Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 12, 2016
I am in middle school and love River Glen. I really like the size of my school. Everyone there is familiar to me and many people I know well. I am not lost in a sea of students. I have had excellent teachers and they are very, very kind and loving. If students have trouble understanding something, they take the extra time to explain it to you. I have made close friendships that making coming to school fun! My friends at other schools talk more about bullying, teasing and even dating compared to my school! I love this school!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 12, 2016
I think that most of the teachers have always been so kind and really teach the material very well.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted December 07, 2015
Students are held to standards and the teachers make sure their work is done or they inform the parents.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 07, 2015
There is something called VISA which teaches respect to the students and is used throughout.

Posted April 28, 2014
Our family is in our 12th year at River Glen and we remain so committed to it and extremely happy with it! It is a community of dedicated parents, and teachers. We have seen 3 principals over our 12 years and really respect the leadership of our current one. Our older children were very well prepared for high school and are excelling beyond what we could have imagined. We have seen previous graduates of RG to go on to excellent colleges, play in collegiate sports, become artists/musicians and generally very engaged community members. We have 3 more years at this school and cannot quite imagine leaving, however the gifts, more than just being bilingual/biliterate, it has offered my children we will see for the rest of their lives.

River Glen School 2

Posted August 31, 2013
I was a parent at Riverglen for 16 years, the spanish immersion program was a success w/my children. However,I disenrolled my child from the 5th grade due to lack of support that she received from the new principal& her 5th grade teacher. My child is IEP,& she was left behind in this "no child left behind" era. What troubled me the most was the lack of support & the indifference of her 5th grade teacher & of the principal. I was a devoted parent for many years here & have seen quite a difference. The motto of the school prior to this new principal was the success for ALL students. Now, if the child is struggling academically, they are forgotten & the minimum support is offered. My daughter is now in the 7th gr., struggling due to the indifference she received from the principal/her 5th grade teacher. So if your child is an average student, they will succeed anywhere, but if you are a parent with a child that has a learning disability, look elsewhere, because they will not prepare your child for high school. My meetings of concern for my child seemed to have annoyed the principal; I'm sure he is very happy that we left. I was there for 16 years; River Glen is NOT THE SAME!!!

Posted August 29, 2013
Amazing teachers & staff, wonderful students, engaged parents, grandparents, and extended families... a true community that values learning. The leadership of the principal is exciting!

Posted April 24, 2012
I love the teachers and staff at River Glen cause they care, my two neices attened R.G. and I know this school is great I choose it for my son!

River Glen School 4

Posted December 09, 2011
It is difficult to read the previous post and have someone try to speak on behalf of the entire Parent/Student community. Our new Principal is a great leader, and he is always extremely professional. He is generous with his time and gives of himself all that he possibly can. He attends every school function and is hands on helping any way he can. He is supportive with any event or activity. His first words are "Let me know how I can help" When disciplining, he means business. What's wrong with that!?...although we miss our past principal's....we are very fortunate to have Mr. Salcido!

River Glen School 1

Posted December 06, 2011
This was a great school until the new principal arrived this year. He lacks leadership and experience on working with children. He is unproffesional not a people person. Lacks communication skills. He intimidates the staff to turn against the children for his own personal ego. He doesnt belong at River Glen the kids dont like him and neither do parents or staff. He's turning our family environment into a cold feeling school being run by Mr. Scrooge.

1088 Broadway, San Jose, CA  95125-2232
Last modified River Glen School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.