San Jose, CA

Posted May 19, 2015
Oster is an outstanding elementary school; my husband and I are thrilled with not only the education but the nurturing environment of the school. My son has had an excellent experience as a transfer student. He was welcomed and made to feel at home. Over the last three years, each of his teachers have consistently created a warm nurturing environment making students feel comfortable and enjoy going to school each day. My son is also thriving academically. Thank you Oster teachers, administrators and staff! You are the best of the best!

Posted April 20, 2015
Oster is a winning school, it offers almost everything a child needs to grow up with an open mind and established academics. The teachers are involved, in class and after class for children who need to extra attention, the parents are involved to help, donate, support in class rooms and during enrichment programs, the library has wide open doors, the principal is available and dedicated. As a parent, it is very reassuring. This is also a great school were kids come in all shapes and colors, share their culture and help each other. This is so hard to teach, but Oster does. Oster might not have the funds to provide as much as other schools, but us parents and other donors bring in Science lab, reading tools, a Chorus every week, Art every month, music and more.

Posted March 31, 2015
My children have moved to this school for two years now and we just love this school. Teachers and staffs are very engaged and supportive! Now they are allowing to have more after school programs in the school which is wonderful as parents do not have to drive the kids around for their activities.

Posted November 05, 2014
Love, love love Oster. Supportive and dedicated teachers. Teachers give ours kids a challenging amount of homework, but I know it's just preparing them for middle school and beyond. A beautiful combination of nurturing and firm discipline.

Oster Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2014
The school is overrated. If you are not from the community or have connections within the school your child is looked upon as an outcast.

Posted April 02, 2014
Our school was recently granted The distinguished school Award. I'm so proud to be a part of this school and community. I was on the parent panel to answer questions regarding our school and principal practices. I learned so much from the experience and it just makes me even happier to be part if this school and community!

Posted October 24, 2013
My son went to this great school am so proud of it because l think is the better school

Oster Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2013
My son is going into 3rd grade and has had the best kindergarten, first, and second grade teachers ever. He needed extra support because of a learning disability and the principal and resource teacher had him tested immediately and receiving the services he needed in order to succeed. The new principal will listen to your concerns. The entire staff is caring, friendly and supportive. We love Oster!

Posted September 26, 2012
My twin daughters go to Oster since Kindergarten and now they are in 3rd grade. We love oster community. I really hope that the new principal is also as friendly as Mr. Martino

Posted September 05, 2012
The school has a real sense of community with the teachers and parents working together to help a very diverse group of kids. Positive attitudes and appreciation all around.

Oster Elementary School
1855 Lencar Way, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Oster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oster Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top