyed the years there. He is in High School now. My youngest just started (2013) and so far so good. Nothing negative to say about the school. I think the teachers and aids are wonderful. Very willing to help you when you need information and very patient to take the time to listen. I like that. That to me as a parent is important. :) On the other hand the office. (Front desk) maybe could work on being a bit more patient with the parents. I have observed and experienced a few incidents that well lets just say.. a person in that spot should not act that way. But overall no complaints with teachers. They work hard and are trying there best to be great for our kids. :) School grounds are spacious. Parking lot is a bit of a mess. But I mean what school lot is not. Keep up the good work STIPE!!

Posted August 16, 2013
The school is so peaceful and quiet in the morning as I take my little sister to school. It's not because the students aren't talking or playing, but the location of the entire school were built this way or somehow looks quiet to me. That's a great thing, it is safe. The only thing I really 100% satisfied is the parking in front of the office is a little too close to where students would get dropped off. It's a little dangerous if I could I would suggest that build a little path way or a low-fence and intercept between cars and the students area where students have access to the office or to where they get in line every morning. Other than that, I think the school is great overall by the location and staffs.

Posted October 09, 2012
This school is very good and the Boys and Girls Club is next to school so the students can stay there until 6 PM weekkday and most students must finish their homework at school.

Posted April 03, 2012
My child has been going her for two years and all I am seeing is good . Both of the years she had wonderful teachers. They only want what's best for the children they set they're expectations high so the children know what they want. I love stipe ;)

Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2007
I think this is a very good school, but it could use some help in the test scores.

Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2007
Stipe School has the potential to be a great School. There are several passionate teachers with a great desire to help our children excel,and become all they can be. It often seems as though our school is overlooked for many benefits and programs that other schools in more affluent areas seem to have. It also seems that there needs to be greater supervision during recess/lunch time, and more awareness of what is going on with the children.

Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2006
I feel that this school is in seriously need of funding. The class sizes are too large, and teachers spend more time teaching 3 or 4 different curriculums to one class, than just separating the students with other teachers. Being such a socially disadvantaged school doesn't help either. My child has been exposed to things at an early age because of this school. Not once have a ever seen a memo go home explaining what has been going on.

Posted January 12, 2006
I think from what I have heard and see with my son, this school is an excellent school with lots of potential. Over all I think your academic programs, availabilty for all these activities, and it is always good when the parents get involved in their kids school. good job!

Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School
5000 Lyng Drive, San Jose, CA  95111
Last modified Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stipe (Samuel) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top