Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child went through this school and learned nothing. Some teachers are okay but some are just lazy and do the bare minimum (yes, kids grading other kids work is true!). Principal doesn't do anything about the bad teachers and ignore parent's complaints. I totally agree with the other reviewer that it seems that the principal is only there to "build her resume" and does not seem to care for the students which is a shame.

My daughter is new to Taylor this year and she LOVES it!!! She immediately felt welcome, her teacher is fantastic, and the school looks great - beautiful murals all around campus. The teachers do not seem as stressed out as they did at our previous school in the district, and my daughter is using technology everyday! Taylor is a school that seems to be ahead of the others with their use of technology and project based learning. It seems like many of the teachers are taking classes, or working with organizations to get even better. Our family is happy to be a part of Team Taylor!

Im a student at taylor school (6th grade) over all the school is great and they have nice teachers. Its jsut that the food there is a bit unappetizing and they can work to make the bathrooms less smelly.

The principal appears to only be here to build her resume so that she can move on to to bigger and better things, and godspeed to her. The followthrough and communication coming out of this place is laughable. Problems that start at the district level are magnified here by the school's poor management and the teachers' apathy.

All though the principal is great, I am very dissapointed with teachers. Noone cares to teach children right from wrong. One kid steals lunch from another, and when other children complain to teacher, the answer they get is "I didn't see it, so I won't do anything about it"...REALLY? Teacher doesn't check kid's homework and let's them grade their own work, or gives a few kids in the classroom candy to check other kid's work. How is that possbile? After submitting a semester of daily summaries, where you can clearly see child's impovement in penmanship and content, teacher returns work back with a sticky note, on which it says C- and states that there are dates of mising work. Not one summary is marked. This is the WORST teacher I have dealt with, and I wasn't happy with previous year's teachers. Principal should really find decent teachers. Bullying is rampant, and bullies get away with it all the time. Looking to transfer my child in to another school.

I love teaching at Taylor School. It has a wonderful sense of community and strong parent involvement. I love keeping backpacks outside the classrooms. It helps keep classrooms tidy and safe for students to work and move around. My students' lunches are only stored outside when the weather is mild or cool, otherwise we bring them inside. I love Taylor so much my child attends here also! I am confident he will learn to be a strong, kind, intelligent young man who will love to learn because of his experience at Taylor.

My son likes Taylor school very much. I like the teaching method and curriculum which is apt for the kids. Academic wise, i'm satisfied. There are couple of things I want to make a note of. Just because Taylor school building is old, it has the dungeon smell once you get into the building. My son got allergies which he didn't have it before. These kids are spending six hours a day in this same environment which can develop their allergies which can lead to asthma. The next one is, the kids are placing their backpacks along with their lunch boxes outside the building. The lunch has been kept outside for 3.5 hours under the sun. This can spoil their food. Poor kids, they have to eat this lunch anyways without even realizing it. I hope, the management should take some action to prevent the kids from getting sick/diseases.

Taylor school is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. The staff and students continually collaborate with the intention of doing what's best for the students. Filled with gratitude for this community.

School is undergoing a change in PTA board with continued focus on community and parent involvement. All teachers I have interacted with have been kind and open to discussing my questions. My child can't wait till school is back in session.

This is a great school and would like to stay in this district, because it is one of the better neighborhoods in San Jose. My oldest was here last year and currently my youngest go to this wonderful school. So far the teachers I've met are very nice and also I can tell they are good at what they do. My sister has had a bad experience with the school secretary,but I think the secretary is a bit grumpy at times I admit. That's the least of my worries because everything else is good so far. I really do hope we stay in this area for a while. Also, the principal is wonderful!

Last modified Taylor (Bertha) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.