Bad
Good

our son goes to this school. It's a hit and miss if you will get a good teacher or a really bad one. We sat through some of the classes just to observe teaching style and it was sad how many of the students just did not understand simple math and science. most of them looked completely lost when it came to math. you can see by school's test scores that they are not even close to state average. If you have an option of not putting your kid in this school i suggest that you explore other options.

My son graduated from John Muir and he loved the school, made a lot of friends, no issues with kids, teachers are nice and knowledgeable. If you are just evaluating the school, do yourself a favor, go to the school, talk to the wonderful principal Gloria Marchant, she is amazing! Very approachable, knows kids by name, passionate about kids and giving them the education they deserve. School has a lot of hispanic students, but they are hard working, good students.

Best school ever . you get along with EVERYONE at school the staff is just great and welcoming 5 out of 5 !

I was so worried about sending our youngest to this school after moving to CA from AZ. But I have to say, I'm so impressed with the teachers and academics. The teachers really get to know the students individually and care about their success. It's been a great 3 years. So glad we decided on John Muir.

Don't believe this school is bad bullies bully other people right in front of teachers and the kids in some classes are extremely disruptive

This is my last year at Muir and I have loved it here! The teachers are wonderful and try their hardest to teach us. Some people say that the school is terrible because some of the kids are "bad", but I never really had that problem. I recommend to incoming 6th graders that they should choose their friends wisely; they will change who you will become. I would recommend parents to help your son/daughter in their new school to help them adjust by making sure that they are doing their homework or by checking their grades every so often. There are a few things that I wish they would bring back or start at Muir such as the Drafting/Junior Engineering Class or make a band class to go with our Digital Music class. Overall, it is a wonderful school and you will really enjoy it here.

I'm a 6th grader at this school and I love it some people say bad language but I bet everyone does. All my teachers help me and support me.

Can some other parents please provide feedback on the 6th grade math class? What is going on? The teacher doesn't reply to our emails. Instead of following the excellent book, the teacher prints out poorly hand-written homework assignments with few examples. Is this due to the new "Core" program? Further, the method being taught is too basic and conceptual, with limited practical application. Our son, who excelled in math at Hacienda Science is quickly learning to hate the subject as 'taught' at John Muir. The online portal shows he's received mostly 95+ on most tests, but has zeroes 'mystery' assignments that were not handed in. He just started there a few weeks ago, and I'm already considering a private school where he'll use a book, online resources, structured assignments, and qualified instruction necessary for success. We would have a hard time affording it, but math is too important a subject to allow some teacher or school district to "wing it" by ignoring the book and creating their own lesson plans hand-written in magic marker.

Thank god that there are other public charter schools in our area. Too many rude kids come to this school just to fool around. The school always said they had good kids and not being helpful at all.

It's an okay school but there's a lot of violence, drugs, drama, ect. People are mostly based on their race.

Last modified John Muir Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.