San Jose, CA

Posted October 17, 2014
I think it is completely irresponsible for for the last reviewer to only give one star when they don't even have their own child attending Terrell. My son just started this year. His teacher is wonderful and the principal seems really involved with the students and parents. My son is excelling here and I'm really happy with the quality of education he is currently receiving.

Posted October 16, 2014
Wow, looking at how the staff and school is rated compare to other elementary is terrible. I have a nephew going here and it seems that staff and poor leadership of the principal is a concern. To query this school and local housing to purchase, you can see how low of a score it's getting and have my child attend... I would be ashamed. Only thing about Terrell is about the parents that strives to make it better. This make you realize where our tax dollars are going.

Posted June 11, 2013
My child and I didnt have a good experience at Terrell. I felt like the school only focus on my child's behavior rather than academically. Everyday is always something he did. The teacher doesnt know how to handle the student, they often called and interrupted me at work rather than trying to solve it. I finally had it and I pulled my son out of that school. We are now happy.

Posted August 09, 2012
My son has been attending this school for 4yrs now and we are grateful for the teachers he's had so far!! Keep up the good work!!

Terrell Elementary School 2

Posted October 07, 2011
During recent student recognition ceremony of proficient and advanced students, fourth grade teacher Marisa Rapinchuk and principal Lynn Hyssop "forgot" to give award certificate to a student. Teacher gave it next day only, after student showed the results of the tests to her. Extremely "professional" and "encouraging".

Terrell Elementary School 3

Posted June 08, 2010
My daughter just finished Kindergarten at Terrell. Despite the negative impact of reduced school funding and much larger class sizes in the lower grades (30 kids per Kindergarten class!), this school has made the best of the situation. I felt that parents in my daughter's class really stepped up to the plate to volunteer in the classroom to help with the larger class size. Also, I feel the new principal keeps all parents informed and really believes in the school and improving all aspects of it. I believe this is an "up and coming" school, fighting to improve school climate and test scores despite difficult economic times. I gave Terrell an "average" score because I feel that it is currently an "average" school but has the potential to be much more.

Posted October 30, 2009

Terrell Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2009
The staff is truly caring and great. Unfortunately, the district has made so many cuts it will hurt our school. We have lost our life lab this year due to money. We don't offer any of the activities posted on this site like karate, newspaper, languages taught, etc. The 30 to 1 ratio in kindergarten is a nightmare. It really could be a great school with more participation and funding.

Posted December 16, 2008

Posted September 04, 2008
Our daughter just entered first grade and so far, so good on everything. Kindergarten went very well and she improved throughout the year in all her reviews so that was very nice to see. We just received a phone call last night from her teacher where she introduced herself and said a few words about our daughter (a glowing review I might add! :o) ) so the communication is very good as most of the reviews indicate. Overall, we are quite happy with Terrell entering our second year and hope for four more moving forward.

Terrell Elementary School
3925 Pearl Avenue, San Jose, CA  95136
Last modified Terrell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terrell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top