Posted November 05, 2014
Love, love love Oster. Supportive and dedicated teachers. Teachers give ours kids a challenging amount of homework, but I know it's just preparing them for middle school and beyond. A beautiful combination of nurturing and firm discipline.

Oster Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
The school is overrated. If you are not from the community or have connections within the school your child is looked upon as an outcast.

Posted April 02, 2014
Our school was recently granted The distinguished school Award. I'm so proud to be a part of this school and community. I was on the parent panel to answer questions regarding our school and principal practices. I learned so much from the experience and it just makes me even happier to be part if this school and community!

Posted October 24, 2013
My son went to this great school am so proud of it because l think is the better school

Oster Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2013
My son is going into 3rd grade and has had the best kindergarten, first, and second grade teachers ever. He needed extra support because of a learning disability and the principal and resource teacher had him tested immediately and receiving the services he needed in order to succeed. The new principal will listen to your concerns. The entire staff is caring, friendly and supportive. We love Oster!

Posted September 26, 2012
My twin daughters go to Oster since Kindergarten and now they are in 3rd grade. We love oster community. I really hope that the new principal is also as friendly as Mr. Martino

Posted September 05, 2012
The school has a real sense of community with the teachers and parents working together to help a very diverse group of kids. Positive attitudes and appreciation all around.

Oster Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2011
My kids attend Oster elementary. Overall the teachers are good. But I am disappointed about the administration and curriculum. No P.E. no art class, music class only once a month due to the budget cut. The current principal is very difficult to communicate with. It's sad to see many good families are leaving. I think our children deserve better education.

Posted April 25, 2010
Though now in middle and high school, all 3 of my children attended Oster from Kinder through 5th grade. My oldest is off to UC Berkeley in the fall. The education they received through our public schools in this district have been exceptional. Teachers are dedicated and caring, leadership (both parent and administration) is effective, and the community is involved and proactive.

Posted March 04, 2010
My daughter transferred in when she was in fourth grade. Her teacher was incredible, and my daughter flourished. The private school education my daughter had received from Pre-K -third grade was good, but I have to say, her experiences in fourth and fifth grade at Oster were phenomenal. Oster exceeded my expectations; for that, I am truly grateful!

Oster Elementary School
1855 Lencar Way, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Oster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top