Orchard Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2014
My daughter started kindergarten here. She loved her class and her teacher Ms.Chambers. she is a great teacher i must say. Then she was moved to combo class of grade 1 and grade 2 with Ms.Lao as her teacher.needless to say that she is learning alot and having a fantastic academic year. We love the school. I gave 1 less star because of no transport facility to our residential area.other than that its a great school.

Posted April 07, 2014
Part I: In all fairness to this school.I think most of the 1 star reviews 3 yrs ago are from the same upset individual who written all of the internet. We started at this school with a mind set of all the bad reviews you have been reading all over the internet. We tried everything to not attend this school by transferring to Milpitas for 1 yr and then came back because Milpitas was full. I was very negative at first about this school until I gotten to know the teachers and gotten more involve with classroom and the school. I think this school has lost of potentials and all administrators have all intensions to change/ improve this school.The core problem falls in the lack of parent involvements. It is often full house during any school events while it is always the same very few parents that shows to any task oriented mtgs or committees including the PTA. So 1 parent volunteer would end up doing what normally would be assigned to 5 people.You also have school teachers and staffs often doing tasks that would normally be fulfilled by the PTA and/or parent volunteers. I also work full time and is a one person with 2 children at night .So I make and/ steel time to help so can you.

Orchard Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2014
School lacks the educational commitment from teachers that really want to teach. Our teacher just stamps an excellent on homework, child doesn't know if they undertand the concept. it would be great to focus on what they are learning rather than their effort.

Posted January 29, 2014
This school is very well kept. So far happy with the interaction between the kids and parents seem involved. Hope to see the quality of education continue to rise and test scores improve at this school. Hopefully it will be reflected in the new API scores.

Orchard Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2013
OMG, The principal and D.O. office are NEVER available. What happened to Principal Livingstone? He was awesome. Time will tell what happens from here with the new Principal.

Orchard Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2012
Having problems paying for my children lunches. Dropped my children off at 8:00. Cafeteria was closed, went to the District Office and it was closed. The School Office was the only one open to help me. Not a good feeling school starts at 8:15 you would think both of theese should be open to help parents.

Orchard Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
I would rate this school as one of the worse schools I've ever encountered, it is required that my daughter attend this school because of the way they zoned the school district. The principal has changed twice with the current principal being extremely incompetent, uninvolved, and unaware of what is going on at the school the majority of the time. The children have no manners, bad language and seem to have no structure or morals that are taught in their home. The teachers however I can honestly say are superb. I will be sending my child to private school next year.

Posted April 26, 2011
My kid and we love this school. Now looking at the significant progress and increasing API targets, I am proud to say that my son is going to one of the upgoing and competitive schools in Bay area. Great School, Teachers, Staff and Management. They are introducing innovative ways and constantly seeking out & implementing new approaches to boost their API scores every year. Sure to hit 900 API soon! Go Orchard Go!!!!!!

Posted April 05, 2011
My kid goes to this school and the school's staff has been really innovative in introducing new ways to improve their test scores every year. We see dramatic improvement year by year. All Teachers are very nice and they listen to the parents and kids issues and get them addressed appropriately. Just now I read below in one of the reviews, I too believe that school's API growth rate is going to hit 900 within 2 yrs. Also from my below review this is my suggestion, If we see any issues with any of the other kid's bad behavior and which you might think might impact your kid, do not hesitate to communicate the same with the staff, they are friendly and they will get it addressed ASAP. It might be the kid's issue and not the school, teachers or admin staff and all the staff are very friendly to get any minor issue addressed quickly.

Orchard Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2011
This school is not a very good school lots of kids with no manners.Students justsay bad words and affect the little 1st and 2nd graders.I've heard a 1st grader saying inappropriate words which the 8th graders say. Not a very good school but there are very nice teachers.

Orchard Elementary School
921 Fox Lane, San Jose, CA  95131
Last modified Orchard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top