Posted February 11, 2014
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Posted September 19, 2013
Gunderson boosted my sons' confidence..the involvement for students that need extra help on subjects is better than what i have heard so far from other nearby high schools... In general this school is great..fun and safe environment..has improved immensly over few years ... Every student can dream of college

Posted January 30, 2013
As I mentioned before the focus of the school and parents is improving. The test score went up in 2012. It is very likely to go up in 2013 by 50 points. All the excellent reviews from parent are matching with the API. I know several people went to UCs and Stanford from Gunderson. There are more on the way to 4 year college. I am giving 4 star because what the school has to offer and progress.

Posted August 28, 2012
Gunderson High is an excellent school. My son had attended private schools all his life until high school. Gunderson was pretty awesome He has taken advantage of the great A.P. courses available. The teachers are excellent, the principal cares for it's students, and parents, the students are great. It is with great pride that I say my son will be graduating from Gunderson High School - Class of 2013.

Posted July 29, 2012
love love love it ! The teachers,students & staff defiantly show their Grizzly pride on a daily basis.

Posted March 08, 2012
Glad to see there are lots of good reviews from parents and students. A school's one of the primary (if not the primary) goal should be education. Parents and staff are working on improving API also.

Posted February 22, 2011
Gunderson is great, I couldn't ask for a better high school experience. It sucks that it gets such a bad rep because it's actually a really cool place to be. A lot of the people who are afraid of the school and think poorly of it are people who don't really know what it's about. Most of the time, they hear rumors from other people who hear it from other people who have never even been there and they think they know what it's all about but they don't. The administrators and the teachers were AMAZING and they really contributed to who I am today. If I every had a problem with anything, academics wise or even personally, I always knew that I would have someone to talk to. But what really made my time at Gunderson great was playing sports. I played basketball and softball all four years and sometimes, I felt like sports was the only reason I forced myself to go to school. My coaches and teammates were the best and we all spent so much time together that I felt like they were my second family. I gained so much from Gunderson and I really hope others can see how great it is too.

Posted July 11, 2010
I couldn't be more proud to send my daughter to this school. The teachers are phenomenal and truly care about the students. The school culture is one that is caring and loving to all students. My child is a better person for attending Gunderson.

Posted May 13, 2010
My daughter loves attending Gunderson. Over the past three years I've seen the school continue to improve academically and socially. The list of opportunities for students to get involved in their school is long and growing, My only negative is that a small number of teachers are still stuck in old ways of teaching that do not engage the students in learning. For these teachers, there's no give and take communication. And others who could improve how they give adequate feedback to students on homework and exams. Your student needs to be motivated and willing to go after class and pester to get what he/she needs. As I said, this is a small number, and they are in every school I've seen.

Gunderson High School 2

Posted March 25, 2010
Gunderson is a good school should you only have easy students. I've had 10 meetings in one semester to try to correct things for my less than perfect child. We are finally having a placement meeting to transfer him out. Once a child has a label, they cannot get through a day it seems without a referral or escort to the asst. principal's office. The principal is generally unavailable except at meetings where she gives the account as if she was a first hand witness. So if you are lucky enough to have the 'perfect' child, Gunderson is a good choice, however, once the child is on the bad side of a teacher, you can expect a nightmare to ensue.

Gunderson High School
620 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose, CA  95136
Last modified Gunderson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gunderson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top