Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am in middle school and love River Glen. I really like the size of my school. Everyone there is familiar to me and many people I know well. I am not lost in a sea of students. I have had excellent teachers and they are very, very kind and loving. If students have trouble understanding something, they take the extra time to explain it to you. I have made close friendships that making coming to school fun! My friends at other schools talk more about bullying, teasing and even dating compared to my school! I love this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is something called VISA which teaches respect to the students and is used throughout.

Our family is in our 12th year at River Glen and we remain so committed to it and extremely happy with it! It is a community of dedicated parents, and teachers. We have seen 3 principals over our 12 years and really respect the leadership of our current one. Our older children were very well prepared for high school and are excelling beyond what we could have imagined. We have seen previous graduates of RG to go on to excellent colleges, play in collegiate sports, become artists/musicians and generally very engaged community members. We have 3 more years at this school and cannot quite imagine leaving, however the gifts, more than just being bilingual/biliterate, it has offered my children we will see for the rest of their lives.

I was a parent at Riverglen for 16 years, the spanish immersion program was a success w/my children. However,I disenrolled my child from the 5th grade due to lack of support that she received from the new principal& her 5th grade teacher. My child is IEP,& she was left behind in this "no child left behind" era. What troubled me the most was the lack of support & the indifference of her 5th grade teacher & of the principal. I was a devoted parent for many years here & have seen quite a difference. The motto of the school prior to this new principal was the success for ALL students. Now, if the child is struggling academically, they are forgotten & the minimum support is offered. My daughter is now in the 7th gr., struggling due to the indifference she received from the principal/her 5th grade teacher. So if your child is an average student, they will succeed anywhere, but if you are a parent with a child that has a learning disability, look elsewhere, because they will not prepare your child for high school. My meetings of concern for my child seemed to have annoyed the principal; I'm sure he is very happy that we left. I was there for 16 years; River Glen is NOT THE SAME!!!

Amazing teachers & staff, wonderful students, engaged parents, grandparents, and extended families... a true community that values learning. The leadership of the principal is exciting!

I love the teachers and staff at River Glen cause they care, my two neices attened R.G. and I know this school is great I choose it for my son!

It is difficult to read the previous post and have someone try to speak on behalf of the entire Parent/Student community. Our new Principal is a great leader, and he is always extremely professional. He is generous with his time and gives of himself all that he possibly can. He attends every school function and is hands on helping any way he can. He is supportive with any event or activity. His first words are "Let me know how I can help" When disciplining, he means business. What's wrong with that!?...although we miss our past principal's....we are very fortunate to have Mr. Salcido!

This was a great school until the new principal arrived this year. He lacks leadership and experience on working with children. He is unproffesional not a people person. Lacks communication skills. He intimidates the staff to turn against the children for his own personal ego. He doesnt belong at River Glen the kids dont like him and neither do parents or staff. He's turning our family environment into a cold feeling school being run by Mr. Scrooge.

It's been a pleasure and an honor to be part of the River Glen family. I've been a teacher of this school for many years now, and have loved every day of it!

River Glen is fantastic. My daughter is now graduating after 9 great years from a caring community that absolutely integrates parents-teachers-kids-volunteers. She is so prepared for high school; as a fluent Spanish-speaker non-latina, she is already special. I'm glad my 4th grader has years to go, so I don't yet have to say good-bye to my RG family.

Last modified River Glen School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.