Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 14, 2016
Great school . Great teachers . Really focus on children academic and social activities strongly and nicely . Well maintained classes . My son loves going to school .

Posted November 15, 2015
This is great school with great teachers. I see huge improvement in the school in last 2 years. We are happy with our kids day to day progress.

Posted August 28, 2015
My daughter started at Orchard School in 2012. I was very reluctant to enroll my daughter because of a few bad reviews. Also I didn't like the fact that it's elementary and middle school. I was a little horrified at the idea of my second grader being around middle schoolers. I really had nothing to worry about as they are separated. I'm so happy I decided to give this school a try. This year my daughter is in 5th grade. I also have a son in 2nd grade and a daughter in TK. I absolutely love this school! Every year it gets better and better. They have a terrific music department and have improved so much in the past 3 years we've been here. Now, I love the fact that it's elementary and middle school it just works very well. The Teachers and staff are great. The principal is very responsive with any concerns you may have. We are proud parents.

Orchard Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2014
My daughter started kindergarten here. She loved her class and her teacher Ms.Chambers. she is a great teacher i must say. Then she was moved to combo class of grade 1 and grade 2 with Ms.Lao as her teacher.needless to say that she is learning alot and having a fantastic academic year. We love the school. I gave 1 less star because of no transport facility to our residential area.other than that its a great school.

Posted April 07, 2014
Part I: In all fairness to this school.I think most of the 1 star reviews 3 yrs ago are from the same upset individual who written all of the internet. We started at this school with a mind set of all the bad reviews you have been reading all over the internet. We tried everything to not attend this school by transferring to Milpitas for 1 yr and then came back because Milpitas was full. I was very negative at first about this school until I gotten to know the teachers and gotten more involve with classroom and the school. I think this school has lost of potentials and all administrators have all intensions to change/ improve this school.The core problem falls in the lack of parent involvements. It is often full house during any school events while it is always the same very few parents that shows to any task oriented mtgs or committees including the PTA. So 1 parent volunteer would end up doing what normally would be assigned to 5 people.You also have school teachers and staffs often doing tasks that would normally be fulfilled by the PTA and/or parent volunteers. I also work full time and is a one person with 2 children at night .So I make and/ steel time to help so can you.

Orchard Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2014
School lacks the educational commitment from teachers that really want to teach. Our teacher just stamps an excellent on homework, child doesn't know if they undertand the concept. it would be great to focus on what they are learning rather than their effort.

Posted January 29, 2014
This school is very well kept. So far happy with the interaction between the kids and parents seem involved. Hope to see the quality of education continue to rise and test scores improve at this school. Hopefully it will be reflected in the new API scores.

Orchard Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2013
OMG, The principal and D.O. office are NEVER available. What happened to Principal Livingstone? He was awesome. Time will tell what happens from here with the new Principal.

Orchard Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2012
Having problems paying for my children lunches. Dropped my children off at 8:00. Cafeteria was closed, went to the District Office and it was closed. The School Office was the only one open to help me. Not a good feeling school starts at 8:15 you would think both of theese should be open to help parents.

Orchard Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
I would rate this school as one of the worse schools I've ever encountered, it is required that my daughter attend this school because of the way they zoned the school district. The principal has changed twice with the current principal being extremely incompetent, uninvolved, and unaware of what is going on at the school the majority of the time. The children have no manners, bad language and seem to have no structure or morals that are taught in their home. The teachers however I can honestly say are superb. I will be sending my child to private school next year.

Orchard Elementary School
921 Fox Lane, San Jose, CA  95131-1602
Last modified Orchard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top