Bad
Good

San Jose High School 2

Posted May 04, 2014
I'm a student at sjh and I can tell you that the only reason that this school gets all its 'hype' from is the IB program. That's it. Gangs. Drugs. Graffiti. A normal class that does not include IB or Honors, has about5% of students learning. The rest, well that's there future.

Posted September 11, 2013
I love the sports here. And the coaches really help you. And the bulldog pride is outstanding here. GO BULLDOGS

Posted May 14, 2010
I am currently a senior and am about to graduate in a few weeks and I can honestly say that this is one of the best public school anyone can attend. This school only gets a bad rap from things done in the past. The school offers challenging programs such as the International Baccalaureate program and the Engineering Project Lead the Way Program. We have a caring administration and an accepting an and diverse student body! We also have new science and engineering buildings that will be open in 2010! SJHA is a stepping stone towards a great future! Go Bulldogs!

Posted October 24, 2009
I am a current junior at san jose high and believe we are one of the best schools in california if not the best we have many great programs that are over looked because everyone assumes we are a bad school because of our past.we have a big portugues club,catt club,key club,ib program,Mesa,latino club, and many more if im taking the time to write about my school so much its because i really do care class of 2011

Posted October 04, 2009
It's a great mix of kids and the International Baccalaureate program is outstanding.

Posted August 09, 2009
The school is now under a new administrative staff, hopefully this attitude will change! Go Bulldogs!

Posted August 06, 2009
I have seen great students come out of this school, the complain that I have is trying to have the Administrative Staff help with any form or appointment, they have the worst attitude as if they are to occupied all the time and never have the ability to give a smile or a simple caring answer. The times I've need their help I've came out more fustrated and upset then when I first went to seek their help. They need attitude adjustments.

Posted January 14, 2009
As a community member I have seen a great turn-around over the last two to three years in the school's look! The students have always been friendly but with the new buildings as well as the new sign and clean grounds the school looks great!

San Jose High School 4

Posted December 15, 2008
Im a currently a student at San Jose High Academy, and I can say that this school has gone through major changes since my siblings have attended this school. This school is a great school, because its one of the most diversed and welcoming schools i have been to. The staff members have changed so much throughout the years, but i have to say that all the teachers that have worked here, have put some much effort in making these students learn. I have never seen any teachers, who are willing to dedicate their time to students who need help in their school work and other personal stuff. Yes, there is a huge gap between the IB students and the Non-IB students in test scores and how they overall interact with each other. But overall, everyone is friendly and caring. This school is recommended for anyone.

Posted October 17, 2008
I am currently a student at SJHA and I personally think its a great school. What makes it even better is that it is an IB school.

275 North 24th Street, San Jose, CA  95116-1143
Last modified San Jose High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.