San Jose, CA

Posted August 04, 2014
What a great year my daughter and family had last year at Almaden! We felt so supported by the teacher and principal. We are looking forward to another great year at Almaden. I wish more parents would get involved. I loved helping at the book fair.

Posted June 13, 2014
I went to this school myself ! It was honestly the best school years ive ever had the people were amazing everyone was just great , im planing to make my kids go to this school(when i have some) . Everyone is welcoming wich is the great part, you get a long with everyone very well . Its bilingual so your child can learn english and spanish !! I suggest you give it a try . GREAT GREAT SCHOOL

Posted August 22, 2013
This is our family's first year at Almaden Elementary School and our experience has been excellent so far. We previously came from private schools and didn't really know what to expect from our neighborhood school - I must say, I am really impressed with the level of service and professionalism I received so far. The new principal, teachers, and staff are responsive and from what I can tell have solid experience, knowledge, and care for the students. As a parent, I feel like I will have more input and really anticipate great things for my kids this school year. Almaden Elementary School is underrated - I hope this reputation changes in the years to come!

Posted August 11, 2013
Almaden Elementary is a small, neighborhood school with a hard-working, highly qualified and dedicated staff!

Almaden Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
My Granddaughter is going into 4th grade. I have always felt comfortable volunteering in her classroom. The teachers and staff are very friendly and my granddaughter really enjoys the friendships she has made at Almaden. My rating for principal was based on last years principal. I am glad to see new leadership. There are more parents getting involved but it would be nice to see even more.

Almaden Elementary School 3

Posted July 29, 2013
Here are some highlights of Almaden that we experienced: 1. Friendly teachers who encourage and welcome parental participation in the classroom 2. The PTA has a small, hometown feel to it. Everyone knows each other, and everyone puts in their part to help make great events for the students. 3. An amazing parent liaison who really cares about the students and the parents 4. Because of it's Title 1 status, we benefited from funding for extra programs like Music, Science, Art, and field trips. My child had weekly art and music classes that were fantastic! We also didn't have the pressure of donating money to the school. 5. The uniform policy is not as strict as it sounds on paper, it was nice to be able to have some flexibility on fabric and styles, while still sticking to the basic colors of blue, green, white and khaki. I'm very excited for them to have a new principal this year! (I rated the principal leadership based on the 2011-2012 principal, not the new one) The best advice I have for any Almaden parent is to get involved as much as possible! You will benefit, your child will benefit, and the school will benefit!

Posted July 16, 2013
This is my child's fourth year with Almaden. I have to say my sons preschool teacher and 2nd grade teacher have been the best thing that has happened to my child. Our parent liason has done an amazing job at being there for the parents and keeping the voice between school and parents heard. I am very excited for the upcoming year with our new principal. Hopefully she can succeed in the areas the last principal were lacking. Almaden is a great school with amazing teachers.

Almaden Elementary School 0

Posted December 10, 2008
As a former teacher at Almaden Elementary School, I know firsthand what a dedicated staff we had. These teachers are hard-working, sincerely care about each child, and spend 10 to 12 hours a day on seeing that educational instruction is not compromised. Every minute of the school day is spent on quality instruction, and the teachers strive to make the curriculum so interesting with much student involvement so that learning takes place.

Posted October 26, 2008

Posted October 22, 2008
I am a firm believer that parent involvment is instrumental is making change. The PTA leadership has been wonderful this year and I could not be more proud!

Almaden Elementary School
1295 Dentwood Drive, San Jose, CA  95118
Last modified Almaden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Almaden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top