Bad
Good

Posted February 11, 2014
This school is great! As a student, I am very happy to have developed a growth of maturity and have thrived throughout my 3 years here at Dartmouth. Very supportive school with great activities, students, and staff. I want to become a middle school teacher and look forward to coming back here as a teacher!

Posted August 23, 2013
Wonderful school environment! Couldn't be more happy. Staff is nurturing. They are very supportive & successfully helped my bright son thrive, learn & grow. They understand adolescents & the difficult time they are going thru. They offer a safe environment for kids to more independence by taking responsibility for their work & behavior. They are proactive to help struggling kids. You couldn't pick a better middle school if you have a student with special needs. The band program is phenominal! Over half the student body is in the band. Incoming 6th graders can only get in by lottery. The band has won numerous awards. Just wish this school continued through 12th grade!

Posted September 05, 2012
My daughter LOVES all of her teachers. This is a HUGE win in my book. 100% of her teachers are extremely educated and organized. New Principal has amazing energy and seems to use his popularity with the children in a positive way (as a role model/leader vs. power trip/controlling others)

Posted July 06, 2012
I have just been hired to teach at Dartmouth and I could not be more excited. On the day of my interview, they took me to meet the team of teachers I would be working with and I can honestly say it was one of the nicest groups of people I have ever met. I spent a full day on campus during the last week of school so I could get a feel for the culture. It is incredible! I can tell that teachers love working here and students love going here.

Posted January 02, 2012
Love this school. My son has a learning disability and the teachers are SO awesome with my son. I am so happy with this school. Even the staff in the front office are kind and loving towards the students. The curriculum is great, and though my son has a learning disabiltiy, he is progressing and confident at this school. There is no bullying and all of the teachers my son has had (he's in 7th grade) have been kind and responsive.

Posted February 27, 2011
I cannot say enough great things about this school, its staff and its administration. My child is in 8th grade and has nothing but an outstanding experience here. Besides the strong curriculum, what I really appreciate it the focus on allowing every child to succeed to the level they are able. Children are bolstered, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. They are also expected to behave in a way that allows for them to focus on learning above all else. What I see when I am on campus is an environment where students feel comfortable with each other, and with the staff, which is quite a feat for middle school. I tell everyone I know what a fantastic experience this has been!

Dartmouth Middle School 1

Posted January 09, 2011
Be careful of this school. The principal, Carlson, has an agenda and will sacrafice the kids to get there and Lau isn't much better. I removed my kid from this school and the experience at the new school was instantly a dramtic difference for the better. I hope someday someone will catch them at what they are doing.

Posted November 04, 2009
The teachers and staff are Fabulous! The teaching is done in teams which has been hugely successful.

Dartmouth Middle School

Posted August 18, 2009
I was a student at Dartmouth MANY years ago and seriously had anxiety about my daughter going to any public middle school. She has completed 6th grade at Dartmouth and I have to say that her experience has been ideal and my expectations were completely blown away. She went into 6th grade vulnerable and impressionable and came out a strong, smart, athletic and a completely confident young lady. I'm so pleased with the staff and the attitude the kids have at our school.

Posted August 18, 2009
I was also a student at Dartmouth, back in the day. My daughter is heading in to 7th grade there and we cannot say enough great things about the school, the staff and the curriculum. The staff has extremely high standards for the students - exceptional behavior is what is expected. Students with all levels of ability are supported and challenged. I have recommended Dartmouth to many friends who are currently attending private school.

Dartmouth Middle School
5575 Dartmouth Drive, San Jose, CA  95118-3332
Last modified Dartmouth Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.