Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Los Alamitos is a true collaboration of community - teachers, parents, family, principal and school staff. The recent Art Vista show was a fantastic demonstration of our students artistic creativity. The recent Multi-Cultural Faire was a phenomenal showcase of our community and student talent. The grade level music performances really show the well rounded students we are developing. Spring is a wonderful time at Los Alamitos!

Develops character: Strongly agree

PBIS and Cornerstone are integral ways Los Alamitos develops Character. Teachers, staff and the principal take time to work with students.

All Los Alamitos staff are very professional and nice. They make you feel wonderful and let you know that their main priority is our children. They are willing to work with us in order for our children to learn and become a successful person in life. It is my second home. I'm very happy my children attend to this wonderful and marvelous school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers at Los Alamitos are very professional. They know exactly what they are doing. My children for example, learned how to read and write well since Kindergarden, not to mention what they learned at preschool.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think they give enough homework, they just want the best for their students. I don't see my children struggling and they finish they homework on time plus their reading.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They make you feel their honesty. You can tell that in one on one conversations for example. As a parent everything that you want is the best education to our children. At Los Alamitos students are not only getting honesty, integrity and fairness, they are also getting respect and lots of discipline.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Because the teacher came at me like my child was stupid and started back tracking when she realized I was upset. She started staying that she was willing to help me help him. But before that she talked about his ommatidia and that he was better suited for transitional instead. She maybe a clear cut choice of my son in 2 days as she taught 25 to 30 other students, how is that possible!

This school works very hard together - teacher and principal to make it a very great place. I am so happy how my student is doing. Her teacher told me today how she is learning and what she needs help with. So great to see the principal everywhere. So happy with everything.

Our family has been at Los Alamitos for almost ten years now, and we've loved every one of them. We feel lucky every day to be surrounded by such talented, dedicated, and KIND teachers who bring out the very best in our children. The principal, Mr. Rousseau, has been so incredibly approachable and supportive of parent ideas, and the school community is very enthusiastic about their many amazing programs being funded by the PTA and run by hard-working and generous parent volunteers. I find the environment to be inclusive and accepting of diverse values, and I feel like we all receive validation that each one of us has something positive to contribute. I couldn't imagine a better school for my kids--and I've experienced a lot of different schools in my own education and as a former teacher. Thank goodness for Los Alamitos and the strong leadership, awesome staff, incredible teachers, and amazing families and kids!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Los Alamitos are masters of their craft! They're very approachable and incredibly kind. They work long hours, come to school with a positive attitude, and seem genuinely excited when a new challenge comes their way. I'm always impressed by their enthusiasm after going to some staff development workshop... they're eager to try new things and meet every child at his/her level.

Last modified Los Alamitos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.