Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There isn't a single teacher who cares enough about the students. If there was one, then one would be in an All Start Teacher competition.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Nobody cares about the education. That's when everyday is a survival from the gang activity. The rich don't want the trash. So they have located this school right next to where two freeways intersect.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, most of the students are gang affiliated. They have developed this school to detract the biological waste away from Leland and Pioneer.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Gunderson boosted my sons' confidence..the involvement for students that need extra help on subjects is better than what i have heard so far from other nearby high schools... In general this school is great..fun and safe environment..has improved immensly over few years ... Every student can dream of college

As I mentioned before the focus of the school and parents is improving. The test score went up in 2012. It is very likely to go up in 2013 by 50 points. All the excellent reviews from parent are matching with the API. I know several people went to UCs and Stanford from Gunderson. There are more on the way to 4 year college. I am giving 4 star because what the school has to offer and progress.

Gunderson High is an excellent school. My son had attended private schools all his life until high school. Gunderson was pretty awesome He has taken advantage of the great A.P. courses available. The teachers are excellent, the principal cares for it's students, and parents, the students are great. It is with great pride that I say my son will be graduating from Gunderson High School - Class of 2013.

love love love it ! The teachers,students & staff defiantly show their Grizzly pride on a daily basis.

Glad to see there are lots of good reviews from parents and students. A school's one of the primary (if not the primary) goal should be education. Parents and staff are working on improving API also.

Gunderson is great, I couldn't ask for a better high school experience. It sucks that it gets such a bad rep because it's actually a really cool place to be. A lot of the people who are afraid of the school and think poorly of it are people who don't really know what it's about. Most of the time, they hear rumors from other people who hear it from other people who have never even been there and they think they know what it's all about but they don't. The administrators and the teachers were AMAZING and they really contributed to who I am today. If I every had a problem with anything, academics wise or even personally, I always knew that I would have someone to talk to. But what really made my time at Gunderson great was playing sports. I played basketball and softball all four years and sometimes, I felt like sports was the only reason I forced myself to go to school. My coaches and teammates were the best and we all spent so much time together that I felt like they were my second family. I gained so much from Gunderson and I really hope others can see how great it is too.

Last modified Gunderson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.