San Jose, CA

Posted April 28, 2014
Our family is in our 12th year at River Glen and we remain so committed to it and extremely happy with it! It is a community of dedicated parents, and teachers. We have seen 3 principals over our 12 years and really respect the leadership of our current one. Our older children were very well prepared for high school and are excelling beyond what we could have imagined. We have seen previous graduates of RG to go on to excellent colleges, play in collegiate sports, become artists/musicians and generally very engaged community members. We have 3 more years at this school and cannot quite imagine leaving, however the gifts, more than just being bilingual/biliterate, it has offered my children we will see for the rest of their lives.

Posted April 22, 2014
This is a great school. Scores don't tell the full story. The facility is old (except the 6-8 classrooms), but Measure H will probably help with upgrades. The principal is extremely engaged and is a great administrator. We feel lucky that our kids go here.

River Glen School 2

Posted August 31, 2013
I was a parent at Riverglen for 16 years, the spanish immersion program was a success w/my children. However,I disenrolled my child from the 5th grade due to lack of support that she received from the new principal& her 5th grade teacher. My child is IEP,& she was left behind in this "no child left behind" era. What troubled me the most was the lack of support & the indifference of her 5th grade teacher & of the principal. I was a devoted parent for many years here & have seen quite a difference. The motto of the school prior to this new principal was the success for ALL students. Now, if the child is struggling academically, they are forgotten & the minimum support is offered. My daughter is now in the 7th gr., struggling due to the indifference she received from the principal/her 5th grade teacher. So if your child is an average student, they will succeed anywhere, but if you are a parent with a child that has a learning disability, look elsewhere, because they will not prepare your child for high school. My meetings of concern for my child seemed to have annoyed the principal; I'm sure he is very happy that we left. I was there for 16 years; River Glen is NOT THE SAME!!!

Posted August 29, 2013
Amazing teachers & staff, wonderful students, engaged parents, grandparents, and extended families... a true community that values learning. The leadership of the principal is exciting!

Posted April 24, 2012
I love the teachers and staff at River Glen cause they care, my two neices attened R.G. and I know this school is great I choose it for my son!

River Glen School 4

Posted December 09, 2011
It is difficult to read the previous post and have someone try to speak on behalf of the entire Parent/Student community. Our new Principal is a great leader, and he is always extremely professional. He is generous with his time and gives of himself all that he possibly can. He attends every school function and is hands on helping any way he can. He is supportive with any event or activity. His first words are "Let me know how I can help" When disciplining, he means business. What's wrong with that!?...although we miss our past principal's....we are very fortunate to have Mr. Salcido!

River Glen School 1

Posted December 06, 2011
This was a great school until the new principal arrived this year. He lacks leadership and experience on working with children. He is unproffesional not a people person. Lacks communication skills. He intimidates the staff to turn against the children for his own personal ego. He doesnt belong at River Glen the kids dont like him and neither do parents or staff. He's turning our family environment into a cold feeling school being run by Mr. Scrooge.

Posted August 09, 2011
It's been a pleasure and an honor to be part of the River Glen family. I've been a teacher of this school for many years now, and have loved every day of it!

Posted May 17, 2010
River Glen is fantastic. My daughter is now graduating after 9 great years from a caring community that absolutely integrates parents-teachers-kids-volunteers. She is so prepared for high school; as a fluent Spanish-speaker non-latina, she is already special. I'm glad my 4th grader has years to go, so I don't yet have to say good-bye to my RG family.

River Glen School 0

Posted May 08, 2010
It has a wonderful and dedicated staff and great parents.

River Glen School
1088 Broadway, San Jose, CA  95125
Last modified River Glen School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Glen School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top