San Jose, CA

Posted January 29, 2015
Reed is a great school I have my son since kindergarten any he is happy . The teachers are wonderful . Reed is palace that amid can grow confidence & learn at the same time.

Posted November 20, 2014
Reed is my son's second elementary school, we absolutely loved the years he spent there. I LOVE the teachers and the school principal, everyone is doing their best to provide the kids with nurturing, warm environment that is so important in elementary school. Teachers are keeping parents informed on kids progress and are very responsive.

Posted October 10, 2007
Very hands-on principal since arriving in 2005. He knows students' names, does yard duty, and is very involved in the daily activities of the school. Good parental involvement at this school! Accelerated Reading is a great program. School has fitness group called 'Power Paw', does Young Author's Tea for student writers, has docents leading Art Vista, as well as a great music program headed by a dedicated music teacher (Mrs. K.) whom all the students love. Reed is a small school that promotes a great community feel!

Posted September 26, 2007
In researching several other schools we've found we'll be very hard pressed to duplicate that special quality we have at Reed. The 'It takes a village' approach flourishes with the small size and amazing parental involv. It is a beautiful community of all walks of life and ethnicities. The children seem very fond of the principal and, in our experience, most teachers are approachable, able to hone in on our children's talents as well as challenges. My children are flourishing and love to come to school because they have found learning can be such fun. A lifelong trait I wouldn t trade for the world. Fine Art, Music, Plays, Accel Reading, and many after school activities make this little school very rich. Scores have improved and there is a push to keep going higher but if you look beyond the raw number at the heart of Reed you will find a Cinderella.

Posted September 12, 2007
Reed has been a wonderful experience for myself and my child. She has made many friends. Their reading program is great. The parent involvement since my child has been attending has been awesome. The PTA has made it possible for them to have Music, Art Vistas, fun activities etc. The curriculum and the teachers are great....as with anything in life there is always room for improvement, so I hope for Reed to continue in it's path of showing improvement every year.

Posted March 28, 2007
Reed has the best teachers any student and parent can wish for. Art, music and more because of awesome parent involvement

Posted August 22, 2006
The change in principal has greatly improved this school. Juan Correa has been wonderful for the students as well as for the parents. Parents are now welcome on the campus, and people know and keep track of all the students very well. The office staff is outstanding, the teachers get an A+ from this parent.

Reed Elementary School 3

Posted May 16, 2006
Much improved principal this year. Friendly atmosphere. Will improve as younger teachers join and new principal continues to influence.

Reed Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2005
My child went to this school for two years, K and 1st and we didn't have a very good experience. The kindergarten teacher was great, but 1st was a disaster. We ended up taking our child out of the school and is doing fabulously at our new school.

Reed Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2005
Reed has a very strong academic program. They are focused on reading and have a great book program that the children all participate in. The children have computer time, music class and field trips. The parent involvement is satisfactory...but definitely could be more.

Reed Elementary School
1524 Jacob Avenue, San Jose, CA  95118
Last modified Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reed Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top