Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted October 21, 2014
This is my son's second year at Bachrodt, and we couldn't be happier. Both of his teachers have been friendly, kind, supportive, good at classroom discipline, and responsive to parents when they have questions. The optional after-school enrichment classes are a huge benefit, there's a good active PTA, and the principal is friendly and communicative (he's new in the last 3-4 years, so ignore the prior reviewer who complained about former principal). Like everywhere else, some parents are super involved, and others are utterly indifferent. And some teachers welcome parent help in the classroom, while others are tolerant of it. But they're all friendly, and put the students' learning as a high priority. We also love all the online reading and math apps and programs the school district (and school) use to support learning at home. Two of the three my son uses are even in Spanish, which is great. As an English household, I love how Spanish literate my son is after his first year (and yet he's learned English reading just fine as well).

Walter L. Bachrodt Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2014
The after school program of Think Together is the best and I like the fact that this school has low ratio of teacher and students. They also offer a good enrichment program but I have no idea what my kid is learning in school. I emailed asking the teacher about the schedule but I never got the reply. The school seems to care about fun and sport for kids more than academy. They really lack of communicating between teacher and parent. I wish the school communicate with parents better and offer more academic challenges for all grades.

Posted June 10, 2014
I have volunteer every day at this wonderful school. The Teachers and the Staff go above and beyond the call of duty. My children will continue to go to this school until it is time to move on. I am very proud to be a Bachrodt Eagle Parent! I am happy with my children acceleration in improvement.

Posted October 29, 2013
We have been a part of the Bachrodt community for the past 5 years, and our youngest will start Kinder next year, so we are looking forward to 6 more! My children are enrolled in the bilingual immersion program, and it is amazing how quickly and confidently they have learned a new language. The after school enrichment classes are wonderful, and all the PTA sponsored Family Events are fun and we love being involved in our school!

Posted October 28, 2013
Our family began this education journey the first year the Charter was implemented at Bachrodt, 2008-2009. We have watched the school grow, improve and become an amazing community of families, staff and support that maintains focus on students' best interests. As a parent, I am encouraged by the support and attention students receive. As an educator, I am thrilled with the practices and curriculum I see in the classrooms. As a family, we treasure the openness to new ideas and tough questions. My youngest will graduate from Bachrodt Charter Academy (BCA) in June 2015. We will be very sad to move on but we are confident that the kids will be well prepared for the next step in their education journey. If you have questions about the programs or activities at Bachrodt, the PTA always welcomes communication. Post to the BCA PTA facebook page anytime for more information.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have 3 kids attending Bachrodt and they have been so great with all my kids. The teachers and the principal care about the children.

Posted October 23, 2013
This school is the hidden gem of SJUSD. Our son attends Bachrodt in the two-way bilingual immersion program and we are so thrilled to be at this school. The program they have for students is nothing short of amazing. Within a month, he was coming home and speaking Spanish to us (we are an English speaking household). It's incredible. In addition to the great classroom academics, the school has a wonderful after school enrichment program run by an active and energetic PTA. In the enrichment classes, my son has been able to take art, choir, science and dance classes. He loves them all. While the school is not perfect, it gets better every day and parents are very much empowered to make drive change and enhancements. The staff is supportive and dedicated. It is a great community and we are looking forward to being a pat of the Bachrodt family as all of our children work their way through 5th grade.

Walter L. Bachrodt Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2013
Bachrodt Charter Academy is truly a special place. My 3 daughters are in the Two-Way Bilingual Immersion program and I am constantly amazed by the phenomenal education they are getting. The teachers are top notch and the staff is wonderful. There is a true sense of community at the school - it is a welcoming place for students and families. It is easy to volunteer on many levels and be involved in your child's education. I could go on and on about how great the school is, but the things that sums it up for me is that my girls LOVE going to school each and every day. I think that speaks for itself!

Posted October 11, 2013
Bachrodt is awesome! Our oldest son is in the Two-Way Bilingual Immersion program and he's thriving--academically and socially. The principal, teachers, and support staff demonstrate their enthusiasm and creativity daily. At Bachrodt there is a sense of school spirit, a real respect for diversity, and we're constantly building a college-going culture. One of the things I like most is the PTA-organized menu of after-school enrichment classes, i.e. science, robotics, cooking, art, choir, hip hop, folkloric dance, etc. This public school is rockin' and we're glad to be part of it! NOTE: The current principal of Bachrodt is Mr. Rigoberto Palacios. He's been there for a couple of years. He's smart, positive and highly esteemed among the parents and teachers. The kids also love him!

Posted August 25, 2013
I have twin sons in the 1st grade two-way immersion program at Bachrodt. Their first full year was 2012-13 kindergarten. We commute to have the opportunity of the bilingual program Bachrodt offers. I have never been so appreciative of an opportunity or experience than what my children are receiving from the faculty and staff at Bachrodt Elementary. The teaching staff are not only nurturing, but some of the most brilliant, and talented teachers I've met in my life. The principal has eyes and ears with his physical presence on campus, allowing easy access to his time for questions or needs from any of the students, parents or staff. My children are not only getting a superior academic education, they being prepared to function in a global market as well. Bachrodt is more than a school, it's our family.

Walter L. Bachrodt Elementary School
102 Sonora Avenue, San Jose, CA  95110
Last modified Walter L. Bachrodt Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter L. Bachrodt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top