Bad
Good

Can't say enough wonderful things about Lietz. My elder child just finished his first year at Lietz---he loves the school. Lietz is a very diverse community and has a great mix of children. Academically, they have excellent flex-reading program. Parent involvement is amazing, too. Can't wait till my little one starts kindergarten soon.

I'm a parent of a first grade girl. She has been going there for kindergarten and now first. She is reading on j error own with very little assistance. She loves her school and I enjoy volunteering at the school. It has a great group of teachers. The parents all come together and volunteer and make events turn out so awesome.

Lietz is a great school. My kids are happy to go to school everyday! I have a 1st, 4th and 5th grader and they are thriving. The teachers are working hard to get every kid the attention they deserve.

We moved to the U.S two months ago. Our home school is full so we have to start the school at Lietz. My son loves Lietz even though he speaks little English. The EFL teacher and his third-grade teacher are wonderful. I don't know the magics they pull on my son but he LOVES going to school. No complaints at all. I think I will have a hard time deciding whether we should transfer him back to our home school next year!

This is my child's first year at Lietz as a Kindergartner. His teacher is great and very involved. She has fun, yet educational activities for the kids to learn from and keep thier interest. My child loves going to school everyday. The school events have been very organized and student centric. The community and the parent involvement is great. The school is good about giving many opportunities for parents to get help and get involved.

Both our 2 daughters are at Lietz now and they (so we too) love their school very much! The teachers are great, prefesional, and thoughtful.

This is my son's second year at Lietz, and I couldn't be happier with the school. The home and school club has a lot of fun events for the kids every year. The teachers are experienced and do a great job. They group the kids for reading so that they are with other kids with their reading level, instead of grouping the whole class together. My son loves the thrid and fith frade buddy program where older students are partnered up with kindergarten and first graders. They also have a school garden. I really can't say enough good things about this school.

My daugher has attended Lietz for five years now - since Kindergarden - and every year we love it more and more. The grounds are clean and safe. The teachers are amazing, and work TOGETHER - collaberating for our children and the overall well being of everyone. There is huge parent involvement, which makes a big difference. It's welcoming and fun. The kids are happy, and there are a lot of Home and School club funded enrichment programs that other schools don't have due to budget cuts - Music, Art Vistas, Choir...and more! Mr. Izor the principle is truly amazing and has a great relationship with his students and teachers. He has respect from the kids, but they aren't afraid of him - and they enjoy him! On a side note: my daughter is in a wheelchair - and we were supposed to go to Blackford, all the way across San Jose, where the "other wheelchair" kids all go! I'm so glad we are here, with our neighborhood! The teachers and fellow students and families here have all made a big difference in my daughter's life and how empowered she feels, and how liked and respected! Lietz is fabulous! You would be lucky for your child to attend this school!

LEITZ IS A VERY CHILD-CENTERED SCHOOL. OUR CHILDREN LOOK FORWARD TO GOING TO SCHOOL EACH DAY.

When we were turning our kids into this school about 3 years ago, we were a bit nerves being one of the low rated schools in the Union school districts. However now we are enjoying the school. My both daughters attend this school. It s awesome place for my kids. The teachers, the principal all have been working hard with their true efforts; bring up the kids as well as the school. I should appreciate their efforts.

Last modified Lietz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.