Bret Harte Middle School 1

Posted October 11, 2014
45/100 teachers/staff are alright, but the students and parent community of the school are appalling. Bullying and student hierarchy is rampant, and the teachers are either unable to intervene (in fears of instigating a poor reaction from the parents) or just don't care. The lunch isn't exactly superb either. Would rate 1 star and a half.

Posted August 16, 2014
Three days in, and loving it so far. Great teachers, moderate homework, and lunch that doesn't taste like cardboard. Haven't had any trouble with bullies so far. Then again, most of this is due to being, you know, three days in. Will post update once I've been here longer. -Bret Harte Sixth Grader

Posted June 05, 2011
Bret Harte Middle School is an excellent middle school in San jose because of their academics, and school spirit. If you are looking for a good school pick this school because you won't find a quiet, peaceful neighborhood/school. The administration is excellent in conducting their duties.

Posted September 15, 2010
Mr.Walker is is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. he does realy fun stuf I am a 6th grader at bret hart . he is funny .he is the BEST p.e teacher .my name is Ramiel

Posted April 23, 2010

Bret Harte Middle School 3

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted January 25, 2010
i love this school!!! it is very friendly and the teachers are very good with us. mr, is the teacher i want to recomend. he is amazing, but he demands. and you will be greatful.

Posted November 18, 2009
I love that the teachers love my kids. It is hard not to love them (totally bias of course) they work their tails off doing homework and getting good grades. I love that the teachers are computer savvy and they respond in a 95% to my requests and my E-mails. But most of all I love that being such a stinky parent myself, and so darn picky, and demand excellence, the Principal has such patience, and always has a beautiful smile on his face. He is very open and helpful. Always, always open to my demands, and to give me his time. I wish I can participate more in the school, but I think my kids appreciate the independence, and feel embarrassed because I am too friendly (they say, of course I do not think so) Homework is of a good size, but again so is life. Thank you for being supportive BH.

Bret Harte Middle School 0

Posted November 05, 2009
I think Bret Harte is a wonderful school that get great test scores and anyone who is going/went to bret harte is going to love it. All the teachers and staff are VERY friendly and helpful!

Posted September 20, 2009
Bret Harte is the best middle school in San Jose. Teachers and administrators truely believe in the importance of eduction. The parents in the community are also very proactive in their childs eduction.

Bret Harte Middle School
7050 Bret Harte Drive, San Jose, CA  95120
Last modified Bret Harte Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bret Harte Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top