Posted April 23, 2014
Reading a couple of the negative posts regarding the Kinder class is what prompted me to write this. I have two kids that currently go to Carson, and they both went through the Kinder class. Yes, the two K classes were combined (as of 2013-2014 school year they are no longer combined). I was very apprehensive at first, but the two K teachers are EXCELLENT! 2 kids spearated by 2 years - most of the kids from each of my kid's classes loved the two K teachers. I think they told me that they will still be teaching once my 3rd child reaches Kinder age. I sure hope they are still teaching! ALL the teachers at this schoo are good except for one. (I type that comment based on the experience I have had with my kids' teachers as well as feedback from parents of other teachers.) Most parents that have been a student of this one particular teacher did not like this teacher's teaching style - lots of handouts (a lot more than any other teacher at this school) but not a whole lot of actual teaching (ie learn from the handouts). Other than this one teacher, this is a great school for educating your child.

Posted June 04, 2012
I am a teacher at a local high school and so far every single student that came to our school from Carson elementary has been academically driven, responsible,polite, honest and speaks highly of the social environment of the school and the positive involvement of the principal and staff.

Posted August 12, 2011
My son attended Carson, K-5. I am afraid I must disagree with the one parents comment. My son, was a young kinder, and with the attentive teachers he had they recognized his disabilty. He was left handed...they found a college student to help him with his fine motor skills. He was retained, his academic skills were off the charts but they felt that he would benefit from one more year to hone his fine motor skills.Their sensitivity was that as they put all the students names in a hat and drew out "special helpers" to come back next year. He is a 3.8-4.0 student. I feel that Carson and the teachers there have paved the way to my sons academic success. I also feel that strong parent participation and being aware of your own childs needs are important. In the two years that my son was in the Carson Kinder...I was active in the class. Never once did I see or hear an unkind act/word towards a child. There was always a balance. The children knew the rules and were expected abide by them. But never berated or ridiculed. They were being prepared for the real world outside of the comfort of the kinder class. I am so thankful for everything this school and teachers have shared with my son!!!

Posted July 24, 2011
wow! So shocked to read the negative blog concerning carson's kinder class. I've had three kids go through that class, two years of sixty kids, and I can't say enough wonderful things about the teachers, their organizational methods, and how they treat the kids. They not only showed that they cared about the children's success, but were loving and respectful. My children didn't want to leave at the end of the year. Maybe, this negative parent should of kept the child in the class longer than two months. These teachers have a fantastic track record!

Rachel Carson Elementary School 1

Posted June 24, 2011
My son attended kindergarten at Carson for 2 months. The first day we were surprised to find out that the school had combined two kindergarten classrooms, so there were 60 students in one class. Although there were two teachers, we were deeply concerned about how they could manage 60 four, five and six year olds. Through yelling, humiliation and robotic, uncreative lessons it turns out. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine a kindergarten classroom would be so unpleasant. Volunteering there was so stressful, at times depressing to watch how the students were treated. Almost zero regard for their emotional well being. The lack of parent involvement was also surprising until I met the principal. I then realized that the cold, entrenched attitude came from the top and parents were discouraged from getting involved in anything other than raising money. We transferred out after two months. This school needs a serious overhaul in leadership

Rachel Carson Elementary School 1

Posted December 25, 2009
I have two of my children whom attend this school and I think that there are maybe a handful of teachers that actually know what they are doing. The Principle is another story and tends to play favorites with certain students. There are NO crosswalks with supervision or in the school parking lot or on the outside of the school perimeter to watch students crossing the street. I have tried for 3 yrs to transfer my kids but the school district does not care about parents concerns.

Rachel Carson Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2008
We've had two children at Carson so far (one more will attend in a few more years) and our experience has been excellent. The teachers are dedicated and supportive and the administration is great. Our younger child is in special education at Carson and we just feel very blessed to have her there. The program and her teacher, Ms. Rodman, are wonderful and she is thriving. There is a very active PTA and the school offers a great afterschool progam as well as a homework center. They are starting to offer music classes, not an easy task in these budget crunch times we live in. I highly recommend this school.

Rachel Carson Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2008

Rachel Carson Elementary School 3

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted April 05, 2008

Rachel Carson Elementary School
4245 Meg Drive, San Jose, CA  95136
Last modified Rachel Carson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rachel Carson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top