Bad
Good

I am grateful for having my son in Gardner for the first year of his life. It is still a great memory for us since then.

This school is in transition. After years in program improvement, new leadership as of 2012-13 and 2013-14 is paying attention to putting students first, as well as to academics and accountability. The new PTO board of 2012-13 is active and supportive of the administration. Parents are more involved than ever and the new staff is hopeful this is the year a long trend will be reversed to the benefit of the kids.

this school is not so good I should know because i went there and it did not help me at all it just dropped me behind and trust me know it just harder for me to learn in another school I mean its a great school but its not giving students the education they need

This is not a review of the current situation at Gardner, but I am happy to see that it is strong in bilingual education. I was a student there in the 1950s and the parents in the neighbourhood, working with principal Irene Henderson, made sure that we celebrated the Mexican-American culture of the community. I am very sad to see that those old beautiful buildings are completely gone. Dale Fuller

This school was reconstituted five years ago due to low academic progress. The make-up of the school is a heavy mix of ESL, which, due to testing standards in English, have made the school's comparison to other schools in the district more unfavorable. Since re-constituion, the principal, Janis Hubbs, has brought huge improvement to academic performance and now, five years later, despite the multiple language issues, the school is performing well. The school's greatest program is an optional two-way bi-lingual immersion which teached kids in Spanish, with a gradual introdcution of instruction in English. This really works! My second grader is befomeing proficent in Spanish, and neither of his parents speak Spanish. This is primarily a low income school, but worthy of consideration. I moved into the neighborhood to send my kids to this school.

I m very dissatisfied with the school. My kids are falling behind academically in a school that is falling behind. I can wait to take then out of the whole. My experiences with the teachers and the principal had not been good.

Great bilingual education. It is sad that not all schools offer a dual immersion. Gardner Elementary School is among the few that is left in the state. The school is in need of resources, just like many public schools across the state of California. Other then that I give the school four stars for the bilingual curriculum that is offered there.

Last modified Gardner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.